Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-15-2011, 12:59 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by catherineusa (View Post)
How nice for them: Diane and Josh are getting much time together.

Meet young Peter:

Chandler Canterbury - IMDb

Are those blue eyes not perfect!

Spoiler:
I read the summary at Spoiler TV. I'm happy, that we're getting a glimpse of the machine so soon
Old 01-15-2011, 02:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
How nice for them: Diane and Josh are getting much time together.

Spoiler:
Josh probably has some time off since they're apparently filming the episode with their younger versions, so the grown ups won't be much needed.

Spoiler:
Old 01-16-2011, 05:09 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofiab (View Post)
Josh probably has some time off since they're apparently filming the episode with their younger versions, so the grown ups won't be much needed.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 01-16-2011, 09:17 AM
Master Fan

What does everyone think about the possible effects of the machine on Peter. I think it may cause him some brain damage or at least there is a serious risk of that happening.
Rupert hardly speaks. You're lucky to get anything out of him these days, he just has a wicked sense of humor and he's very eccentric and very unique in the way that he does things. He's like a big kid. I feel like he'll never grow up, which I love.
Old 01-16-2011, 11:10 AM
Obsessed Fan

Since Peter seems to be the power source of the machine, I think it could drain him of energy. Whatever he ends up doing with that thing, it's possible, that it will kill him.
Old 01-16-2011, 11:16 AM
Dedicated Fan

I have a difficult time even speculating on what that machine might do to Peter, since I haven't a clue what exactly it's suppose to do...create or destroy is rather all encompassing and light on details.

"Reciprocity?" - BLUE UNIVERSE: You built the machine; we build the machine.
RED UNIVERSE: You screwed up our world; we screw up yours. or You came over here; we're coming over there.

In other news It had been rumored that Josh and Diane were planning a secret wedding over the holiday. Now, there are photographs of them (on vacation and at hollywood events) wearing gold bands on their fingers. No official comment yet, but what do you think?

Last edited by catherineusa; 01-16-2011 at 11:55 AM
Old 01-16-2011, 06:15 PM
Loyal Fan

I'm clueless when it comes to mythology spec! If I had to guess I'd say the machine would probably kill him.
Old 01-16-2011, 10:17 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
"Reciprocity?" - BLUE UNIVERSE: You built the machine; we build the machine.
RED UNIVERSE: You screwed up our world; we screw up yours. or You came over here; we're coming over there.
Good point! I don't think we'll get the whole picture, of what the machine means for Peter so soon, because it's not complete yet, but we should start getting an idea during the episode. I suppose they'll start with some tests, nothing major yet.
Old 01-17-2011, 01:06 AM
Obsessed Fan

Why are you so tragic??
Yes, walter thinks that the machine could kill Peter because of the picture september gave to Olivia. But how does he really know about that? I think nothing! Nina also said that "it's only a picture..", so WE viewers have to consider other possibilities. For me that machine doesn't kill peter if HE has the power to control it. What if the contact with the machine, that we'll see in "reciprocity" helps peter to remember something about him or reactivates his dormant cells slowly?

This is another interesting theory posted by an user on "Fringebloggers":

Quote:
...the machine actually IS a total fake-out because…. Peter himself is the whole thing!! But that would be a little freaky to tell him so everyone has him working on the machine INSTEAD, so he’ll start controling his abilities of whatever it is he’s suppose to do.
That totally ties into the theory of Peter being special and haveing these yet to be revealed abilities that make him so special

In other words, Peter is the vacuum and the machine only and "instrument"

Last edited by jade86; 01-17-2011 at 01:19 AM
Old 01-17-2011, 03:10 AM
Master Fan

I don't think Peter is the whole thing when it relates to that machine. Yes the machine obviously only works with Peter but it's sort of like Olivia and her ability to switch the lights off with her mind, the key may be in Peter's childhood and his mental abilities (the guys does have an IQ of 190 right!?).
Rupert hardly speaks. You're lucky to get anything out of him these days, he just has a wicked sense of humor and he's very eccentric and very unique in the way that he does things. He's like a big kid. I feel like he'll never grow up, which I love.
Old 01-17-2011, 04:36 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade86 (View Post)
Why are you so tragic??
Yes, walter thinks that the machine could kill Peter because of the picture september gave to Olivia. But how does he really know about that? I think nothing! Nina also said that "it's only a picture..", so WE viewers have to consider other possibilities. For me that machine doesn't kill peter if HE has the power to control it. What if the contact with the machine, that we'll see in "reciprocity" helps peter to remember something about him or reactivates his dormant cells slowly?

This is another interesting theory posted by an user on "Fringebloggers":

That totally ties into the theory of Peter being special and haveing these yet to be revealed abilities that make him so special

In other words, Peter is the vacuum and the machine only and "instrument"
Heh, sorry! Fringe hasn't given us a moment of happiness lately.

That's an interesting theory, actually. Peter described the machine as "symbiotic in nature", maybe both Peter and the machine are the vacuum.
Old 01-17-2011, 08:24 AM
Master Fan

Whatever the machine will do to him, I don't think it will kill him! At least that's what I'm wishing for!

Old 01-17-2011, 10:06 AM
Loyal Fan

But we're assuming that once the machine is built that Peters even going to use it. Remember a key part of the season so far has been highlighted by both Liv and Peter, "there has to be another way".
Old 01-17-2011, 10:41 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie23 (View Post)
But we're assuming that once the machine is built that Peters even going to use it. Remember a key part of the season so far has been highlighted by both Liv and Peter, "there has to be another way".
I think it's safe to assume, that he'll use it, otherwise this storyline would be too anti-climatic.
Old 01-17-2011, 11:42 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueUniverse (View Post)
I think it's safe to assume, that he'll use it, otherwise this storyline would be too anti-climatic.
I'm not saying for sure he won't. I'm not exactly great when it comes to science/mythology stuff, but all we know about the machine is that Walternate designed it to help destroy this world. It's a volatile situation they are in, and we still need to discover whether using the machine would still destroy this world. And again, we go back to "there has to be another way". Both Peter and Olivia have said they don't want to have to destroy any world, they don't want to kills possibly billions of people. If Peter has to believe there is another way at this point, then so do I.

I just at this point don't want him to use the machine so let me be in denial!