Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2020, 11:45 AM
Elite Fan

My upstairs neighbor is seriously testing my sanity
Old 12-03-2020, 02:33 PM
Total Fan

The Lab (OT) #25: Sam was here :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ropetuned (View Post)
My upstairs neighbor is seriously testing my sanity
Why?
Old 12-03-2020, 03:38 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhorse25 (View Post)
Why?
It sounds they’re moving in furniture and then going bowling

Every. Single. Day. At all hours, too

I talked to the manager and they went and talked to them which I really didn’t wanf, seems like it only strengthened their resolve to make sure my walls vibrate
Old 12-03-2020, 03:40 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
It sounds they’re moving in furniture and then going bowling

Every. Single. Day. At all hours, too

I talked to the manager and they went and talked to them which I really didn’t wanf, seems like it only strengthened their resolve to make sure my walls vibrate
You need to talk to your manager again and let him know they are still making noise.
Old 12-03-2020, 03:51 PM
Elite Fan

I asked to be moved to another unit and she gave the generic “ll see what is being done about or situation and get back to you”

AKa stop bothering us and suck it up

Yeah well, I’m not
Old 12-03-2020, 03:54 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
I asked to be moved to another unit and she gave the generic “ll see what is being done about or situation and get back to you”

Yeah well, I’m not
Well, you can always withhold the rent when it's due.
Old 12-03-2020, 04:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:

Yeah well, I’m not
Definitely don't give up. Keep bugging them - every day if you have to. Most leases have a "peaceful enjoyment" clause which means you have a right to reasonable limitations on noise that the management is obligated to enforce. I wouldn't advise withholding rent, though. That puts you in violation of the lease and only gives management ammunition against you. There are ways you can do that - but it involves setting up escrow accounts and mailing official, certified letters - which is usually more trouble - and more expense - than it's worth.

~Heidi
Old 12-03-2020, 08:33 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
Definitely don't give up. Keep bugging them - every day if you have to. Most leases have a "peaceful enjoyment" clause which means you have a right to reasonable limitations on noise that the management is obligated to enforce. I wouldn't advise withholding rent, though. That puts you in violation of the lease and only gives management ammunition against you. There are ways you can do that - but it involves setting up escrow accounts and mailing official, certified letters - which is usually more trouble - and more expense - than it's worth.
Oh I’m not going to withhold rent, I can’t honestly, I had a co-signer help me out because my credit is garbage due to so many hospital bills

I’ve noticed the clause you talk about but it looks like it’ll be hard to prove or present as a case considering most of it happens during the day but still, it’s so distracting people on the phone can hear it

I’ve thought about trying to terminate the lease if it comes to it and I really need to go elsewhere but I can only imagine the cost
Old 12-04-2020, 04:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's unfortunate, but sometimes moving is the only thing you can do in cases like these. You can stick it out for awhile and hope maybe they'll move.

~Heidi
Old 12-04-2020, 04:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yes it is

How was everyone's week?
Old 12-04-2020, 06:15 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
It's unfortunate, but sometimes moving is the only thing you can do in cases like these. You can stick it out for awhile and hope maybe they'll move.
Luckily I heard back from them and the property managers are going to put in for my transfer! I’ll be getting a third floor apartment somewhere in the complex but what sucks is there’s no timeline

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Yes it is

How was everyone's week?
Ehh, slow and uneventful. Yours?
Old 12-04-2020, 11:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Glad to hear that you heard back

Good, thanks
Old 12-05-2020, 03:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

At least there's a light at the end of the tunnel even if you don't know how long the tunnel is

~Heidi
Old 12-05-2020, 05:00 PM
Elite Fan

Indeed!

I love this apartment and it’s beautiful, sad that having loud neighbors sucked any fun out of it
Old 12-06-2020, 02:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I lived in the same apartment for about 15 years and went through a number of neighbors. Some were quiet and didn't bother me. Others, not so much. One guy moved in next door and a few nights after he move in, I heard this pounding on the wall at about 10pm. I thought it was a bit late to be hanging pictures, but I'm a tolerant person, and figured you have to expect things like that when someone has just moved in. A couple of nights later he was at it again - about 10:30 this time. This kept up for a few weeks and I started to wonder just how many pictures this guy could have! I finally mentioned it to my boyfriend, who also was the resident manager of the building. He looked at me funny and then burst out laughing. "He's not hanging pictures," he said. "I think he has a girlfriend!"

~Heidi