Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2019, 02:36 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
I agree. Now I wish they had ended at the end of S4 with maybe a couple more episodes to close all the stories.

I agree with this. I think there is a large number of people, that would think differently though.
Old 02-07-2019, 04:04 PM
Elite Fan

I don't really see how the original affair affected Whitney - she was a spoilt brat (mainly by her grandmother) at the beginning and still acts the spoilt brat at the end of season 4. Whether her dad had an affair or not does not seem to have affected her. She was making eyes at Scotty long before she knew about the affair, so would probably made the same mistakes whether her dad was with her mom or not. The younger kids may have been more affected, especially Joanie who does not appear to have been adversely affected at all.
Old 02-07-2019, 05:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWS53 (View Post)
I don't really see how the original affair affected Whitney - she was a spoilt brat (mainly by her grandmother) at the beginning and still acts the spoilt brat at the end of season 4. Whether her dad had an affair or not does not seem to have affected her. She was making eyes at Scotty long before she knew about the affair, so would probably made the same mistakes whether her dad was with her mom or not. The younger kids may have been more affected, especially Joanie who does not appear to have been adversely affected at all.
Good point.

icon credit: crash landing
Old 02-08-2019, 03:57 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
I remember that Thanksgiving episode from Season 2, when Whitney took a cab to Montauk to see Scotty, he freaked out, Whitney made a scene and Cole drove her back to the city to Noah and Alison's apartment, and she kissed Cole on the cheek when Noah opened the door (to rub it in). Then Noah reluctantly asked Cole if he wanted to come in for a drink and Cole said "no" and Noah said "good."
Old 02-08-2019, 03:24 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Thanks for the new thread. I came here this morning to tackle it and it was done. The Christmas elf (and Justyne) beat me to it. Thanks co mod.

I lost interest in ER when Dr. Green died. I really would have liked to see him earlier this year in the play with Josh
I actually saw Children of a Lesser God this past May and Josh was fantastic. I had already planned my NYC trip but when I found out he would be off-broadway I had to add it in. I didn't think the actor from ER was particularly strong, but that's just my opinion.

My problem with the Affair is it has veered too far from it's original intentions too many times. I was all in on the great character studies and original plot but it just fizzled or got to convoluted. I did think Josh was amazing with Allison's death. The one thing that really rubbed me the wrong way was when Noah practically raped Alison against the tree at the facility.

Anyway, I will watch the show to see it finish out but I am not looking forward to it too much. Maybe it will surprise me.
Russian Doll ∫ Atypical ∫ Flash ∫ Legends of Tomorrow ∫ Schitt's Creek ∫ Sex Education ∫ Degrassi ∫ Good Trouble ∫ Jane the Virgin ∫ The Good Place ∫ You ∫ The Affair ∫ 13 Reasons Why ∫ Stranger Things ∫ Handmaid's Tale ∫ Trinkets
@ Tumblr | @ Web *Icon by Static Waves
Old 02-08-2019, 05:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasha4god (View Post)
I actually saw Children of a Lesser God this past May and Josh was fantastic. I had already planned my NYC trip but when I found out he would be off-broadway I had to add it in. I didn't think the actor from ER was particularly strong, but that's just my opinion.

My problem with the Affair is it has veered too far from it's original intentions too many times. I was all in on the great character studies and original plot but it just fizzled or got to convoluted. I did think Josh was amazing with Allison's death. The one thing that really rubbed me the wrong way was when Noah practically raped Alison against the tree at the facility.

Anyway, I will watch the show to see it finish out but I am not looking forward to it too much. Maybe it will surprise me.
You are so lucky to have seen Josh live on Stage. I wasn't lucky enough to and my co-mod had her tickets bought for June and they finished early, so she missed her chance. I was so disappointed for her.

I know what you mean regarding The Affair fizzling out, but I always felt Cole's story was always interesting. I don't know if it's because of my Josh love or I just liked the Lockhart story line.

Old 02-08-2019, 09:46 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
You are so lucky to have seen Josh live on Stage. I wasn't lucky enough to and my co-mod had her tickets bought for June and they finished early, so she missed her chance. I was so disappointed for her.

I know what you mean regarding The Affair fizzling out, but I always felt Cole's story was always interesting. I don't know if it's because of my Josh love or I just liked the Lockhart story line.
That sucks that the run ended early. It wasn't a perfect production by any means but Josh and the female lead were phenomenal. Also as a side note Josh bared his ass in the play. Nothing sexual in context, but I definitely wasn't expecting it. Lol.
Russian Doll ∫ Atypical ∫ Flash ∫ Legends of Tomorrow ∫ Schitt's Creek ∫ Sex Education ∫ Degrassi ∫ Good Trouble ∫ Jane the Virgin ∫ The Good Place ∫ You ∫ The Affair ∫ 13 Reasons Why ∫ Stranger Things ∫ Handmaid's Tale ∫ Trinkets
Old 02-09-2019, 01:56 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:

I had actually bought tickets for Children of a Lesser God and built a NYC visit around this, but unfortunately it closed early so I missed my chance of seeing it. As I was travelling from England and had already bought my plane tickets and booked a hotel, both of which were non-refundable, my son and I came to NYC anyway. My son liked Anthony Edwards in Top Gun so was looking forward to seeing him, but as an ardent fan of Josh I really was disappointed to have missed my chance to see him. I had seen the original film of COALG so knew the story, but to have seen Josh in this demanding role would have been epic.

I agree entirely with your comments on The Affair, and as a Ruth Wilson fan as well as a Josh fan I was disappointed with the way it veered away from the original premise.
Old 02-09-2019, 04:55 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
The one thing that really rubbed me the wrong way was when Noah practically raped Alison against the tree at the facility.
It's been discussed here years ago, but I'll refresh my memory.

Like the show's original premise, it depends on your perspective.

In Season 1 Episode 1, there was the scene when Cole forces Alison on the car and starts to have sex with her. Josh said at the Paley Fest it depends on your perspective, which do you believe more - in Noah's perspective, it looks more like rape. In Alison's perspective, it looks like she accepted it more.

But going back to the tree scene you mentioned, I think it was only shown from Alison's perspective, so it's hard to know what really happened.
Old 02-09-2019, 08:13 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conway1 (View Post)
It's been discussed here years ago, but I'll refresh my memory.

Like the show's original premise, it depends on your perspective.

In Season 1 Episode 1, there was the scene when Cole forces Alison on the car and starts to have sex with her. Josh said at the Paley Fest it depends on your perspective, which do you believe more - in Noah's perspective, it looks more like rape. In Alison's perspective, it looks like she accepted it more.

But going back to the tree scene you mentioned, I think it was only shown from Alison's perspective, so it's hard to know what really happened.
I think that the tree scene harks back to when Noah asked Alison about what happened between her and Cole on the car and Alison was surprised that he was concerned, so Noah probably thought that Alison liked 'a bit of rough' and he fantasized about doing something similar, so when the opportunity arose he just went with it.
Old 02-09-2019, 03:36 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
I think that the tree scene harks back to when Noah asked Alison about what happened between her and Cole on the car and Alison was surprised that he was concerned, so Noah probably thought that Alison liked 'a bit of rough' and he fantasized about doing something similar, so when the opportunity arose he just went with it.
Interesting perspective I hadn't clued in on. I think I tend to side with Allison's perspective so I definitely skew the tree scene to her being uncomfortable.

On a lighter note I think part of the reason I stay with this show, apart from Joshua/Cole, is because literally every character has a more f-ed life than I ever could. It's comforting.
Old 02-09-2019, 07:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 02-10-2019, 10:38 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Interesting perspective I hadn't clued in on. I think I tend to side with Allison's perspective so I definitely skew the tree scene to her being uncomfortable.

On a lighter note I think part of the reason I stay with this show, apart from Joshua/Cole, is because literally every character has a more f-ed life than I ever could. It's comforting.
Guilty pleasure....in the 1990's mine was Melrose Place.
Old 02-11-2019, 06:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conway1 (View Post)
Guilty pleasure....in the 1990's mine was Melrose Place.
I remember that show. I don't know what my favourite show was back then. I did watch Charmed, but that was later on, it started in 1998.

I watched The X-File, Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and Friends too.

Old 02-13-2019, 10:35 AM
Passionate Fan

Look who's back for Season 5....

https://www.instagram.com/p/Btyjr_ihb5Q/

Closed Thread   Post New Thread