Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-25-2013, 05:37 AM
Passionate Fan

8.9: "Make Your Own Kind of Music" (Original airdate 08/25/2013)

"Make Your Own Kind of Music"

Season 8, Episode 9

Episode 9 Sneak Peeks:

Sneak Peek #1:

Sneak Peek #2:

Old 08-25-2013, 05:39 AM
Passionate Fan

New episode guys!!!

Soooo... What's going to happen on this week's episode??

Is the title in reference to the music we heard in the background, in the BS killer video, maybe, linked previously to Dr Vogel, or....?!
Feel free to speculate!
Old 08-25-2013, 04:01 PM
Obsessed Fan

TFTNT I haven't been able to watch the last 2 episodes, but a friend offered me a laptop to borrow, so I'll finally be able to catch up tomorrow
Old 08-25-2013, 06:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

kind of bummed that we won't see Zach alive anymore...I was just starting to like him! But I'm sure they will have mentions....speaking of...Rudy Cooper please! that's all I want! I still think Quinn killed Cassie! Ugh....Hannah is horrible! Forever hating you Hannah!! MCH shirtless! oh...oh...oh! LIES! I'm gagging! Dexter loves Deb!! only! connection with the song? No blood? Zach's body was at Dexter's? I didn't notice that! Dexter found evidence! I hope that Hannah will one day be gone for good! He needs a life with Deb! and Harrison! Dexter...honey! why can't you see...Hannah is evil! Deb's creeper boss! Marshal Service? Of course its about money! Angel and Deb! they are cute! ugh Quinn...Deb needs to go back! I hate you Quinn! Bur I want him to be the killer Deb wanting to say "Hi" to Dexter Nikki you are useless! Debster! "Serial killers convention?" Deb couldn't believe about Zach! Be a cop again Deb! what? related to her? I knew she was evil! Vogel talking about her sons? crazy! I almost feel bad for her...almost. could her son be the killer? Cassie's boyfriend? Its him? woah...freaky! oh shut up Harry! Angel and the marshal guy talking to Dexter about Hannah! no! I want Hannah dead! ugh...Deb and Quinn...gag! you are a horrible person Quinn...just in general! Deb wants to play cop! I've had more than enough of Hannah/Dexter...I want her gone! the marshal seeing Dexter! he can't believe he's there! what is with this marshal guy? Dexter lying about helping Arlene? "Aunt Deb" Harrison is too cute!! Deb asking about Oliver! he sounds like a creeper! Deb thinks Oliver killed Cassie! but I still think its Quinn! If Deb is with Hannah...Deb will kill her! "Debra" Deb and Quinn talking to Oliver! he's so suspicious! Stop being a creeper Quinn! oh my eyes....I'm disgusted! you deserve better than that Deb! way better! like oh lets say...Dexter! Please kill Hannah Deb!! Deb would do anything for Dexter! Dexter stop hurting Deb...you need her! kill outfit!! Oliver already left? that was quick!! Dexter and Harrison! Harrison asking about Hannah! omg! I can't believe he would say that....wanting Hannah to be his mom? um...no! a match? Oliver is her son! crazy! I really wanted it to be Quinn...now I'm sad! Dexter can't die! ugh...Dexter/Hannah gag!! Harrison is my baby! Leave Hannah! Dexter doesn't need to start over! you are selfish Hannah! they better not move..I'd sob "Debra" I want him to be with Deb...no one else! Matthews asking about Zach! Deb talking to Angel! omg! Deb's coming back!! I'm so happy! no Deb! don't think! you have to do it! creeper Quinn! Deb hates Hannah and really who could blame her? "my brother's a serial killer" poor Deb but she does need to go back! why is everyone fooled by Hannah? they need to see her for who she really is!! Harrison is to cute! the marshal checking on Dexter! Harrison's picture? omg! how could he be so blind? I know he's a kid but come on now! Hannah will never be his mother! I hated Rita but Hannah is worse!! Deb's creeper boss! he's such a jerk!! "my brother..." Ugh I hate you Elway!! Deb you deserve better than a jerk boss like him!! I bet Vogel will die and Oliver aka Daniel would be thel killer! omg! Dexter just poisoned her! what? playing the song! Dexter seeing Daniel and hearing the song! Dexter is going to kill him? this is just getting crazy! he saw him!! flattened the tire!! omg!!! wow Harry...you are a smart one...not! he's there...I bet! She is a crazy woman! she wants to be with Daniel...way to much stuff going on! you deserve better Dexter!! I knew he was there!! they are so weird together! Great episode! intense!
Thor/Loki Charles/Erik Kirk/Spock Zachary/Chris Dexter/Deb Nev/Max Thorin/Bilbo Neal/Peter John/D'avin Thomas/Newt Conrad/Devon Stiles/Scott Richie/Eddie
Old 08-25-2013, 09:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

First off please use paragraphs .....

Sadly not happy this ep was slow and podding, no real shocker on Evelyn's son Being the killer , or that she would protect him from Dexter .
As much as I love Hannah , they have nurtured her, she is nice no longer a threat ..
I am wating on Deb to turn on Hennah get her boss the )250,000K to just force Dexter to stop .
To me only way to save this so Dexter can get vogols son for good ..

I feel that Quinn,debs, her boss all going to be In a huge s**h*t storm
Old 08-26-2013, 02:16 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Saxon/Daniel sounds like he could be Dexter's greatest adversary, not to mention Vogel's help in the matter.
Old 08-26-2013, 04:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I feel like they really changed Masuka this season...he has no point. I still think that there is something with Hannah that everyone isn't seeing.
Thor/Loki Charles/Erik Kirk/Spock Zachary/Chris Dexter/Deb Nev/Max Thorin/Bilbo Neal/Peter John/D'avin Thomas/Newt Conrad/Devon Stiles/Scott Richie/Eddie
Old 08-26-2013, 01:08 PM
Master Fan

Well, so much for more action.

The problem I have with this season, at the root, is that I no longer like the character that Dexter has become. Now, he's always been self-centered to serve the Dark Passenger. I said it last week, but that's what I miss about the show. It was the essence of the show. Now Dexter is willing to use anyone for whatever purpose he deems fit. Deb is a tool to him right now. He doesn't seem to care about her at all. He's using her to hide Hannah, whom she hates. Hannah is a tool for him to find a "normal" life. Harrison is a cover for not being a bad guy. Jamie is raising his child for him and is apparently okay with that. Why is she there when he is? Is he completely incapable of caring for him? He's not an infant anymore. I really got nauseated when he used Rita as a cover for him slinking around with Hannah. I wasn't HUGE on Rita, but she deserves better than that from the man who helped cause her death and who is responsible for her child. At this point, Dexter is convinced that he is right, he is the only one who is right, and no one else matters as long as he's getting his way. So that's what it comes down to. I don't like Dexter right now and I can't see them doing anything to change that in the next three episodes.

At this point, all I can do is root for Deb, but she's just going to get burned again by Dexter's unwillingness to think of others.

Now for a slightly more detailed breakdown with moderated bitterness:
I agree with ocfan: Masuka is no longer Masuka. His daughter is a moron and has no purpose in the show.

Quinn needs to figure out who he is, but at least I didn't have to watch him have sex or fight with Jamie. That's all there is to their relationship, anyway.

Not sure where they're going with the Zack storyline. Seems like nowhere now that he's dead, but I guess his parents have at least noticed he's gone. Miami Metro wouldn't have even pulled that off.

I can understand why Deb thinks she doesn't belong on the squad (she forgot to add in "I'm a murderer" to the reasons), but she's obviously not happy unless she's a cop. It's who she is. Aside from Dexter, nothing else has really mattered to her.

Vogel obviously wasn't helping Saxon before, but it looks like she will be nurturing him from this point. I'm not sure how she can justify this to herself, though I suppose he was killing serial killers at times. Cassie sure didn't qualify, though. She wanted to take him to a facility before Dexter drugged her, but now it seems like she's going to just let him run loose. He'll kill lots of people, of course, and probably several of the main characters for some end-of-series shock value. The guy playing him isn't menacing enough for me to feel like he warrants "big bad" status. He's rather prissy and that doesn't inspire fear in me.

Dexter's idea of hiding is standing in plain sight in front of a giant window about 15 yards from the killer. Smooth. I can't imagine how he got caught.

The grand plan is to move to Argentina and act like a normal family? Okay, they can't be the Joneses. They're serial killers. Their neighbors won't be able to try to keep up with the Joneses beucase the Joneses will kill them. Add into that the fact that they would be uprooting Harrison from the only family he really knows in Jamie, it's the most deluded, child-running-away-from-home nonsense plan ever devised.

Are there no roads that lead out of Miami? Do they just run in a big circle endlessly not allowing you to leave? Is it actually an island in the middle of the Atlantic that boats can't dock on? If not, why is Dexter having so much damn trouble finding somewhere else to hide someone that only a couple of people appear to be looking for? Instead he decides the only option is for her to bunk with his sister, whom Hannah tried to kill.

Geez, writing all of that out makes it sound even worse. The show doesn't even make sense anymore.

I'm out. Ready for the show to finish its fizzle-out. I can tough out three more episodes of it, but I definitely won't be shedding tears at the end.

Icon by Court
Old 08-26-2013, 03:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes i even started to read spoliers ,which i have avoided all season to see what I have left .. stopped at the finale spoliers as I felt I need to watch and see what goes down in the end

I always liked Hannah role in the series but sadly the writers have watered her down and taken Dexter with her .

Vogual , i have seen where she ends up or goes .. As for the son it seemedl ike too late to add a new guy who was barley a blip on map on the show all of sudden he is major threat . Could have teased this guys role earlier .

We have seemed to have gotten away from Debs issues on killing laqurta and hiding that fact

I agree Masuka has been harldy used ,joey this episode excpt for all of sudden kissing Deb. who didnt fight it or reel in disgust was his biggest move in few weeks .
Old 08-26-2013, 05:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

yeah...I feel like they just accepted Laguerta's death and moved on...

If i was Deb I would have punched Quinn!
Old 08-27-2013, 10:56 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

she obviously wasnt offended enough for a punch. Not to mention Dexter wronged her a lot more and she didnt even punch her brother.
Old 08-27-2013, 10:23 PM
Master Fan

Quinn probably makes her feel normal. Nothing else does right now, so why not allow a little randomness? It's not like she doesn't have feelings for the guy.

Icon by Court
Old 08-28-2013, 03:12 AM
Extreme Fan

I think it is all coming together now in a most confused way.

I too have been reading the spoilers

Have started re-watching seasons 1 to see if I can understand how they got to where they are in season 8!

The problem with finales is they try to do too much and so loose the heart of the show.

Yes Dexter standing outside the café window in plain sight, there have been a few of these incidences. Before he was so careful of not being caught, he did his homework and left no trace. Now we are suppose to accept that he does not even have to hide, he might as well set up his table on the beach and get to work!

However I did enjoy this episode as there was more action in it.

Masuka and Angel have been abandoned throughout this whole season which is a shame as they were very much a part of the show in the earlier seasons.
Old 08-28-2013, 06:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I do hope what I have read , going forward , makes for dramatic ending .
With 3 ep to go , time to ramp up the drama .
Old 09-03-2013, 12:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

that was funny