Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2016, 07:53 AM
Extreme Fan

Thanks for the gorgeous caps. I feel like s3 might be peak Cole hotness.
Old 10-24-2016, 07:59 AM
Obsessed Fan

I think it's inevitable that the Cole/Luisa marriage is going to end. Just that kind of show.
Old 10-24-2016, 08:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracydeanne1 (View Post)
I think it's inevitable that the Cole/Luisa marriage is going to end. Just that kind of show.
And that just makes me sad. I know he will forever be connected to Alison, but I don't think that makes him happy, so I want this relationship with Luisa to work just so that he can move on. Unfortunately that is likely wishful thinking.

icon credit: crash landing
Old 10-24-2016, 10:49 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
And that just makes me sad. I know he will forever be connected to Alison, but I don't think that makes him happy, so I want this relationship with Luisa to work just so that he can move on. Unfortunately that is likely wishful thinking.
Very true. But we sometimes make choices that aren't rational, especially in this show lol, and I think that's what Cole will do. He's too connected to the past.

I think that's what Josh meant when he said that this season will show that no one is a saint. He's going to cheat on/or treat Luisa badly in some way. And it will end.
Old 10-24-2016, 11:50 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Very true. But we sometimes make choices that aren't rational, especially in this show lol, and I think that's what Cole will do. He's too connected to the past.
I think Cole is tied to Alison by the memory of Gabriel. Yes. More than being connected to Alison, Cole is strongly connected to the past, and now i think his family past is included too.

Quote:
I think that's what Josh meant when he said that this season will show that no one is a saint. He's going to cheat on/or treat Luisa badly in some way. And it will end.
And who knows what else..
Old 10-24-2016, 01:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:

Do you think Sarah would create four failed marriages out of all this? Cole and Alison didn't make it nor did Helen and Noah and of course Alison and Noah's didn't last, Ruth confirmed that they are estranged. Having said that, do we really think she's going to write it that Cole's second marriage didn't work either. I think she's going to stay away from that because it is too much leaning toward a soap opera.

Old 10-24-2016, 03:29 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Do you think Sarah would create four failed marriages out of all this? Cole and Alison didn't make it nor did Helen and Noah and of course Alison and Noah's didn't last, Ruth confirmed that they are estranged. Having said that, do we really think she's going to write it that Cole's second marriage didn't work either. I think she's going to stay away from that because it is too much leaning toward a soap opera.
Yes, I do lol. I think her central theme is that marriages end.

Didn't Helens parents split too?
Old 10-24-2016, 03:47 PM
Elite Fan

I don't think the writers think much of fidelity in relationships - or lasting relationships. Alison's mother and father aren't together, Helens parents split, Noah's parents split, Cole's father committed suicide and left his wife to cope on her own with 3 children, and all of the protagonists have had failed relationships. Is there actually a happy relationship where nothing major has gone wrong - Caleb and his wife maybe, unless something happens to them in season 3. Did Noah's sister have a husband - I can't remember.
Old 10-24-2016, 04:14 PM
Obsessed Fan

Agreed. The slant of the show is that most relationships are unhappy (for many different reasons), and eventually end.

Also, Noah's best friend's marriage ended. Add that one too.

It's an odd theme for someone like Sarah who is a newlywed. Maybe she's exploring her own feelings about "what does it take for a relationship to last, and can it last?".
Old 10-24-2016, 04:17 PM
Obsessed Fan

Sorry, duplicate.
Old 10-24-2016, 06:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Yes, I do lol. I think her central theme is that marriages end.
I think Sarah made a statement about all marriages being hard, not that all marriages end.

I would still like to think that Cole and Luisa make it though.

Old 10-24-2016, 06:42 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
I think Sarah made a statement about all marriages being hard, not that all marriages end.

I meant the theme of the show. She may just think it's hard personally, but in her show, she has them all end. If Cole/Luisa's marriage survives, it will be one of the few on the show that does.
Old 10-24-2016, 07:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That's true.

In the spirit of wishful thinking.

Cole looks really happy here.

Old 10-25-2016, 03:15 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:

As much as i love Luisa, i really want Cole and Alison to end up together.

I just feel like they are destined to be together.

Maybe that's what Sarah Treem wants to portrait: whatever you go through as a couple, in the end you find each other again.

It could be too naive of her for thinking that, but maybe that's how she sees her own marriage.
Old 10-25-2016, 05:28 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letgo (View Post)
As much as i love Luisa, i really want Cole and Alison to end up together.

I just feel like they are destined to be together.

Maybe that's what Sarah Treem wants to portrait: whatever you go through as a couple, in the end you find each other again.

It could be too naive of her for thinking that, but maybe that's how she sees her own marriage.
If they do, they would need to work very hard first to make this happen. Alison is still very damaged and keeps secrets, and Cole has his own skeletons in the closet too.
If they end up together again, we'll probably see it at the very end of the series.
But it will not be necessary at all. Cole and Alison are still connected but that doesn't mean that they are destinied to be a couple.
Many ex spouses, in the real world, remain connected but they don't end up together again. They get responsability of their children together but they leave their own lifes, separately.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread