Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2018, 11:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKatherine (View Post)
I think Alison rather get back together with Cole. However Noah will get with anyone who want him.
Yeah, Noah is pretty much a man wh - - e is't he? Alison does seem to be having a hard time letting go of Cole just like Cole is having a hard time letting go of Alison.

I just finished watching E3 and I actually quite enjoyed it, even Noah's POV. I think it's the first time he didn't appear like a douche to me. And I teared up twice in Helen's POV. And we actually got a Cole scene at the beginning. I love that he has been in every episode so far, however, brief.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiechic (View Post)
Saw this and sums up my problem with Cole's story perfectly

John Levenstein
‏Verified account
@johnlevenstein
4 hours ago
Catching up on The Affair. Two characters have asked Cole questions so far, and both times he brushed it off with "long story." What do you think we're doing here? Tell us a story.

This guy should know. He is a television producer and award winning writer.
I think we pretty much know the story. Cole meets up with a bunch of young kids on the beach, they slip something into the beer they offered him which is why the chick beside him didn't want it back. They stole his wallet and marked on his face because, let's face it, they're a bunch of doped up kids who would think that crap is funny and they stole his wallet because they could. I don't think there's much more to tell. Why waste precious Cole time on retelling something we pretty much can surmise on our own. I'm going to have to tell this dude a thing or two

I responded to his Tweet.

Josh Jackson BoardFF
@JJaxFF
6 seconds ago
Replying to @johnlevenstein
It pretty much tells us the story, so why retell when we saw it unfold. Doped up kids find it funny to slip something into a grown ass man's drink & mark all over his face, then steal his wallet cause you can #TheAffair

icon credit: crash landing

Last edited by JJH85; 07-02-2018 at 12:09 PM
Old 07-04-2018, 08:05 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
Yeah, Noah is pretty much a man wh - - e is't he? Alison does seem to be having a hard time letting go of Cole just like Cole is having a hard time letting go of Alison.

I just finished watching E3 and I actually quite enjoyed it, even Noah's POV. I think it's the first time he didn't appear like a douche to me. And I teared up twice in Helen's POV. And we actually got a Cole scene at the beginning. I love that he has been in every episode so far, however, brief.

I think we pretty much know the story. Cole meets up with a bunch of young kids on the beach, they slip something into the beer they offered him which is why the chick beside him didn't want it back. They stole his wallet and marked on his face because, let's face it, they're a bunch of doped up kids who would think that crap is funny and they stole his wallet because they could. I don't think there's much more to tell. Why waste precious Cole time on retelling something we pretty much can surmise on our own. I'm going to have to tell this dude a thing or two

I responded to his Tweet.

Josh Jackson BoardFF
@JJaxFF
6 seconds ago
Replying to @johnlevenstein
It pretty much tells us the story, so why retell when we saw it unfold. Doped up kids find it funny to slip something into a grown ass man's drink & mark all over his face, then steal his wallet cause you can #TheAffair

It will be interesting to see if he replies. I took it differently to that, in that he was saying there wasn't much of a story being told. I'm probably wrong though.
Old 07-04-2018, 10:56 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiechic (View Post)
It will be interesting to see if he replies. I took it differently to that, in that he was saying there wasn't much of a story being told. I'm probably wrong though.
I think Cole's story tells a lot about him. Cole is having a med life crisis. He's trying to hangout with his younger crowd, but he wound up chasing those pesky kids away. He wants to go back to his youth when he was fighting the establishment, but wound up becoming the same establishment that he use to fight. Cole is having a mid life crisis. Which makes me wonder if Cole will cheat on Lydia with the new female character being played by Phoebe Tonkin?
Old 07-04-2018, 03:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I think Cole's story tells a lot about him. Cole is having a med life crisis. He's trying to hangout with his younger crowd, but he wound up chasing those pesky kids away. He wants to go back to his youth when he was fighting the establishment, but wound up becoming the same establishment that he use to fight. Cole is having a mid life crisis. Which makes me wonder if Cole will cheat on Lydia with the new female character being played by Phoebe Tonkin?
Well there have been some telling pics about that. Actually, there is a brief scene in one of the Trailers about it.

Old 07-05-2018, 05:26 AM
Extreme Fan

I think Luisa would be like, "well, at least it wasn't Alison he was cheating on me with."
Old 07-05-2018, 06:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy K (View Post)
I think Luisa would be like, "well, at least it wasn't Alison he was cheating on me with."
I think she'd be pissed either way. I want to know what would make Cole do this. He knows how it feels to be cheated on and it's not good. I know he did it with Alison, but in his mind they are probably still a couple which does not make it right of course, but to do some random woman? I just want to know what he's thinking.

Old 07-05-2018, 11:18 AM
Elite Fan

Just watched episode 2. I think Cole joined the kids on the beach because it reminded him of his own younger days - I won't call it youth because it was in the pilot we saw this scene first and Cole wasn't that young then. Does anyone else think the bonfire was the same as in the pilot.

Poor Luisa is really worried about her status as she came to the US illegally all those years ago. She should be worried as people like her are being sent back to their old countries all the time, especially now. They'll have to nip over the border to Canada and set up a café there. I'm sure they will be very welcome, especially if they settle near Halifax, where they made Haven.
Old 07-05-2018, 08:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWS53 (View Post)
Just watched episode 2. I think Cole joined the kids on the beach because it reminded him of his own younger days - I won't call it youth because it was in the pilot we saw this scene first and Cole wasn't that young then. Does anyone else think the bonfire was the same as in the pilot.

Poor Luisa is really worried about her status as she came to the US illegally all those years ago. She should be worried as people like her are being sent back to their old countries all the time, especially now. They'll have to nip over the border to Canada and set up a café there. I'm sure they will be very welcome, especially if they settle near Halifax, where they made Haven.
Sarah Treem Tweeted about the similarities between both campfires, so that was intentional.

And hey, I say come to Halifax

Old 07-06-2018, 05:31 AM
Extreme Fan

It looks like Cole is on a semi sanctioned separation, so possibly it's not quite cheating per se.
Old 07-06-2018, 06:58 AM
Elite Fan

Have I missed something? Has Cole cheated on Luisa apart from with Alison?
Old 07-06-2018, 09:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWS53 (View Post)
Have I missed something? Has Cole cheated on Luisa apart from with Alison?
In one of the Trailers there is a scene of Cole making out with the character played by Phoebe Tonkin, so that's what Sandy's post is about. And the most recent trailer for S4 has Cole asking Luisa to give him some time to go away....

Here's that E4 clip https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUafiWt_ZIc

And this is the S4 Official Trailer where they show Cole making out with new girl. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQ9a9g6LVuI

Last edited by JJH85; 07-06-2018 at 09:15 PM
Old 07-06-2018, 10:19 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
In one of the Trailers there is a scene of Cole making out with the character played by Phoebe Tonkin, so that's what Sandy's post is about. And the most recent trailer for S4 has Cole asking Luisa to give him some time to go away....

Here's that E4 clip https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUafiWt_ZIc

And this is the S4 Official Trailer where they show Cole making out with new girl. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQ9a9g6LVuI

I don't think Cole love Lydia. I think he married only married her because Scotty told him that she's trying to get a green card.
Old 07-07-2018, 02:08 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
I don't think Cole love Lydia. I think he married only married her because Scotty told him that she's trying to get a green card.
Agreed. Cole and Luisa's relationship seems forced and you can tell Cole loves Alison more.
Old 07-07-2018, 04:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Cole can't let go of Alison and in his own way I believe he does love Luisa, but I feel he married her because he knew Alison was toxic and that he had to move on from her.

Old 07-07-2018, 09:18 AM
Elite Fan

Maybe Cole is just imagining making out with that other woman like in last season with Alison. You never know with this show, and the way the clips are edited.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread