Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-19-2010, 10:57 PM
Master Fan

Holy crap they got tvshack too? Ugh. As if the world has nothing else of any importance going on. I love surfthechannel. I'll hunt around and hopefully find something. The little one came up yesterday and was like "Can we watch Walle?" And I had to say no. It sucked.

If I missed the eyebrow thing I'm gonna end up reading that thread all the way through. LOL.

ETA: Hannah, YES! Texting Annie while out with Dixon and pining over her. Fab. "Annie, has your brother always been like this?" "Liam? Like what?" "Life of the party?" "Oh that, yeah. He has. You're at a party with Dixon?" "He inisisted. I wish you were here." BAM.
Old 07-19-2010, 11:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Awe.
I love walle.
Old 07-19-2010, 11:05 PM
Master Fan

Walle completely blew my mind when I saw it. The social commentary was amazing, both on earth and on the ship, Walle as a character was so impressive and expressive despite not being human or even human like...man. Definitely one of my favorite films out of the last five years. Up was also wonderful. Such depth.
Old 07-19-2010, 11:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah it was great, I wasn't expecting it to be that good.
Old 07-19-2010, 11:10 PM
Master Fan

The auto pilot was totally an homage to HAL from 2001 a space odyssey, which was so epic. I loved the writer for putting in all the stuff to make it interesting for adults yet also keep that youthful vibrance.

Nice job writers, now, go work for 90210!

Whaaaaat?
Old 07-19-2010, 11:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

At this point, anyone is better than the 90210 writers.
Old 07-19-2010, 11:16 PM
Loyal Fan

I'll brb I have to go watch that Naomi/Liam scene again in Winter Wonderland because I can only vaguely remember why Liam builds the boat.
Old 07-19-2010, 11:17 PM
Master Fan

Too true, Crystal.

I'm sure a guinea pig with a crayon would have at least a 50/50 shot at being as good if not better.

Hannah, he builds it because Annie pissed him off.
Old 07-19-2010, 11:21 PM
Loyal Fan

For reals?
Old 07-19-2010, 11:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I'm sure a guinea pig with a crayon would have at least a 50/50 shot at being as good if not better.

Quote:
Hannah, he builds it because Annie pissed him off.

Dammit, I need to stop staying up late.
Old 07-19-2010, 11:23 PM
Master Fan

Technically. Yep. On the yacht during Teddy's party when she goes all bitch-face on Naomi. He yells at Dixon about it and when he gets home he storms around and gets the blue prints out and starts on it because he's so angry he needs something to focus on.

He builds the thing because of Annie.

ETA: Crystal, I love your dirty mind. And I'm hopeless on the going to bed early. When I used to work at 5am I would go to bed at one. LOL.
Old 07-19-2010, 11:27 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Androthiel (View Post)
I feel like Liam would be a loving disciplinarian. He would understand based on his own experience that a child needs a father who is going to be there for them but also keep them in line. So much of why he was acting out in S1 was because of his lack of a respectable father figure. But, I also feel he'd stop at nothing to protect his children and he'd LOVE them very much.
I agree. I think that Liam would seem like the stricter parent, while Annie might be the more 'flawed' at times.

I don't know why I never really noticed this before, but Annie and Liam, as a pairing, bear a physical resemblance to Debbie and Harry. Unfortunately, this gets me thinking about some potential friction between them.

It's worth noting that both Annie and Liam's stepfather have had issues with drinking. Considering that, I can imagine alcohol creating tension between Annie and Liam someday (in the distant or not-so-distant future), particularly if Annie was to have a bad day and turn to alcohol in a moment of weakness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Androthiel (View Post)
Annie would instinctively want to shelter her kids, but I think she would fight the impulse. She wouldn't want them to repeat her own mistakes but she wouldn't be so overbearing as to not let them figure out the world a bit on their own. I also think she'd be very easy to talk to, much like her mother, from a daughter's perspective. I think she would give off that I will never judge you aura and be an active listener to her kids' problems.
Well said. I think it would be interesting to see Annie as that kind of mother.

When you consider things like this, Annie and Liam may have more potential together than either of them could with any other characters. I just hope the people making the show see it that way.
Old 07-19-2010, 11:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Crystal, I love your dirty mind. And I'm hopeless on the going to bed early. When I used to work at 5am I would go to bed at one. LOL.
Hahaha, that's like me too. But then I yawn the whole day. Not good.
Old 07-19-2010, 11:30 PM
Loyal Fan

I need to stop going to bed so late. My sleeping schedule is so effed up. But I like to write late at night. :/
Old 07-19-2010, 11:33 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by James26 (View Post)
I don't know why I never really noticed this before, but Annie and Liam, as a pairing, bear a physical resemblance to Debbie and Harry. Unfortunately, this gets me thinking about some potential friction between them.
It's worth noting that both Annie and Liam's stepfather have had issues with drinking. Considering that, I can imagine alcohol creating tension between Annie and Liam someday (in the distant or not-so-distant future), particularly if Annie was to have a bad day and turn to alcohol in a moment of weakness.
When you consider things like this, Annie and Liam may have more potential together than either of them could with any other characters. I just hope the people making the show see it that way.
I've always thought that about Annie and Liam and Debbie and Harry actually. It is interesting to look at. I don't necessarily think it spells trouble, though...what couple doesn't face friction at points?

Also, I'm not sure Annie has a heavy problem with drinking at this point, but turning to it instead of her husband during a bad time would be an interesting turn of events...I grew up with two alcoholic parents, so I know. It's rough. I feel like Liam would be the "When a man loves a woman" husband in that situation. He'd do his best, and he'd always love her, but he'd go away and take his kids before having her issues threaten them. Though, I think she could get through it and earn them back.

I agree. I hope the writers notice how many things are possible between them. It's unlike any other relationship on the show.

ETA: Mine too Hannah. I'm a big dumb-dumb about sleep, but it's so freaking hot there's no way. And I usually write late as well.