Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-31-2014, 10:49 PM
Master Fan

Oh how I wish Tyler/Caroline were only screwed to the level of Lannie, if they were I could definitely see an endgame for them.

I think for Caroline to be redeemed, it would take a lot of work but the problem is that she's the show pet and in order for her to be redeemed, they'd first have to admit that she's screwed up which I don't see them ever doing. It's really a shame because Caroline used to be, hands down, the best character on the show.

Honestly, I don't see Tyler/Caroline ever coming back from this, not because they can't but because the writers have no desire to make it happen. Tyler's basically been reduced to being Caroline's punching bag at this point

my tumblr|| Jess
Old 01-31-2014, 11:41 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fated 4 FayLee (View Post)
It's really a shame because Caroline used to be, hands down, the best character on the show.
And that reminds me a lot of what I used to say about Naomi. You mean that Caroline was more layered and interesting than the lead girl? I wonder if it's the same way in the books.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fated 4 FayLee (View Post)
Honestly, I don't see Tyler/Caroline ever coming back from this, not because they can't but because the writers have no desire to make it happen.
That's a shame. I wonder what caused this.
Old 01-31-2014, 11:51 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by James26 (View Post)
And that reminds me a lot of what I used to say about Naomi. You mean that Caroline was more layered and interesting than the lead girl? I wonder if it's the same way in the books.
Kind of. Caroline started out as a very shallow and superficial character but then when they made her a vampire in S2, she really seemed to grow up and blossom into a very layered character full of depth. Then, I'd say probably around mid-season3 she started to revert back into the shallow, superficial, insecure girl she started as only it was worse because she also gained more negative traits such as her hypocrisy and judgyness. Caroline's imperfections were what made her so great but now they just pretend that she doesn't have any.

I can't speak for anyone else but personally, I didn't like Caroline in the books.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James26 (View Post)
That's a shame. I wonder what caused this.
Honestly, the execs just seem to not care for Tyler/Michael Trevino. They're always looking for some excuse to get rid of him and when they do let him come back, it's only to crap on him some more and then send him back on his way.

my tumblr|| Jess
Old 02-01-2014, 12:16 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chastidy (View Post)
James, I've seen Chloe. It's such a crazy film. Nina Dobrev is in it.

On PLL is Ezra bad? Have Arias parents split? Is Mona not a regular anymore?
I liked Chloe for the first hour or so. It started out as a fascinating tale, but sort of morphed into a psycho thriller. Don't get me wrong, though. I like psycho girls -- which is part of why I like Mona on PLL. I think she's the most interesting character, but they seem to be focusing less and less on her these days.

I wonder if there's any film where the psycho girl wins, or sort of does. Someone mentioned Devious Maids. Mariana Klaveno played a great psycho in this film called The Sitter.

Quote:
Caroline's imperfections were what made her so great but now they just pretend that she doesn't have any.
Sounds like that's the main issue.
Old 02-01-2014, 12:28 AM
Master Fan

Yeah, they really don't show Mona much at all anymore

my tumblr|| Jess
Old 02-01-2014, 12:39 AM
Obsessed Fan

So I just watched the scene where she admits it to Elena. The girl reminds me of Annie and cousin Emily. She actually seemed a bit remorseful at first.
Old 02-01-2014, 01:07 AM
Master Fan

That was actually Katherine but yeah, I wasn't really impressed with that moment of remorse because of the context in which it was expressed. It's hard to explain without going into the back story but with Caroline, it's always about trying to get people to tell her what she did was okay and then the tiny inkling of regret is gone.

Idk, like I said it's hard to explain it's just a very complicated history

On a lighter note, this is probably one of the best Tyler Mvids I've ever seen

my tumblr|| Jess
Old 02-02-2014, 11:25 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I figured there wouldn't be much Francis but I had hoped for at least a scene..I really miss him
The writers said there'd be plenty of Francis, after a lot of complaints. Francis fans will not be ignored.

Quote:
Eta: I forgot to ask, did you see TTP this week??

I loved John/Astrid soo much

I think they've shown some clear effort to improve Stephen as well, I've actually been enjoying him since the episode before the big break. Cara's still Cara but it cracks me up how when John was in charge, she was all about bowing down to Stephen's every little whim and now that she's in charge, she's pretty much always dismissive of him now

Love that Luca is breaking out and that he's apparently strong enough to push Stephen out of someone else's head since they said only the strongest could do that and he's just starting out, I'm gonna be if he ends up stronger than his big bro
I know Luca was going to break out. LOVE it!!!!! And that would be awesome if he's the more powerful one. I was like, something's going on here. He's always put aside so the writers are obviously planning something....and here we are!

I've been liking Stephen a lot more too, but I can't lie. I wanted to punch him in this particular episode when he was fooling around with Potential Stepdaddy. I understand he was concerned but to throw him into a raging river? UGH. Of course this may be a reflection of all the merciless Ultra training he's getting. And Alexa Vega the Spy Kid is now a baddie? Whaaaaa? It took me awhile to recognize her.

John/Astrid. Of course I'm afraid the writers are just gonna drop them. Either because they weren't planning for it OR they won't have Astrid fall out of love with Stephen which she should totally DO. I mean, John saved her life and she saved his. They're forever bound now.

Flashback John breaks my heart every single time. I'd love to see a little Astrid or even little Russell. I don't know where they found the actor for younger John but he's great. More flashback John!

icon
Old 02-02-2014, 12:45 PM
Elite Fan

I gave up on The Tomorrow People - it's just too bad for me to make excuses for it anymore . Plus I think Reign will get renewed before TTP and unless Star-Crossed and The 100 both bomb (very possible) I don't see TTP getting renewed.

Quote:
Honestly, I don't see Tyler/Caroline ever coming back from this, not because they can't but because the writers have no desire to make it happen. Tyler's basically been reduced to being Caroline's punching bag at this point
Basically on point. It's just embarrassing how slanted the writing is when it comes to him, Klaus and Caroline.

He and Caroline were hand down the best parts of S2/3. Both individually and together.

Quote:
I liked Chloe for the first hour or so. It started out as a fascinating tale, but sort of morphed into a psycho thriller. Don't get me wrong, though. I like psycho girls -- which is part of why I like Mona on PLL. I think she's the most interesting character, but they seem to be focusing less and less on her these days.
Yeah I felt the same about Chloe. It starts off good but then gets really stupid.

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 02-02-2014, 02:00 PM
Elite Fan

Chas, FWIW, TTP beat Reign this week. I don't want to lose either one so I hope they cut the 0.2- 0.3 shows. Sorry CD and BATB.

icon
Old 02-02-2014, 04:42 PM
Elite Fan

What's CD?

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 02-02-2014, 05:03 PM
Elite Fan

The Carrie Diaries.

I'm hoping Star-crossed is way better than it looks.

icon
Old 02-02-2014, 05:05 PM
Elite Fan

Oh right

Yeah so am I. I don't think the CW is holding out much hope for it. They're putting most of their effort into The 100 (which I think looks awful personally).

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 02-02-2014, 05:16 PM
Elite Fan

I know. When I saw the promo fro the 100, I thought it looked like some bad MTV/LMN tv movie mash-up.

If Aimee and Matt weren't on Star-crossed, I wouldn't even give it a chance.

icon
Old 02-02-2014, 05:20 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah I'm solely watching for Matt and Grey Damon. Moreso Grey Damon if I'm honest he's so dreamy.

I can't believe Matt is still playing a teenager

My Tumblr
My Twitter