Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-26-2011, 04:43 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofiab (View Post)
I’m still waiting for that conversation between them; I thought this episode could have been a good opportunity for them to address their past. Will Walter ever tell him the truth, how it all went down? How he wanted to return him, but couldn’t? I sense that Walternate had a closer relationship with his Peter than Walter with his; which makes it very ironic that now Walter is so protective of Peter and Walternate is apparently willing to sacrifice him.
That is a very good point!! I mean, we saw how wrecked Walternate was, and i actually felt for him. But now he is all...evil. Not evil in the truest sense of the word, but not a good person. Maybe loosing Peter was part of what made him so...bad. And maybe he wants to destroy our world so much because of Walter did and what it is doing to his own world, that he is maybe, by this time, willing to sacrifice his own son, for what he is seeing as saving the billions in his own world. Well, we still haven't gotten to see much into Walternate's plans, his thoughts and feelings...

But by now Walter seems so much more of a father to Peter than Walternate ever could be.
Old 02-26-2011, 06:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I’m still waiting for that conversation between them; I thought this episode could have been a good opportunity for them to address their past. Will Walter ever tell him the truth, how it all went down? How he wanted to return him, but couldn’t? I sense that Walternate had a closer relationship with his Peter than Walter with his; which makes it very ironic that now Walter is so protective of Peter and Walternate is apparently willing to sacrifice him.
I agree for the most part. I REALLY want them to have that conversation too! Do you mean when they were younger? I thought the opposite actually because it was Walternate's wife who was with Peter while playing with the coin whiles our Walter was doing that with his Peter. That might be why Peter was somewhat freaked out with the whole baseball glove because Walternate never did that thus part of the reason he noticed the difference. Hmm I need to watch the episode again. Maybe I'm wrong about that. But the whole ironic part I agree with. All this time he was trying to find him and it ends up he wants to hurt his son while our Walter doesn't.

It really shows the difference in that one learned from his past and the other hasn't.
Old 02-27-2011, 12:57 AM
Obsessed Fan

Unfortunately, there was no Walter/Peter goodness in the latest episode. In fact, I was shocked by how distant Walter was with Peter. That was awkward to say the least. We had some wonderful Elizabeth/Peter scenes, though. I just adore that woman, no matter the universe.

I don't know if Peter and Walter will ever have a conversation about the time after the kidnapping. That conversation would have made sense at the beginning of S3, but the writers didn't care for that storyline, which I find disappointing. I don't know if there's a way to introduce such a conversation this late in the season, in a way that felt natural.
Old 02-27-2011, 05:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by *OldHollywoodStarlet* (View Post)
I agree for the most part. I REALLY want them to have that conversation too! Do you mean when they were younger? I thought the opposite actually because it was Walternate's wife who was with Peter while playing with the coin whiles our Walter was doing that with his Peter. That might be why Peter was somewhat freaked out with the whole baseball glove because Walternate never did that thus part of the reason he noticed the difference. Hmm I need to watch the episode again. Maybe I'm wrong about that. But the whole ironic part I agree with. All this time he was trying to find him and it ends up he wants to hurt his son while our Walter doesn't.

It really shows the difference in that one learned from his past and the other hasn't.

I mean the conversation about Walter lying all those years to Peter about who he was. Remember the “I’m not your son”? Peter crossed over and then crossed back, but they never talked about it; it was like nothing really happened. Peter did go back to his universe and then he came back and they never touched it.

Watching Peter and now Subject 13 I got the impression that both Walters were very career oriented, even more when Peter got sick and they spent all their time trying to find a cure, but I still feel Walternate was closer to Peter than Walter. And the fact that Peter left when his mother died on this side and didn’t want to have anything to do with him when Olivia met him in Iraq, shows to me that they weren’t close.
Old 02-27-2011, 08:35 AM
Extreme Fan

There's alot the writers haven't filled in, and I think it's a shame because we have gaping holes everywhere with regards to Walter and Peters relationship.

Like a few people said, the whole discovering he was from the altuniverse, going back over there and coming back, there has been no discussions about this between the two in season 3. Really disappointing and I agree, I'm not sure we are going to get it, because I think it is too late now.

I really miss their relationship this season, as it was a big part of why I watched this show from the beginning. Alas, there is alot of things I miss about this show, that they are not doing this season. Really fustrating.
Old 02-27-2011, 11:24 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiechic (View Post)
I really miss their relationship this season, as it was a big part of why I watched this show from the beginning. Alas, there is alot of things I miss about this show, that they are not doing this season. Really fustrating.
We get a few cute little moments here and there, but that's it. Of course, everyone watches for different reasons, but the main draw for me was always the Bishops. They are the main reason I watch the show, so this season has been frustrating and, frankly, it has lacked warmth, IMO.
Old 02-27-2011, 09:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I mean the conversation about Walter lying all those years to Peter about who he was. Remember the “I’m not your son”? Peter crossed over and then crossed back, but they never talked about it; it was like nothing really happened. Peter did go back to his universe and then he came back and they never touched it.
Oh I see. Yes I totally agree with this. Peter hasn't want to talk about it but it is something they need to talk about even if it is painful so they can start to heal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueUniverse (View Post)
We get a few cute little moments here and there, but that's it. Of course, everyone watches for different reasons, but the main draw for me was always the Bishops. They are the main reason I watch the show, so this season has been frustrating and, frankly, it has lacked warmth, IMO.
They're the main reason I watch the show too. They're relationship is my favorite of the show. I see glimmers of warmth. The way Peter freaked out when he realized that Walter was alone with a shape shifter and the way Walter was afraid of Peter getting killed by going after the Observer, and that whole cupid bit but yes they don't have that same interaction as season one. I think for them to get back to that is for them to have that talk that mostly Peter is avoiding. It's the only way they can heal and I hope can grow closer.
Old 02-28-2011, 01:08 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *OldHollywoodStarlet* (View Post)
They're the main reason I watch the show too. They're relationship is my favorite of the show. I see glimmers of warmth. The way Peter freaked out when he realized that Walter was alone with a shape shifter and the way Walter was afraid of Peter getting killed by going after the Observer, and that whole cupid bit but yes they don't have that same interaction as season one. I think for them to get back to that is for them to have that talk that mostly Peter is avoiding. It's the only way they can heal and I hope can grow closer.
Or season two. *sigh* I miss them so much
Old 02-28-2011, 01:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Yeah season two was really the best. That was I meant. I sometimes I forget how many seasons there have been since I burned right through them. I really do too.
Old 02-28-2011, 05:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiechic (View Post)
Like a few people said, the whole discovering he was from the altuniverse, going back over there and coming back, there has been no discussions about this between the two in season 3. Really disappointing and I agree, I'm not sure we are going to get it, because I think it is too late now.
I don’t think it’s too late and I think and hope that they’re delaying it for a specific moment: when Peter finds that he’s going to be a dad and that “it’s hard to be a father” sentence from the Observer will fit perfectly. Peter will probably understand what Walter did stealing him because he too may want to do the same: cross to the other universe to save his baby.
Old 02-28-2011, 02:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ I agree. I'm looking forward to both conversations if not the one because it might be discuss in one go.
Old 02-28-2011, 06:40 PM
Absolute Fan

I agree too. I think they are saving that conversation for when Peter has to make a decision about the baby. And since he was that baby/child, he is going to struggle with what to do.

♥ Please, you couldn't handle it...Perhaps you're the one who couldn't handle it ♥
~ Mary ~ Icon
Old 03-01-2011, 12:42 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Well they did touch the surface of it in the second episode. And yes, they barely got anywhere before Peter refused to talk about it, but at least Walter convinced him to listen, but of course they barely got anywhere when they were interrupted again. But yes, it hasn't been touched yet with them. A little frustrating.

Quote:
Watching Peter and now Subject 13 I got the impression that both Walters were very career oriented, even more when Peter got sick and they spent all their time trying to find a cure, but I still feel Walternate was closer to Peter than Walter. And the fact that Peter left when his mother died on this side and didn’t want to have anything to do with him when Olivia met him in Iraq, shows to me that they weren’t close.
Yeah, very true, but over the two years they worked together, i think they got very close, much closer than they ever were, so close that it was very very painful when Peter found out that Walter took him. But i like to think they have got some of that closeness back and, while it is only the tip of the iceberg, that they are well on their way to getting that closeness back again-if at the end, Peter doesn't die and all...

And i also think that part of the reason they might not have been able to be close all that time is because i think it has been shown that Walter felt very guilty about taking Peter, and although he grieved greatly over Peter dying, and didn't have the strength to take Peter back, he just couldn't face what he did, so he did what he did best-his work. It seems that maybe all those years before he went into the institution, maybe he was so absent because he was dealing with his own guilt, and then had seventeen years to sit on it in St. Claire's.

You know, it's kind of crazy that, in some way, taking Peter and causing all this damage is what brought them back together and allowed them to become so close. I mean, if no damage had been done to the universes and no Fringe events happened, Peter would still be off in Iraq or wherever and Walter would still be in the institution. Or, if Walter had never taken Peter, neither Walter would have a son, because the Peter we know and love would have also died, because, as we saw, The Observer distracted Walternate and he didn't find the solution. So there would be no Peter, and both Walters would be close to, if not exactly like Walternate is now.

Pretty crazy to think about...
Old 03-02-2011, 08:36 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkson_fan (View Post)

You know, it's kind of crazy that, in some way, taking Peter and causing all this damage is what brought them back together and allowed them to become so close. I mean, if no damage had been done to the universes and no Fringe events happened, Peter would still be off in Iraq or wherever and Walter would still be in the institution. Or, if Walter had never taken Peter, neither Walter would have a son, because the Peter we know and love would have also died, because, as we saw, The Observer distracted Walternate and he didn't find the solution. So there would be no Peter, and both Walters would be close to, if not exactly like Walternate is now.

Pretty crazy to think about...
So very true.

♥ Please, you couldn't handle it...Perhaps you're the one who couldn't handle it ♥
~ Mary ~ Icon
Old 03-21-2011, 07:39 PM
Absolute Fan

source

~ Mary ~ Icon