Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2012, 07:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny's Dimple (View Post)
It's a good song. David's voice.
I listened to it, I like it. And listened to a few covers too and I actually like those more.

David can make his own little twist to it and I think he could rock it, for sure!
Old 04-05-2012, 08:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Spirit (View Post)
I listened to it, I like it. And listened to a few covers too and I actually like those more.

David can make his own little twist to it and I think he could rock it, for sure!
Please let him do it. My creys.

Icon Credit: my beating heart
Old 04-06-2012, 05:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Please let him do it. My creys.
Maybe he will! Seems like a popular enough song and David could surprise us.

I'd love for David to cover another Radiohead song, maybe '4 Minute Warning'. Not sure it's David's style but he can make it work.

Old 04-07-2012, 03:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

I hope he does.

I like that song.

Old 04-07-2012, 03:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

You do? Glad you like it! It's one of my favorites from Radiohead. It's a bit of a softer/slower paced song so I can see David singing it acoustically.
Old 04-07-2012, 04:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

Do it David.

Old 04-07-2012, 04:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

We have to wait and see what else he does! He did 'Rolling In The Deep' from Adele which I didn't expect so anything is possible.
Old 04-07-2012, 04:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

Aww. His cover version was great.

Old 04-07-2012, 05:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

I agree. How about a re-watch then?

Old 04-29-2012, 01:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Thanks for this link. I love the banter in the beginning. 'Yeah, you' and 'I'm going to call you plaid shirt.'. Great on Plaid Shirt on choosing Zeppelin!

Also, loving David's laugh @:07 mark. That needs to be giffed, asap.

Onto the song/performance, David and the band did a great job. Lots of energetic, it's really a rockin' song so you can't go wrong with it. Would love to see that live!
I love the banter because David was being so sassy. Too funny. When was that laugh again? I don't think I saw one at that mark and I don't have time to check it.

I love that they did this song! It's an awesome, good old rock and roll song, and David and the guys rocked the **** out of it. Hot stuff.

Quote:
It's been awhile since your last post. What has David covered since then? I need a refresher as I can't remember. I know he didn't do 'Dancing In The Dark' though, as awesome as it would have been.
Okay, since November 28 (when I posted my latest post about the covers on tour ) they have performed Dogman by King's X and Eight Days A Week by The Beatles, plus of course Bitch by Meredith Brooks as you know. And To Be With You by Mr. Big in Orlando in March and now Led Zeppelin's Whole Lotta Love partially at the last two shows.

And yeah, sadly he never performed Dancing in the Dark. I wonder if it leaking to the interener "ruined" it for him.

Quote:
That Christina Perri song is really good, I can see David really transforming that into his own.

Would you want him to speed it up a bit or keep that same pace? Would benice to see David giving it that rocker edge.

I'm listening to Joshua's version of that song right now, I don't think I caught that one the first time around. Amazing voice.
He could definitely make it work for him, he does so well with angsty stuff like this and as we know, he rocks girls' songs. I don't even care how he performed it, sped up with a rocker edge or like the original. His voice always makes everything special.

Even though it was just a small snipper of Joshua's performance on AI, I was still pretty impressed. He does have an amazing voice for sure.

Quote:
If he covered 'Stereo Hearts' by GCH, I would be dead.
Aw, I'm sure he'd do a great job with that chorus. I don't know how they'd handle the rap parts though. But this type of thing, a guest vocalist on a rap song is actually my secret dream for David. Maybe something more rocking though.

Quote:
I'd love for David to cover another Radiohead song, maybe '4 Minute Warning'. Not sure it's David's style but he can make it work.
I could definitely see him do this one acoustically too. But you've made me want to hear him do My Iron Lung now. If he's gonna be singing Radiohead, he should choose that one. (You should totally post the song/video in this thread too. )

Aww, Rolling in the Deep was so amazing! I may have to give it a spin before I go to bed.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cereal Killer (View Post)
When was that laugh again? I don't think I saw one at that mark and I don't have time to check it.
Oops, sorry. I looked back and I seemed to have typed out '@:07' which is obviously a typo. It was around the 2:06 mark. Here, I've giffed it.

Quote:
I love that they did this song! It's an awesome, good old rock and roll song, and David and the guys rocked the **** out of it. Hot stuff.
I do love it when they cover classic rock songs like this, they just never ever get old.

Quote:
Okay, since November 28 (when I posted my latest post about the covers on tour ) they have performed Dogman by King's X and Eight Days A Week by The Beatles, plus of course Bitch by Meredith Brooks as you know. And To Be With You by Mr. Big in Orlando in March and now Led Zeppelin's Whole Lotta Love partially at the last two shows.

And yeah, sadly he never performed Dancing in the Dark. I wonder if it leaking to the interener "ruined" it for him.
So many great performances. Which one was your favorite out of the lot? 'To Be With You' was pretty special.

As sad as it that we can't hear David do 'Dancing In The Dark', I can't be too sad. So many covers already! And maybe there's hope we'll still be able to hear do that Springsteen song.

Quote:
I don't even care how he performed it, sped up with a rocker edge or like the original. His voice always makes everything special.
He can rock girls songs. I mean, if Adele and Mariah didn't prove it already, his recent performance of 'Bitch' sealed the deal. And so true, he can really just sing it straight and I'd still love it.

Quote:
But you've made me want to hear him do My Iron Lung now. If he's gonna be singing Radiohead, he should choose that one. (You should totally post the song/video in this thread too. )
Here it is! I'm glad you agree with me about wanting David to do this. Imagine David and the gang really pounding on the guitar when the songs hits that 2 minute mark. So much energy.

David would be perfection with the vocals, as always, of course. He can bring his own David spin to the song.

Quote:
Aww, Rolling in the Deep was so amazing! I may have to give it a spin before I go to bed.
Happy listening! Out of all the Adele songs, I'm glad he did this one. Still hoping to hear him perform this again in a quieter setting with really impeccable audio.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:13 AM
Elite Fan

Radiohead

I would like to see him perform some Mumford and Sons song. After the Storm or WHite Blank Page if possible.
Also... Placebo!!! Anything really.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

We know David rocked the Radiohead songs he did cover, he should try out a few more.

Great band choices! I love Mumford & Sons and Placebo has some great songs.
Old 05-06-2012, 09:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Oops, sorry. I looked back and I seemed to have typed out '@:07' which is obviously a typo. It was around the 2:06 mark. Here, I've giffed it.

http://i.imgur.com/JMXzn.gif
Aww, that was an adorable moment, the smile! Love the gif, thanks for making it! *right-clicks and saves*

Quote:
I do love it when they cover classic rock songs like this, they just never ever get old.
They never do. Those classics have stood the test of time and David always does them justice.

Quote:
So many great performances. Which one was your favorite out of the lot? 'To Be With You' was pretty special.
That one was awesome. I'm still kinda crazy about Bitch though. xD

Quote:
As sad as it that we can't hear David do 'Dancing In The Dark', I can't be too sad. So many covers already! And maybe there's hope we'll still be able to hear do that Springsteen song.
You're right, he's been spoiling us with so many awesome covers. But I do hope he brings out Dancing in the Dark some day. Or any Springsteen song, really.

Quote:
He can rock girls songs. I mean, if Adele and Mariah didn't prove it already, his recent performance of 'Bitch' sealed the deal. And so true, he can really just sing it straight and I'd still love it.
Yeah, it's been scientifically proved now. xD Seriously, it speaks volumes about his talent that he can so effortlessly rock all these different songs, no matter who the original artist is.

Quote:
Here it is! I'm glad you agree with me about wanting David to do this. Imagine David and the gang really pounding on the guitar when the songs hits that 2 minute mark. So much energy.

David would be perfection with the vocals, as always, of course. He can bring his own David spin to the song.
Thanks for posting this! I am imagining them rocking the guitars, damn. This would be another stellar cover for David, I'm sure of it.

Quote:
Happy listening! Out of all the Adele songs, I'm glad he did this one. Still hoping to hear him perform this again in a quieter setting with really impeccable audio.
Have you seen this video? David Cook Covers Adele's "Rolling In The Deep" HQ - YouTube
It's from the radio station and the quality is excellent. My mp3 is from that video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugi (View Post)
Radiohead

I would like to see him perform some Mumford and Sons song. After the Storm or WHite Blank Page if possible.
Also... Placebo!!! Anything really.
I haven't listened to Mumford and Sons, I'll have to check out those songs. I know some songs from Placebo, they're pretty good. The singer has a very uniue voice so it'd be interesting to hear David's take on their songs.

I have a few ideas for songs that David could cover, I'll post them soon when I have more time to look for the videos.
Old 05-07-2012, 03:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cereal Killer (View Post)
Aww, that was an adorable moment, the smile! Love the gif, thanks for making it! *right-clicks and saves*
Welcome, you gotta love that laugh. I apologize for the quality and size of the gif but hopefully t's better than nothing.

Quote:
That one was awesome. I'm still kinda crazy about Bitch though. xD
Did you ever expect David to sing that song? He did great and maybe he'll do a full version one day if there are enough requests, lol.

Quote:
You're right, he's been spoiling us with so many awesome covers. But I do hope he brings out Dancing in the Dark some day. Or any Springsteen song, really.
You can never go wrong with Springsteen. Would be greats for him to cover something update/rocking' and then one that is a little more subdued.

Quote:
Yeah, it's been scientifically proved now. xD Seriously, it speaks volumes about his talent that he can so effortlessly rock all these different songs, no matter who the original artist is.
Quote:
They never do. Those classics have stood the test of time and David always does them justice.
I love what you said in both of these. Too true, too true. To the first bit? He can probably rock a children lullaby and transform it, there are no limits.

Quote:
Thanks for posting this! I am imagining them rocking the guitars, damn. This would be another stellar cover for David, I'm sure of it.
No probs, glad you agree with song. I forgot to add the song to the OP last time, so I've added it now.

Quote:
Have you seen this video? David Cook Covers Adele's "Rolling In The Deep" HQ - YouTube
It's from the radio station and the quality is excellent. My mp3 is from that video.
I don't think I have, actually. At least it's not the one I've been watching. I'm saving this video, asap, the audio quality is excellent! Neal and Kyle.