View Single Post
Old 07-19-2010, 11:33 PM
Androthiel
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by James26 (View Post)
I don't know why I never really noticed this before, but Annie and Liam, as a pairing, bear a physical resemblance to Debbie and Harry. Unfortunately, this gets me thinking about some potential friction between them.
It's worth noting that both Annie and Liam's stepfather have had issues with drinking. Considering that, I can imagine alcohol creating tension between Annie and Liam someday (in the distant or not-so-distant future), particularly if Annie was to have a bad day and turn to alcohol in a moment of weakness.
When you consider things like this, Annie and Liam may have more potential together than either of them could with any other characters. I just hope the people making the show see it that way.
I've always thought that about Annie and Liam and Debbie and Harry actually. It is interesting to look at. I don't necessarily think it spells trouble, though...what couple doesn't face friction at points?

Also, I'm not sure Annie has a heavy problem with drinking at this point, but turning to it instead of her husband during a bad time would be an interesting turn of events...I grew up with two alcoholic parents, so I know. It's rough. I feel like Liam would be the "When a man loves a woman" husband in that situation. He'd do his best, and he'd always love her, but he'd go away and take his kids before having her issues threaten them. Though, I think she could get through it and earn them back.

I agree. I hope the writers notice how many things are possible between them. It's unlike any other relationship on the show.

ETA: Mine too Hannah. I'm a big dumb-dumb about sleep, but it's so freaking hot there's no way. And I usually write late as well.