Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2011, 01:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Glad you like those suggestions. David can rock anything really, as he proved since AI.
Yes, he literally can and I love it.

Quote:
I saw that in the other thread! I can't even guess right now. I love some 90's songs but their names are escaping me at the moment.

How about we look up some 90's hits and make some guesses?
Well, we now know they have done NIN. That Billy Joel cover is not 90's though, I think it's from the 70's.

Quote:
When he's done with the 90's he can always move up a decade. =)
Let's hope so.

I'm really looking forward to the Springsteen cover.
Old 10-25-2011, 01:29 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Sorry about the double post but...

DAVID SOUNDCHECKED WHITESNAKE'S "HERE I GO AGAIN" IN SAN DIEGO LAST NIGHT.

That is seriously MY ULTIMATE DREAM SONG for him to cover, I'm not even kidding I WOULD DIE if I ever heard him sing it. He has to perform it on this tour! HAS TO. DAVE, DON'T FAIL ME, I'M COUNTING ON YOU.
Old 10-25-2011, 07:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

Oh, very cool to hear Laura. Let's hope David plays it on tour! It's an awesome song, that's for sure.
Old 10-25-2011, 07:20 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm crossing all my fingers and toes! I need this cover in my life, not even kidding. Gosh, it will be so mind-blowing when he does, I already know.
Old 10-26-2011, 12:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

Hopefully it happens! Crossing my fingers and toes.

I'm listening to the original song right now and love it. I can imagine David singing it.
Old 10-31-2011, 04:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It would be PERFECT for him. I really can't wait to hear it, this is the one song he HAS to do.

The selection of covers/possible covers on this tour has been impressive, I have to say. Of course The Hand That Feeds by NIN and Stockholm Syndrome by Muse they already did (I swear I will catch up on the tour and post all the good vids of that song eventually ). I love Muse and that song was a great choice (although surprisingly no one ever suggested it here, although Muse has been brought up a couple of times ).

They've also been soundchecking some crazy good ones, and it remains to be seen if they actually perform them at actual shows. Of course Dancing in the Dark by Springsteen which is a serious mind blow waiting to happen.

Plus there's been Creep by Radiohead (a reprise of the Axium version would be to die for!), In The Air Tonight by Phil Collins, Slow Ride by Foghat and at the latest show in Austin they soundchecked Everybody Wants To Rule the World by Tears For Fears (I love that song! ) and were apparently "noodling with" Whole Lotta Love AND Rock And Roll by Led Zeppelin. Um yeah, been dreaming of that one for a while.

He also soundchecked a mystery song without a guitar and asked fans who where there not to leak it (he apparently checked for cameras and phones before it) "threatening future soundchecks of TOML x4 only".

Damn, reading all these teasers just makes me anxious, he'd better perform these all at some point on this tour.
Old 11-01-2011, 03:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

I don't know much about Muse or their songs, if I did I'm sure I would have suggested more of them.

David did wonderful with both 'Stockholm Syndrome' and 'The Hand That Feeds'. Especially 'The Hand That Feeds'.

When they soundcheck songs, what does that mean? They are preparing to play them on tour or checking if it's a song they want to play? Has anyone heard of these versions being soundhecked? Because I'd really love to hear his version of those Led Zeppelin sings and all those other songs you mentioned.
Old 11-01-2011, 09:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

We can still come up with more Muse songs if we want to.

And I have to agree, both of those songs are some of the best covers he's done IMO.

Quote:
When they soundcheck songs, what does that mean? They are preparing to play them on tour or checking if it's a song they want to play? Has anyone heard of these versions being soundhecked? Because I'd really love to hear his version of those Led Zeppelin sings and all those other songs you mentioned.
I was actually thinking about this right after my post. I guess it doesn't necessarily mean they're preparing to play them on tour, they could just be trying them out or using them as something to soundcheck with, you know? It's hard to tell when you're not there to hear it, is it something they've obviously practiced together or are they just "noodling with" it.

And yes, those songs I posted have been heard by the people attending the shows, that's how we know about them. There's an audience at the VIP soundchecks (people who bought the VIP passes). They also soundcheck some songs "privately", meaning without an actual audience but I guess people can still hear it from the outside of the venue (depending on the venue).

Anyway, they DID play Rock And Roll by Led Zeppelin (with a brief Whole Lotta Love tease) at the show last night! Really can't wait to see the videos! So, I think it's possible they will eventually play the songs, or at least some of them, that they have soundchecked.
Old 11-08-2011, 01:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the info, Laura. It's makes sense that they're testing the waters with various songs.

The people who attend shows and are able to hear all these soundchecks are lucky!

So how does David's 'Muse' cover, his 'Nine Inch Nails' cover compare to the most recent 'White Snake' cover. I adore the performance, by the way. :way:

I still need to listen to David's 'Rock And Roll' by Led Zeppelin cover.
Old 11-28-2011, 01:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Sorry about the late response. But yeah, it makes sense to test the waters.

And I agree, they are very lucky to hear the songs before the general public does when the guys play them at actual shows. Like for example the people who heard the Springsteen song. David still hasn't played that one (I really hope someone leaking it didn't make him change his mind about it ).

Quote:
So how does David's 'Muse' cover, his 'Nine Inch Nails' cover compare to the most recent 'White Snake' cover. I adore the performance, by the way. :way:
They are all amazing. I adore his "Here I Go Again" and "The Hand That Feeds" is one of my top favorite covers on this tour. I finally got around to listening to the Muse cover properly and it was awesome! And of course I'm totally digging "Rock And Roll". I think those all are my top faves.

Quote:
I still need to listen to David's 'Rock And Roll' by Led Zeppelin cover.
This is not the first performance but a really good one: David Cook - Banter with Plaid Shirt + Rock and Roll cover (Cleveland) - YouTube
I swear I will post all the good videos of it eventually.

---

So, as mentioned I was watching the vids of "Stockholm Syndrome" and David said they did that cover because they got bored of the other covers they had been doing up to that point. So I was wondering that how long it will be until they "get bored" again and introduce a new cover. I mean, there hasn't been a new one since HIGA in the beginning of November. Ok, I admit I'm getting greedy. But I am curious as to whether they will play any of those songs they have soundchecked (mentioned in post #81). I don't think there have been reports of them soundchecking anything new lately. Plus of course the mystery song David asked not to be leaked "threatening future soundchecks of TOML x4 only" is yet to be revealed. And I'm holding my breath for "Dancing in the Dark".
Old 04-01-2012, 01:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Just wanted to post this here before I forget.

I would love to hear David's take on Christina Perri's "Jar of Hearts". I think he could do really awesomely with it because he always rocks girl songs.

(I admit, I got the idea from this year's AI where I think it was Joshua Ledet who performed it on Hollywood week, the same guy who David gave a shout out on twitter to. )
Old 04-02-2012, 03:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

And I'm even more sorry for the late response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cereal Killer (View Post)
This is not the first performance but a really good one: David Cook - Banter with Plaid Shirt + Rock and Roll cover (Cleveland) - YouTube
I swear I will post all the good videos of it eventually.
Thanks for this link. I love the banter in the beginning. 'Yeah, you' and 'I'm going to call you plaid shirt.'. Great on Plaid Shirt on choosing Zeppelin!

Also, loving David's laugh @:07 mark. That needs to be giffed, asap.

Onto the song/performance, David and the band did a great job. Lots of energetic, it's really a rockin' song so you can't go wrong with it. Would love to see that live!

Quote:
So, as mentioned I was watching the vids of "Stockholm Syndrome" and David said they did that cover because they got bored of the other covers they had been doing up to that point. So I was wondering that how long it will be until they "get bored" again and introduce a new cover. I mean, there hasn't been a new one since HIGA in the beginning of November. Ok, I admit I'm getting greedy. But I am curious as to whether they will play any of those songs they have soundchecked (mentioned in post #81). I don't think there have been reports of them soundchecking anything new lately. Plus of course the mystery song David asked not to be leaked "threatening future soundchecks of TOML x4 only" is yet to be revealed. And I'm holding my breath for "Dancing in the Dark".
It's been awhile since your last post. What has David covered since then? I need a refresher as I can't remember. I know he didn't do 'Dancing In The Dark' though, as awesome as it would have been.

Quote:
Just wanted to post this here before I forget.

I would love to hear David's take on Christina Perri's "Jar of Hearts". I think he could do really awesomely with it because he always rocks girl songs.

(I admit, I got the idea from this year's AI where I think it was Joshua Ledet who performed it on Hollywood week, the same guy who David gave a shout out on twitter to. )
That Christina Perri song is really good, I can see David really transforming that into his own.

Would you want him to speed it up a bit or keep that same pace? Would benice to see David giving it that rocker edge.

I'm listening to Joshua's version of that song right now, I don't think I caught that one the first time around. Amazing voice.
Old 04-03-2012, 01:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

If he covered 'Stereo Hearts' by GCH, I would be dead.

Icon Credit: my beating heart
Old 04-04-2012, 07:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny's Dimple (View Post)
If he covered 'Stereo Hearts' by GCH, I would be dead.
I'm going to have to check out that song, Dimple! I don't think I know that song.
Old 04-05-2012, 04:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Spirit (View Post)
I'm going to have to check out that song, Dimple! I don't think I know that song.
It's a good song. David's voice.

Icon Credit: my beating heart