22. Pan
23. Nymph_Marty
24. DanceWithLife
25. ninkagv22
26. Subject87
27. Liam's curls
28. lauratillnoon

Quotes;

Dexter: She's the only person in the world who loves me. I think that's nice. I don’t have feeling about anything, but if I could have feelings at all, I’d have them for Deb.

Dexter: Geez Deb, where the hell do you keep your gun?

Dexter: Deb's fallen for you hard, and if you hurt her...
Rudy: What you'll hurt me? Oohhh...
Dexter: Yeah, something like that.

Deb: Sweet Mary mother of **** that's good.
Dexter: I think you might have broken a commandment somewhere in there.

Dexter: It's pretty impressive. It seems it wasn't too long ago I was taking care of you.
Deb: I like it better this way.
Dexter: Yeah, I can see that.

Dexter: If I had never been in your life...
Deb: **** you.
Dexter: **** me?
Deb: If you hadn't been in my life, I wouldn't be who I am. You've given my confidence and the support. You've been the one constant...the one constant, good thing in my life. I love you.
Dexter: I'm so thankful.

Threadstarters: Don't forget to post the link to any new thread at the Intro/Board Guide thread so that it can be updated in the thread directory! and also please copy this information in the first post of our future threads --> Thanks

Thor/Loki Charles/Erik Kirk/Spock Zachary/Chris Dexter/Deb Nev/Max Thorin/Bilbo Neal/Peter John/D'avin Thomas/Newt Conrad/Devon Stiles/Scott Richie/Eddie
Old 07-25-2013, 06:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thank you for the new thread!

Old 07-25-2013, 07:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

you're welcome!
Thor/Loki Charles/Erik Kirk/Spock Zachary/Chris Dexter/Deb Nev/Max Thorin/Bilbo Neal/Peter John/D'avin Thomas/Newt Conrad/Devon Stiles/Scott Richie/Eddie
Old 07-25-2013, 08:20 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

tyftnt
Old 07-25-2013, 10:06 AM
Obsessed Fan

Thanks for starting thw new thread, ill close off the last one.
Old 07-25-2013, 04:15 PM
Passionate Fan

Thanks for the new thread!

They still have amazing chemistry (on and off screen actually) and their dynamic to me is as intriguing as it has been from day one. After 8 series they still keep us wondering and discovering new aspects about them even though they feel like old friends too.
Old 07-25-2013, 04:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

everyone is welcome! they really do have amazing chemistry!
Old 07-26-2013, 05:14 AM
New Fan

For all the anti-Debster folk...

I'm a big Debster fan because I think they have amazing chemistry, but I'm mostly just excited by the potential intensity and novelty of the story arc. It's something that has never really been done before and the writers have done such a phenomenal job of setting it up from the beginning.

As a Debster fan I'm really quite saddened by the close-mindedness I often see in forums and in comments concerning how "wrong" their relationship is and how gross we must be for wanting it to happen.

First off- "incest" should never be brought into play at all simply because "incest," by definition, requires even the slightest blood-ties of which Deb and Dexter have none whatsoever.

Second, as I said earlier, the writers have been setting up the believability of this attraction from the beginning.

It's actually just simple science. Let's take step siblings for example... It's actually way more common than people might think for step siblings to have sexual relationships. Most of these taboo occurrences can mostly be attributed to their different immune response genes. When two people have a chemical, instinctual attraction to each other, it is because they are sensing the pheromones the other gives off which communicate their immune system compatibility. The more different a potential mate's immune system, the more attractive they smell because the combination of your immune systems will create stronger offspring.

Let's say step sibling '1' has a mother and father with immune systems 'A' and 'B' respectively. That would mean step sibling '1' and any of their siblings would have immune system 'AB'. Step sibling '2' has a mother and father with immune system 'C' and 'D' respectively, giving '2' and any of their siblings immune system 'CD'. If woman with 'A' and man with 'D' meet, are attracted to their different immune response genes, and marry, does it not stand to reason that siblings with immune systems 'AB' and 'CD' might have a chemical attraction?

Sharing even a partially similar immune system is actually said to smell "off putting" making it basically impossible to be chemically attracted to anyone even remotely related to you. A different immune system smells comforting and arousing. Chemical attraction is something you don't decide to have, it is something that is out of your control. Obviously you can choose to ignore it and not act of it, but that doesn't make it cease to exist.

Now if we apply the above scenario to Dexter and Deb it all fits into place. Not only was Deb immediately attracted to Dexter's blood brother who shares an identical immune system with him, but Harry and Dexter's mother were having an affair, one fueled by a chemical attraction from genes that they passed on to their children.

Now the real problem lies with the fact that Dexter and Deb were very young when they became siblings. To me, all this does is justify the lifelong denial of the attraction.

Granted, I have both blood siblings and step siblings and if my blood sibling were to say they had a sexual relationship with one of my step sibling it would definitely be awkward at first, but I would accept it in much the same way I would accept one of them coming out as gay or transgender because I understand it is something they can't control and they've simply decided to not suffer in denial.
Old 07-26-2013, 06:17 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

cool first post! Welcome here!

I agree, I don't see why it would be incest, they are not blood relations! As far as I know, adopted siblings, people with both different mothers and fathers are allowed to marry even and it does happen.
Old 07-26-2013, 08:51 AM
Extreme Fan

I totally agree.I have thought of them as a couple some seasons ago.
Old 07-26-2013, 11:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I always liked them together...but I didn't start really shipping them until the season 6 finale
Old 07-27-2013, 01:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

I don't even ship them most days, () Im just saying that it wouldn't be disgusting at all.
Old 07-27-2013, 05:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

they are just so perfect for each other!
Old 07-28-2013, 12:23 AM
Passionate Fan

Looks like they'll be a lot more back on track after episode 5...

Until they bring in Hannah in one of the next episodes anyway I'm guessing..

Can't wait to see what will happen next, these two are on fire!!
(As per always! )
Old 07-28-2013, 05:54 PM
Obsessed Fan

Yeah it's all going to turn upside down when Hannah returns.