View Single Post
Old 08-26-2013, 01:08 PM
emesoohci
Master Fan

Well, so much for more action.

The problem I have with this season, at the root, is that I no longer like the character that Dexter has become. Now, he's always been self-centered to serve the Dark Passenger. I said it last week, but that's what I miss about the show. It was the essence of the show. Now Dexter is willing to use anyone for whatever purpose he deems fit. Deb is a tool to him right now. He doesn't seem to care about her at all. He's using her to hide Hannah, whom she hates. Hannah is a tool for him to find a "normal" life. Harrison is a cover for not being a bad guy. Jamie is raising his child for him and is apparently okay with that. Why is she there when he is? Is he completely incapable of caring for him? He's not an infant anymore. I really got nauseated when he used Rita as a cover for him slinking around with Hannah. I wasn't HUGE on Rita, but she deserves better than that from the man who helped cause her death and who is responsible for her child. At this point, Dexter is convinced that he is right, he is the only one who is right, and no one else matters as long as he's getting his way. So that's what it comes down to. I don't like Dexter right now and I can't see them doing anything to change that in the next three episodes.

At this point, all I can do is root for Deb, but she's just going to get burned again by Dexter's unwillingness to think of others.

Now for a slightly more detailed breakdown with moderated bitterness:
I agree with ocfan: Masuka is no longer Masuka. His daughter is a moron and has no purpose in the show.

Quinn needs to figure out who he is, but at least I didn't have to watch him have sex or fight with Jamie. That's all there is to their relationship, anyway.

Not sure where they're going with the Zack storyline. Seems like nowhere now that he's dead, but I guess his parents have at least noticed he's gone. Miami Metro wouldn't have even pulled that off.

I can understand why Deb thinks she doesn't belong on the squad (she forgot to add in "I'm a murderer" to the reasons), but she's obviously not happy unless she's a cop. It's who she is. Aside from Dexter, nothing else has really mattered to her.

Vogel obviously wasn't helping Saxon before, but it looks like she will be nurturing him from this point. I'm not sure how she can justify this to herself, though I suppose he was killing serial killers at times. Cassie sure didn't qualify, though. She wanted to take him to a facility before Dexter drugged her, but now it seems like she's going to just let him run loose. He'll kill lots of people, of course, and probably several of the main characters for some end-of-series shock value. The guy playing him isn't menacing enough for me to feel like he warrants "big bad" status. He's rather prissy and that doesn't inspire fear in me.

Dexter's idea of hiding is standing in plain sight in front of a giant window about 15 yards from the killer. Smooth. I can't imagine how he got caught.

The grand plan is to move to Argentina and act like a normal family? Okay, they can't be the Joneses. They're serial killers. Their neighbors won't be able to try to keep up with the Joneses beucase the Joneses will kill them. Add into that the fact that they would be uprooting Harrison from the only family he really knows in Jamie, it's the most deluded, child-running-away-from-home nonsense plan ever devised.

Are there no roads that lead out of Miami? Do they just run in a big circle endlessly not allowing you to leave? Is it actually an island in the middle of the Atlantic that boats can't dock on? If not, why is Dexter having so much damn trouble finding somewhere else to hide someone that only a couple of people appear to be looking for? Instead he decides the only option is for her to bunk with his sister, whom Hannah tried to kill.

Geez, writing all of that out makes it sound even worse. The show doesn't even make sense anymore.

I'm out. Ready for the show to finish its fizzle-out. I can tough out three more episodes of it, but I definitely won't be shedding tears at the end.

Icon by Court