Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2022, 05:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh. Here's more sad news: Bold & Beautiful’s Sean Kanan Says a Heartbreaking Goodbye to Someone Who ‘Was a Light and An Inspiration’

This is never an easy way to end a year.

Over the course of his career, Sean Kanan has played many characters, from villainous karate teen Mike Barns in The Karate Kid III to General Hospital‘s fallen golden boy A.J. Quartermaine and The Bold & Beautiful‘s bad-boy Deacon. But in the past decade or so, he’s also tackled a completely new role: that of a writer.

In 2019, he joined with entrepreneur and motivational speaker Jill Liberman to co-author and publish Success Factor X. They worked together interviewing business moguls, media icons and even award-winning actors to get advice on success. And after the book was published, they gave interviews and toured the country together.

So it’s no wonder that the two weren’t just business partners, but friends. But now Kanan’s shared the sad news that Liberman has passed away.

The actor took to Twitter to share the news, and his feelings, writing, “Truly saddened to learn that my friend and writing partner Jill Liberman passed away,” he wrote. “She was a light and an inspiration. Wishing her family strength and peace.”

Though we still have yet to get many details about what happened or when exactly she passed, the fans didn’t waste any time in reaching out to offer their thoughts, prayers and condolences.

We at Soaps.com would like to offer the same, both to Kanan, Liberman’s friends and family, and all those she touched in her career as she strove to help and motivate people to do great things. We’re so sorry for their loss.

https://soaps.sheknows.com/the-bold-...o-author-dead/

I wish Liberman's family well in this tough time.

Do you know if Michael Damien has returned on ''The Young & the Restless'' yet?
canflam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2022, 07:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

RIP Sonya Eddy
Sandy0401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2022, 11:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

Omg Rip Sonya!
Old 12-28-2022, 03:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Sonya Eddy, star of ‘General Hospital,’ dead at 55

Sonya Eddy, a veteran actress best known for her performance as nurse Epiphany Johnson on the soap opera “General Hospital,” has died, the show announced in a tribute post.

She was 55, her manager told CNN in an email.

“General Hospital” executive producer Frank Valentini said in a statement posted to the ABC soap’s verified Instagram account that he was “heartbroken about the loss.”

“I truly loved her, not only as an actress, but as a friend,” the post read. “The lights in the hub of the nurse’s station will now be a little dimmer, but her spirit and light will live on in both the show and our set.”

No information on the cause of her death was shared.

Eddy had appeared in several TV shows since the mid-’90s, with credits including “Murphy Brown,” “Seinfeld,” “ER,” “Felicity,” “Fresh Off the Boat” and “Pen15.”

She also played small parts in various films over the years, including in “Patch Adams,” “Matchstick Men” and “V/H/S/99.”

Eddy began her time on “General Hospital” in 2006, appearing in nearly 550 episodes of the long-running soap.

Actress Octavia Spencer posted a tribute to Eddy on Tuesday.

“The world lost another creative angel. Her legions of @generalhospitalabc fans will miss her,” Spencer wrote in her Instagram post. “My thoughts and prayers are with her loved ones, friends, and fans!”

https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/20/enter...ead/index.html
Old 12-29-2022, 11:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

So sad
Old 12-29-2022, 11:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I was not watching "General Hospital" on 2006, but I hope to find episodes with her on them to see what her character was like. May she rest in peace.

Last edited by canflam; 01-08-2023 at 09:42 AM
Old 01-01-2023, 02:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I haven't seen GH in a long long long time...lol

thanks for the news Matt...kind of sad for soap fans
Make Them Laugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2023, 09:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I started watching "General Hospital" again recently. There have been plenty of new faces on there if ones have not watched ot for a while.
Old 01-07-2023, 02:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The following is from late last month, but am curious if any of you have thoughts on it:

Marcus Coloma shares a heartfelt message with his General Hospital fans

General Hospital fans hit with two blows within 24 hours

The General Hospital alleged curse continues to plague the soap although the action on screen has become more intense and viewers are really invested in current storylines. Still, it has been difficult to hear bad news related to the cast every month since October 2021 when Ingo Rademacher (Jasper Jax)and Steve Burton (Jason Morgan) were fired. Each month in 2022 there has been an actor or two on the ABC soap dealing with Covid or other health issues like hip and knee replacement surgery.

There was also the tragic death of Harrison Wagoner the son of Kirstina Wagoner (Felicia Scorpio) and Jack Wagner (ex-Frisco Jones). GH viewers have now been hit with two blows within 24 hours with the death of Sonia Eddy (Epiphany Johnson) and the news that Marcus Coloma (Nikolas Cassadine) had been fired.

Marcus Coloma sends love to his fans

The actor was reported to have refused to tape his final GH scenes once he found out he had lost his job. Soaps in depth is reporting that Coloma has now reached out to his loyal followers on Instagram with the following message.

“It’s hard to even say it,” “I get so sad when I think about it. I don’t know what I can or can’t say other than what an incredible ride. There’s such a family feel at GH, which I felt so blessed to be a part of. “And I’ve said this a million times,” he added, “the fans are the best fans in the entire world and I think a lot of that is just because you guys have been watching for such a long time. So thank you for including me, thank you for the love. Much love.”

General Hospital viewers are waiting to hear whether or not the role of Nikolas will be recast and hoping the character will not be killed off so stay tuned.

https://original.newsbreak.com/@cher...-hospital-fans

I did not know about ''General Hospital'' having a ''curse''. Interesting. I wish Marcus Coloma well.
Old 01-08-2023, 07:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for posting. I wonder how he will leave.
Old 01-11-2023, 03:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You're welcome. Here's more news on him: Marcus Coloma Did Not Film Final ‘General Hospital’ Scenes “Due To Health Issues”

Marcus Coloma confirmed his exit from General Hospital after three years of portraying Nikolas Cassadine. His departure came with the news that the actor was not able to film his final scenes. Colomo’s final appearance is due at the end of January.

Deadline has now learned that Coloma and ABC came to an agreement “that he should not film the remaining few days of the year” following “health issues with his recent Covid exposure” that had kept him away from the soap set recently.

A spokesperson for the actor also rebutted rumors that Coloma was fired and walked off the set refusing to film his final scenes. Coloma signed a three-year contract back in 2019 with the network, which was fulfilled this year.

In a letter addressed to friends and fans, Coloma shared in a statement how grateful he is to the General Hospital fanbase that have supported him throughout his journey on the soap.

“I was immediately taken with the family feel of the ensemble cast,” said Coloma. “And I fell in love with the extremely passionate fanbase. Their outpouring of love and excitement, week after week has been unlike anything I’ve ever experienced before. I will always be grateful for their kindness and support.”

Read the full letter from the actor’s spokesperson below:

Dear Friends and Fans of Marcus Coloma,

As mentioned in a statement provided by ABC, we wanted to confirm that Marcus “will no longer be playing the role of Nikolas Cassadine. His last airdate will be at the end of January.” Marcus has wrapped his 3-year contract with General Hospital and has thoroughly enjoyed working on the show with such a talented group of actors, writers, producers and directors. Unfortunately, due to health issues with his recent Covid exposure, the network graciously agreed that he should not film the remaining few days of the year.

Marcus has been thrilled to bring nearly 300 episodes of the iconic and complicated character of Nikolas back to life. “I was immediately taken with the family feel of the ensemble cast,” said Coloma. “And I fell in love with the extremely passionate fanbase. Their outpouring of love and excitement, week after week has been unlike anything I’ve ever experienced before. I will always be grateful for their kindness and support.”

https://deadline.com/2022/12/marcus-...es-1235207447/
Old 01-15-2023, 12:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

I won’t lie kinda upset I was enjoying him as Nik and having Nik back on.
Old 01-19-2023, 10:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

Maybe they will recast Nik on GH again.
Old 01-28-2023, 05:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Did you know that Camelia Somers is going to be on ''The Bold & the Beautiful'? She is She is granddaughter of Suzanne Somers.
Old 01-31-2023, 10:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

Quote:
Originally Posted by quin0611 (View Post)
Maybe they will recast Nik on GH again.
It looks like they did
Reply   Post New Thread