Quote:
Originally Posted by Emsea (View Post)

I miss them so much
Old 03-22-2011, 09:19 AM
Elite Fan

add me please.
Old 03-22-2011, 02:46 PM
Dedicated Fan

LOL. Oh, those pictures (and caption) are so funny. Thanks for sharing.
Old 03-23-2011, 10:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

You're added, Nia.
Old 03-25-2011, 11:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Seeing as this is my favorite relationship I hope we get some interaction between the two when the show returns. I'm sure we will get some, but I miss their closeness.
Old 03-26-2011, 12:16 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *OldHollywoodStarlet* (View Post)
Seeing as this is my favorite relationship I hope we get some interaction between the two when the show returns. I'm sure we will get some, but I miss their closeness.
I'm not counting on that, because this season the writers have been far from interested in that relationship. It's been very disappointing for me, but I'm hopeful that S4 will go back to give them some focus. I can't give up on the most compelling love story on TV, although I admit, they're making it less and less interesting every episode. Maybe that's on purpose
Old 03-26-2011, 12:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Sadly your most likely right. I too hope they will have that closeness and focus in season four.
Old 03-26-2011, 10:51 AM
Dedicated Fan

Oh, now you see, I disagree. I think we've had some delightful Peter/Walter scenes this season. Granted, the development of the Bishops' father/son relationship was probably more vital to the SL in seasons one and two, building to the big season two finale, but it's still there. And I still love it!
Old 03-26-2011, 11:58 AM
Master Fan

Yeah, and I can even see why they haven't been so close this season, because you know...Walter stole Peter and everything. It's going to and has taken a long while while for Peter to get over that, or at least come to terms with it. I think it will take even longer for Peter and Walter to get back to where they were before Peter found out about it.
Old 03-26-2011, 01:32 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
I'm not counting on that, because this season the writers have been far from interested in that relationship. It's been very disappointing for me, but I'm hopeful that S4 will go back to give them some focus. I can't give up on the most compelling love story on TV, although I admit, they're making it less and less interesting every episode.
Quote:
Yeah, and I can even see why they haven't been so close this season, because you know...Walter stole Peter and everything. It's going to and has taken a long while while for Peter to get over that, or at least come to terms with it. I think it will take even longer for Peter and Walter to get back to where they were before Peter found out about it.
The issue I have though - is that after the first episode they were together in, when Walter tried to talk to Peter about everything that happened, and Peter didn't want to talk - they have basically said nothing else to each other about it. After the build up of S2, I was expecting way more Peter/Walter stuff, or a better written arc for their fall out.

If they're not as close this season, yes it's understandable, but I don't think it's been communicated well enough that the reason they aren't as close is because of everything in S2. Some episodes they almost seem perfectly fine around each other, almost like nothing happened. It's just confusing.

I am really disappointed in how the Peter/Walter relationship was handled this season. That's not to say I haven't enjoyed their scenes together, just that it feels so clear to me that the Peter/Walter relationship was put in the backseat in favour to exploring the P/O relationship, and all of the Over There universe stories.

I really want more balance. I get a little ticked off with the "this is the season of ....." stuff. Why can't each season be about them all, in different ways?

I said about the P/O relationship, that if the writers want to write that relationship/story-line, they need to write it well. And I feel the same about Peter/Walter. I would love more Peter/Walter, but if not, then at least better quality Peter/Walter.

Others may not agree, but I honestly don't feel like Peter/Walter have really addressed any of the stuff from S2 properly, so it feels like a giant hanging thread and it shouldn't be. Not after so much build up/emphasis. I think the Peter/Walter stuff was the heart of S2 and is a part of what helped "Fringe" become the critical hit it has (seriously, critics love the show), so it saddens me that we haven't gotten more quality Peter/Walter interaction this season.

All IMO of course.
Old 03-26-2011, 01:59 PM
Obsessed Fan

I agree Seersha. I'm not saying, that S3 has been completely devoid of W/P moments, there have been a few really good ones, but the scarceness wasn't compensated with good P/O stuff (and I don't understand this relationship right now). I'm disappointed.
Old 03-26-2011, 03:02 PM
Extreme Fan

Well said Seersha. I agree with you also. I don't know whether the writers have put the kidnapping to bed now or whether it's something that Peter is still coming to terms with.

I think John Noble has said in a recent interview that things aren't good with them at the moment, which has been awkward for John and Josh because they just want to play the scenes as if everything is good. However, it's not. So, what do you think he is referring to then? The kidnapping, the machine, the killing of the shapeshifters? Why is their friction between them?
Old 03-26-2011, 04:16 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
I think John Noble has said in a recent interview that things aren't good with them at the moment, which has been awkward for John and Josh because they just want to play the scenes as if everything is good. However, it's not. So, what do you think he is referring to then? The kidnapping, the machine, the killing of the shapeshifters? Why is their friction between them?
When I read that part of his answer, it confused me. Because as I said, in all honesty, it sometimes feels like Walter/Peter act as if nothing happened. But Josh and John have both talked about how thoroughly and frequently they discuss their dynamic, that it does make some sense that between the two of them they have decided that they want to play a scene a certain way, as if there is tension or what not. I don't know. I think they take more time to try and make Peter/Walter make sense than the writers have this season... at this point, anyway.

ETA: Any friction, IMO, is coming from their differing POVs on exploring the machine and its consequences. Walter doesn't want to lose Peter "again," and Peter doesn't want to be responsible for "destroying worlds" like Walter. That said, I thought they had come to an understanding about it and that Walter was going to be more supportive of Peter in his quest to find answers. The "killing shape-shifters" stuff is still a thread that hasn't been closed off.
Old 03-26-2011, 04:29 PM
Extreme Fan

Yes, I would agree with that Seersha. The writers I don't think have done a good job with Peter and Walter this season. It just seems the care hasn't been there, that was there in previous seasons. As you say, that probably has to do with the fact that it's not the A story this season.

Still like Peter, if I have to learn more about the Walter and Peter relationship from interviews, than what they show in the eps, then they are not doing their job properly.
Old 03-26-2011, 04:40 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Still like Peter, if I have to learn more about the Walter and Peter relationship from interviews, than what they show in the eps, then they are not doing their job properly.
I said basically the same thing in reaction to the producers saying they made Bolivia pregnant to "humanise" the Other Side. Also from an interview. Ugh. It's tough - sometimes I think the writing/creative team are genius, other times they make me roll my eyes. LOL.