Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2018, 01:24 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conway1 (View Post)
And Cole loves Alison. Snap!
Yes, he does. He can't get Alison out of his mind. So what is he going to do about Lusia?
Old 07-15-2018, 02:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKatherine (View Post)
Yes, he does. He can't get Alison out of his mind. So what is he going to do about Lusia?
He's so conflicted, I feel for him because I know how he feels.

Sarah Treem
Verified account
@SarahTreem
5 hours ago
My brother is a palliative care physician and my father is a pediatrician so I’ve always been fascinated by doctors’ inner lives. That and the book “When Breath Becomes Air” were major inspirations for Vik’s arc this season. #TheAffair

icon credit: crash landing
Old 07-15-2018, 08:03 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
He's so conflicted, I feel for him because I know how he feels.

Sarah Treem
Verified account
@SarahTreem
5 hours ago
My brother is a palliative care physician and my father is a pediatrician so I’ve always been fascinated by doctors’ inner lives. That and the book “When Breath Becomes Air” were major inspirations for Vik’s arc this season. #TheAffair
That's all fine and dandy Sarah, but what does Vic's story have to do with "the Affair" and I mean the original premise. They've got so far away from that now.
Old 07-15-2018, 08:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiechic (View Post)
That's all fine and dandy Sarah, but what does Vic's story have to do with "the Affair" and I mean the original premise. They've got so far away from that now.
It is sort of a side plot and I felt I was watching a different show, but thankfully Cole's POV cam right after it and I totally forgot abut the rest. Cole was perfect in that episode and I was feeling all kinds of emotions. I didn't cry, but my eyes got damp.

Old 07-15-2018, 08:39 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
It is sort of a side plot and I felt I was watching a different show, but thankfully Cole's POV cam right after it and I totally forgot abut the rest. Cole was perfect in that episode and I was feeling all kinds of emotions. I didn't cry, but my eyes got damp.
I really liked getting to delve into the Lockhart back story, it explains a lot of Cole's personality and the man he is. I hope that learning about his Dad will give him what he needs to be happy
Old 07-15-2018, 08:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby1204 (View Post)
I really liked getting to delve into the Lockhart back story, it explains a lot of Cole's personality and the man he is. I hope that learning about his Dad will give him what he needs to be happy
Yeah, and it kind of makes you think that the love story that Sarah talked about at the beginning of the show was truly about Cole and Alison and nothing to do with Noah. It's a shame we had to sit through his angst in S3.

Old 07-15-2018, 08:56 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Yeah, and it kind of makes you think that the love story that Sarah talked about at the beginning of the show was truly about Cole and Alison and nothing to do with Noah. It's a shame we had to sit through his angst in S3.
Let's hope in the end it is a love story we can be happy about - Cole / Alison
Old 07-15-2018, 09:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Yeah, but I still feel for Luisa. I can't help but like her. Alison was starting to grow on me in S3, but so far this season, I'm still not rooting for a Cole/Alison endgame. I might come around though.

Old 07-15-2018, 10:08 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiechic (View Post)
Vic's life in a way parallel Cole's life. Both Vic , and Cole love their life for other people . Both tried to be the perfect Son, brother ,husband etc. While never getting what ( or who) they want out of life.

Quote:
I hope so too, but I have a feeling that Alison might have move on from Cole after he rejected her after their affair. I miss some of it so I have a few questions

Question:
Why was Daphne in Cole's room? Did Man send her ?
Did Cole have sex with Daphne?
Daphne ask Cole if he was going home to his wife, and he said no. So do you think Cole is finally ready to break up with Lusia?

Last edited by LadyKatherine; 07-15-2018 at 10:24 PM
Old 07-16-2018, 03:29 AM
Ultimate Fan

I definitely think Man sent her and yes sex did happen. I think cole is going to break up with Luisa
Old 07-16-2018, 04:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Here's an article about last night's episode. If you don't want Spoilers don't read it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/15/a...air-recap.html

I will post this - It is a brief description of how each character is perceived.

Quote:
Noah is the guy who played by the rules but never got the chance to break them.

Helen is the perfect partner and mother who has had a hard time making it look easy.

Cole is the Good Guy who just cares too much.

Alison is a Magdelene-like martyr-siren.

Quote:
Vic's life in a way parallel Cole's life. Both Vic , and Cole live their life for other people. Both tried to be the perfect Son, brother, husband etc. While never getting what (or who) they want out of life.
That's a good explanation of the parallel. I never thought of a parallel, I was sitting there watching Vic's story seemed like an entirely different show.

Spoiler:

Last edited by JJH85; 07-16-2018 at 03:36 PM
Old 07-16-2018, 03:54 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I definitely think Man sent her and yes sex did happen. I think cole is going to break up with Luisa
So Cole cheated on Luisa. I never got the idea that Cole actually loved Luisa. When Scotty told Cole that Luisa was looking to get married so she can get her papers. It seem like suddenly Cole wanted to marry her. But it seem more like helping her out than having love for her.

If Cole was to break up with Luisa before she become a citizen she might do something crazy......like kidnap Alison , hide her some where until she declared a unfit mother, and Lusia get custody of Joannie. It doesn't have to be real, it just have to look real on paper. Or she might kill herself. I feel Lusia pulling a gun 🔫 on Cole in 4X02 could be foreshadowing of something to come. I can see Lusia first pulling a gun in Cole , than turning it on herself.

Cole's dad kill himself. Who found the body? Cherry, or Cole?
Old 07-16-2018, 04:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
So Cole cheated on Luisa. I never got the idea that Cole actually loved Luisa. When Scotty told Cole that Luisa was looking to get married so she can get her papers. It seem like suddenly Cole wanted to marry her. But it seem more like helping her out than having love for her.

If Cole was to break up with Luisa before she become a citizen she might do something crazy......like kidnap Alison , hide her some where until she declared a unfit mother, and Lusia get custody of Joannie. It doesn't have to be real, it just have to look real on paper. Or she might kill herself. I feel Lusia pulling a gun 🔫 on Cole in 4X02 could be foreshadowing of something to come. I can see Lusia first pulling a gun in Cole , than turning it on herself.

Cole's dad kill himself. Who found the body? Cherry, or Cole?
I think Cole knew he needed to move on from Alison and he did have true feelings for Luisa, but they weren't as deep as his feelings for Alison. I don't think Luisa married Cole just to get a Green Card because marriage does not guarantee anything.

I don't know about the foreshadowing of Luisa with the gun. In the back of my mind though I kind of think that Luisa is somehow involved with Alison's disappearance and her quick response to Cole when he asked her about him going on a walk about seems like it could be that she might have wanted him out of the way for a bit and maybe there is a reason for that. I could be reading too much into it though.

As far as Cole wanting to marry Luisa so suddenly only seems that way because in the first 3 seasons, they jumped ahead in the timeline by quite a bit, so it easily could have been months after they met. Remember Noah mentioning that he thought that he was Joanie's father for the first 2 years of her life and Alison didn't tell him until Cole and Luisa's wedding and Cole and Luisa were together when Alison gave birth.

I liked this pic from Twitter. That was kind of like me last night except I was drinking Coolers.

Old 07-16-2018, 04:38 PM
Ultimate Fan

I love how he reviewer commented on how handsome Josh is
Old 07-16-2018, 07:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I love how he reviewer commented on how handsome Josh is
I know, I almost posted that line too

Last edited by JJH85; 07-17-2018 at 04:51 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread