Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-02-2014, 06:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

Seriously?
Emily
Old 02-02-2014, 06:36 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chastidy (View Post)
I gave up on The Tomorrow People - it's just too bad for me to make excuses for it anymore . Plus I think Reign will get renewed before TTP and unless Star-Crossed and The 100 both bomb (very possible) I don't see TTP getting renewed.
Yeah but TTP has been doing a tad better. If I had to choose, I'd definitely go with Reign but I really want both, tbh. TTP definitely still has flaws but it's gotten much better, Imo.

Quote:
Basically on point. It's just embarrassing how slanted the writing is when it comes to him, Klaus and Caroline.

He and Caroline were hand down the best parts of S2/3. Both individually and together.
Totally agree on both of these. Klaus and Caroline are so clearly favoritized. Classic case of destroying one couple just to pimp another.

Forwood made S2 imo, they had such an organic connection that remains unmatched by any other couple on the show. It's a shame TPTB had so little respect for it.

Quote:
Yeah I'm solely watching for Matt and Grey Damon. Moreso Grey Damon if I'm honest he's so dreamy.

I can't believe Matt is still playing a teenager
I'm with you Chas, though I am also watching for Matt, GD is my baby and I'd follow him just about anywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayberry (View Post)
The writers said there'd be plenty of Francis, after a lot of complaints. Francis fans will not be ignored.
Haha yeah, I know a lot of the Francis/Frary fans got pretty vocal about the last episode. I can't say I liked how spiteful some got but I can understand why they were upset. Even as a neutral viewer, I can say that there is no show without Francis. I just really hate ship wars

Quote:
I know Luca was going to break out. LOVE it!!!!! And that would be awesome if he's the more powerful one. I was like, something's going on here. He's always put aside so the writers are obviously planning something....and here we are!
Luca's just awesome and even though I do like Stephen a lot more than I did, I'd still love to see Luca put him in his place Stephen has this idea that he's the be all end all of powerful tomorrow people so I'd love for Luca to show his big bro that he's not, in fact, the most powerful

Quote:
I've been liking Stephen a lot more too, but I can't lie. I wanted to punch him in this particular episode when he was fooling around with Potential Stepdaddy. I understand he was concerned but to throw him into a raging river? UGH. Of course this may be a reflection of all the merciless Ultra training he's getting. And Alexa Vega the Spy Kid is now a baddie? Whaaaaa? It took me awhile to recognize her.
Yeah, that was seriously lame. I think he's kind of an idiot for not putting the pieces together about it being Luca the whole time but even so, there were far better ways to test his theory about the new man in his mom's life. I felt really bad for the guy, he was just an innocent bystander and now he's probably scared shtless

Quote:
John/Astrid. Of course I'm afraid the writers are just gonna drop them. Either because they weren't planning for it OR they won't have Astrid fall out of love with Stephen which she should totally DO. I mean, John saved her life and she saved his. They're forever bound now.

Flashback John breaks my heart every single time. I'd love to see a little Astrid or even little Russell. I don't know where they found the actor for younger John but he's great. More flashback John!

Omg, finally a TTP ship worth rooting for I absolutely adore John/Astrid and I really loved Astrid in general on this last ep..So awesome to see her take charge like that

Cara and Stephen can have each other because John/Astrid are clearly the better couple

Also, totally agree on young John, he is the most precious little kid every time he's on, I just wanna jump in there and give him a hug

my tumblr|| Jess
Old 02-02-2014, 07:01 PM
Extreme Fan

Caroline/Tyler were definitely the highlight of S2 of TVD for me. Their story was really awesome.

lol I can't believe Matt is 30 going on 31 and playing someone in high school, he just got done doing that!
Old 02-02-2014, 07:15 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by betterthanrevenge (View Post)
Caroline/Tyler were definitely the highlight of S2 of TVD for me. Their story was really awesome.

lol I can't believe Matt is 30 going on 31 and playing someone in high school, he just got done doing that!
Forwood were so freaking awesome back then, wish they had gotten more screen time before things went bad

Yeah, I had really hoped that Matt would play an adult role now but hey, I'll take what I can get

my tumblr|| Jess
Old 02-02-2014, 07:30 PM
Elite Fan

I thought Matt was like 27-28. Whoaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Quote:
Luca's just awesome and even though I do like Stephen a lot more than I did, I'd still love to see Luca put him in his place Stephen has this idea that he's the be all end all of powerful tomorrow people so I'd love for Luca to show his big bro that he's not, in fact, the most powerful
Yeah, Stephen thinks he's a hot tamale when really he's a speck of chili powder. What does it say that the blonde girl's been kicking his butt in most of their sparring? Luca would be the perfect person to show him he's not all that. It would be hilarious if Luca's been hanging out in the attic over Stephen's bed just laughing at his poor attempts at romancing Cara/dealing with Astrid/life in general.

Quote:
Yeah, that was seriously lame. I think he's kind of an idiot for not putting the pieces together about it being Luca the whole time but even so, there were far better ways to test his theory about the new man in his mom's life. I felt really bad for the guy, he was just an innocent bystander and now he's probably scared shtless
I wouldn't blame that guy for never stepping foot in their house again. Luca would have to convince him to come back because Luca is awesome like that.

Quote:
Omg, finally a TTP ship worth rooting for I absolutely adore John/Astrid and I really loved Astrid in general on this last ep..So awesome to see her take charge like that

Cara and Stephen can have each other because John/Astrid are clearly the better couple

Also, totally agree on young John, he is the most precious little kid every time he's on, I just wanna jump in there and give him a hug
They are a better couple. Way better, and unexpected, which works well. I'm just afraid they'll drop J/A. Whenever people have been asking about them, and the fandom's only gotten bigger since last week, the writers are all "Uhhhh.......you get to see how John/Cara met." Yeah, okay. That's not good enough. We want some Jastrid scoop maaaaaaaaan.

icon
Old 02-02-2014, 07:53 PM
Master Fan

Quote:

Yeah, Stephen thinks he's a hot tamale when really he's a speck of chili powder. What does it say that the blonde girl's been kicking his butt in most of their sparring? Luca would be the perfect person to show him he's not all that. It would be hilarious if Luca's been hanging out in the attic over Stephen's bed just laughing at his poor attempts at romancing Cara/dealing with Astrid/life in general.

I wouldn't blame that guy for never stepping foot in their house again. Luca would have to convince him to come back because Luca is awesome like that.
Lmao at the chili poweder comment Totally with you on Luca, I'm just really psyched to see him come into his own..Hopefully they'll do him justice

I really don't blame that guy either. I mean, as far as he's concerned, Stephen tried to kill him..That's quite the baggage to take on lol I feel bad for Stephen's mom too, finally finding a guy she likes after all these years and now because of Stephen, she's lost him.

Btw, I've been trying to figure out where I've seen Stephen's mom from before, ever since the first ep. She always looked so familiar but I could never put my finger on it and then when I was watching the last ep, it finally hit me. She played Alex's mom on Nikita

Quote:
They are a better couple. Way better, and unexpected, which works well. I'm just afraid they'll drop J/A. Whenever people have been asking about them, and the fandom's only gotten bigger since last week, the writers are all "Uhhhh.......you get to see how John/Cara met." Yeah, okay. That's not good enough. We want some Jastrid scoop maaaaaaaaan.
Yeah, I read about that but I'm just like ugh seriously no one cares about John/Cara..Okay maybe a tiny percentage do but most of us don't because they suck Cara doesn't deserve John, she never has and she likely never will and no amount of pimping/shoving them down my throat will make me think otherwise.

I am definitely afraid that J/A will be dropped because the focus always seems to stay on Cara as the only viable love interest for either guy but I'm really hoping that they'll give John/Astrid a chance because they're the only worth while ship imo and their connection just feels so much more real than Stephen/Cara's ever did.

my tumblr|| Jess
Old 02-02-2014, 09:10 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
really don't blamethat guy either.I mean, as far as he's concerned, Stephen tried to kill him..That's quite the baggage to take on lolI feel bad for Stephen's mom too, finally finding a guy she likes after all these years and now because of Stephen, she's lost him.
Stephen (unknowingly) brings a lot of baggage to other people. Astrid almost got killed after he shared his powers with her.

Then Stepdaddy, and the professor who died, his mother, and Jed's girlfriend.I'm not saying he's a bad luck charmbut........... It might be better NOT to know him.I've seen the mom somewhere too. Not sure where, though.

Quote:
Yeah, I read about that butI'm just like ugh seriously no one caresabout John/Cara..Okay maybe a tiny percentage dobut most of us don't because they suck Cara doesn't deserve John, she never has and she likely never will and no amount of pimping/shoving them down my throat will make me think otherwise.I am definitely afraidthat J/A will be dropped because the focus always seems to stay on Cara as the only viable loveinterest for either guybutI'm really hopingthat they'll give John/Astrid a chance because they're the only worth while shipimo and their connection just feels so much more real than Stephen/Cara's ever did.
I'd sayabout 80% of the viewing audience are over John/Cara.If the writers screw up Jastrid for J/C, heads will roll and ratings will drop.I mean,yeah, usually, ships don't sink shows,but making us watch unlikeable Cara go between Stephen and Johnisn't something anyone wants to watch. LikeI wasintrigued by the triangle at first,butI grew tired ofit onceI realized Cara wasn't worth fighting for.

Andif Stephen wants Astrid only because John does,I swear....... He'sthat thick to be offended by them when he was the one who basically turned her down.I'm actually expectingit now. Grrrrrrrrrrr.

icon
Old 02-02-2014, 09:28 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Stephen (unknowingly) brings a lot of baggage to other people. Astrid almost got killed after he shared his powers with her.

Then Stepdaddy, and the professor who died, his mother, and Jed's girlfriend.I'm not saying he's a bad luck charmbut........... It might be better NOT to know him.I've seen the mom somewhere too. Not sure where, though.
totally agree..If Stephen's good intentions do this much harm, I'd hate to see what his bad intentions could pull off

Quote:
I'd sayabout 80% of the viewing audience are over John/Cara.If the writers screw up Jastrid for J/C, heads will roll and ratings will drop.I mean,yeah, usually, ships don't sink shows,but making us watch unlikeable Cara go between Stephen and Johnisn't something anyone wants to watch. LikeI wasintrigued by the triangle at first,butI grew tired ofit onceI realized Cara wasn't worth fighting for.
Well, I have seen from the couples board that some do still seem to ship them for some reason but I think majority of viewers have been over J/C for a while now. Honestly, I never was into the triangle from the beginning because Cara is insufferable and so is Stephen when he's with her. John, on the other hand, is all kinds of awesome but it was always clear he deserved better so I was never able to really get into either side of the triangle. John/Astrid, on the other hand, I fell for pretty much instantly

Quote:
Andif Stephen wants Astrid only because John does,I swear....... He'sthat thick to be offended by them when he was the one who basically turned her down.I'm actually expectingit now. Grrrrrrrrrrr.
Unfortunately, I could totally see Stephen doing that. Playing with Astrid's feelings to keep her from John. "best thing I never had" comes to mind

my tumblr|| Jess
Old 02-03-2014, 01:02 AM
Obsessed Fan

I mentioned earlier that it would be nice if one of these shows got to follow the Super Bowl. I had no idea that New Girl actually would. Good for that series.

I've been curious about this hairstyle for a while now. Does anyone know if it has a name (I've heard that it doesn't), and why girls even bother wearing it? Have you seen this on any of your shows?
Old 02-03-2014, 03:59 PM
Extreme Fan

I loved the New Girl episode last night!

James, my friends and I have always called that hairstyle a halfback.
Old 02-03-2014, 04:18 PM
Elite Fan

I don't think anyone really works that hairstyle anymore do they? I think it was more of a 90s trend?

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 02-03-2014, 04:48 PM
Obsessed Fan

I see women wearing it at work now and then. It's either that or something similar. I've also seen it in recent films or shows like that one.

Quote:
James, my friends and I have always called that hairstyle a halfback.
Thanks.

New Bitten tonight. Hope it's a good one.
Old 02-03-2014, 04:52 PM
Master Fan

I haven't seen that hair style in ages

New Girl was awesome last night. I was a little bummed that we didn't get to see the initial ILY from Nick but they made up for it and I loved loved the S/C scene..Soo damn cute

my tumblr|| Jess
Old 02-03-2014, 05:05 PM
Elite Fan

Did we get a Schmidt/Cece scene?

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 02-03-2014, 05:17 PM
Master Fan

Yeah and a great one at that..They danced together

my tumblr|| Jess