Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2023, 04:38 PM
I am a basketball genius!

You mean ''she'' died. Yes it is quite sad she is beloved. Here is some brighter news: ‘Days Of Our Lives’ Star Deidre Hall Celebrates 5,000 Episodes, Making Her Soap’s Longest-Running Actress

She’s been possessed by the devil, proxy murdered by the Salem Stalker, and served as a psychiatrist probing dark secrets.

But most of all, actress Deidre Hall has been a survivor, spending almost five decades as Dr. Marlena Evans on daytime drama “Days of Our Lives.” The fan favorite had a milestone to celebrate Friday, appearing in her 5,000th episode. That makes her the longest-running soap actress ever.

In the May 12 episode that marked the magic number, Evans and husband John Black (Drake Hogestyn) are seen at dinner, allegedly celebrating the good doctor’s 5,000th patient.

“I would like to propose a toast,” John Black tells his wife. “To you, doc. What an incredible career you’ve had and continue to have. You’ve provided so much care and comfort to people in need. And through your hard work and determination, your dignity, your style, your grace—the most important thing—your loving heart.

“You have made an indelible mark on not only this town but the entire world,” John Black adds, raising a glass. “So, here’s to you, Dr. Marlena Evans. You are a true legend.”

With that, he kisses his imaginary wife. She quips, “Maybe 5,000 isn’t such a crazy number at all.”

The show also saluted the 47 years of appearances with flashbacks to some of her special moments on the show. That included her first appearance in June 1976.

Hall spoke to KTLA reporter Sam Rubin about her 5,000 shows.

“It’s always my first day when you start to get a 13-week contract, and then I kept thinking, ‘Oh, maybe I’ll get more than 13 weeks, maybe they’ll like me a little bit,’” she said to Rubin.

https://deadline.com/2023/05/days-of...5667/#comments
canflam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2023, 03:27 PM
Elite Fan

That's awesome. Congrats to her!

Very sad about Jackie Zeman though. RIP to a true soap legend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canflam (View Post)
Thad Luckinbill will be debuting on "The Young & the Restless" this week as "J.T. Hellstrom".
He's back?!? Is it more than just an appearance or two? Anyone know?
Old 05-20-2023, 03:37 PM

I have not watched that soap with him on it yet.
Old 05-21-2023, 08:27 PM
Elite Fan

I thought JT died but apparently he had already returned since his "death" before this.
Old 05-23-2023, 03:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

Didn’t Victoria kill him when he was abusing her? It was a whole story. Unless I’m missing a gap for the after affects.

Icon by Fiona
Sandy0401 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 05:51 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah apparently he came back, alive, after that. He continued tormenting Victoria until it was discovered he had a brain tumor which was the supposed reason he was acting like an abusive a-hole . He's been in jail for everything since. I don't know if I missed anything since I didn't watch that and only looked it all up.
Old 05-27-2023, 03:21 PM

Thanks for explaining that.
Old 06-19-2023, 07:51 PM

Thanks for that link.
Old 07-13-2023, 07:45 PM

Andrea Evans has died from breast cancer. She was 66.
Old 07-29-2023, 09:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

General Hospital’s Tabyana Ali Releases New Children’s Book ‘My Super B’ Available Now
Here's a link, https://michaelfairmantv.com/general...ow/2023/07/29/
Shipper Of: Holly J Sinclair and Declan Coyne, Degrassi's Power Couple, Sean Cameron and Emma Nelson, JT and Liberty, Drew and Bianca, Miles and Maya, Rob and Kristen Maddie and Wes, Riley and Lucas, Josh and Maya and Chuck and Blair, Jesse McKenna and Becca Thatcher and Simone and Eric Daniel and Noa, Max and Liz, Nikolas and Gia, Monse and Cesar and Ariana and Pete, Josh and Donna and Spencer and Trina, Miles and Lola
Holland Fan Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2023, 06:36 PM

Thanks.
Old 08-30-2023, 04:32 PM

Hi guys. Plenty of news this week.

Kassie DePaiva to Reprise Blair Cramer from ‘One Life to Live’ on ‘General Hospital’

Daytime soap star Kassie DePaiva will bring her One Life to Live character, Blair Cramer, back to life in a brief stint on General Hospital. DePavia’s appearance is slated to begin in September, an ABC rep confirmed to TV Line.

This isn’t the first time DePaiva or her character has made an appearance on GH. Just two months after One Life to Live came to an end in March 2022, the actress brought Blair to the show in a multi-month crossover event that also saw series lead Roger Howarth return as Todd Manning. Howarth has been starring in General Hospital for over a decade in several different roles, including his first role as Franco Baldwin and his most recent character, Austin Gatlin-Holt.

Previously in August, DePaiva, who recently returned to Days of Our Lives as Eve Donovan, touched on the possibility of a return to General Hospital and reunion with Howarth, telling Soap Opera Digest that she would be happy to return to the soap as Blair.

“There’s a lot of history there, a lot of time, a lot of water under that bridge,” she said before stating, “But I guess Todd is not Todd, right? So if I was to go back on that show, he probably wouldn’t recognize me. But I could go, ‘You’re hot. You look like somebody I used to know.'”

General Hospital also welcomed ABC soap alum Walt Willey back with open arms as he reprised his role as All My Children‘s Jackson Montgomery for three episodes. He is slated to return to the show this week for a new arc. “So excited to reprise my character and see and work with old friends,” he said when it was initially announced. “I’ll keep you posted on any details. ‘Jackson’ in Port Charles…who would have thought it? Let me, and ABC, know what you think about it!”

https://www.tvinsider.com/1103624/ge...-life-to-live/

Michael Damian Back To Y&R!

Michael Damian, who has played Y&R’s rocker Danny Romalotti on and off since 1980, will once again return to Genoa City for a multi-episode arc starting on September 28. With an in-demand career as a director and producer (he just wrapped PARIS CHRISTMAS WALTZ in Paris, which will air during the holiday season, and IRISH WISH, his second film with Lindsay Lohan, ex-Alli, ANOTHER WORLD, set to premiere in 2024), Damian was able to fit the daytime reprisal into his busy schedule. “As long as I’m not out of the country working on another movie, I can make Y&R happen,” Damian told Digest in March, which was his last appearance on the soap.

https://www.soapoperadigest.com/cont...an-back-to-yr/
Old 09-06-2023, 05:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Saving our Daughters Announce ABC Network Specials with Tabyana Ali!
Here's the link, https://www.soapoperanews.net/2023/0...ZCN8xEJz_A-dvI
Shipper Of: Holly J Sinclair and Declan Coyne, Degrassi's Power Couple, Sean Cameron and Emma Nelson, JT and Liberty, Drew and Bianca, Miles and Maya, Rob and Kristen Maddie and Wes, Riley and Lucas, Josh and Maya and Chuck and Blair, Jesse McKenna and Becca Thatcher and Simone and Eric Daniel and Noa, Max and Liz, Nikolas and Gia, Monse and Cesar and Ariana and Pete, Josh and Donna and Spencer and Trina, Miles and Lola
Holland Fan Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2023, 05:57 PM

Thanks.
Reply   Post New Thread