Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2015, 01:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Lucky Spencer|Jonathan Jackson #12: "He is not just a fine actor...he's an artist [working] from truth to truth like a painter to produce his vision."

#12;

JONATHAN JACKSON | LUCKY SPENCER
appreciation thread

""Human beings are c o m p l e x and that is what I try to bring to the roles that I play."

• • •

Welcome to the thread where we celebrate all things Lucky Spencer/JJ! Jonathan Jackson is the four-time Emmy winner who originated the role of Lucky Spencer, iconic first-born son of Luke and Laura. He started in 1993 and played him until 1999, then returned in 2009 after ten years. Jonathan is a very talented actor and musician, part of his band Enation. He currently stars in ABCs primetime show Nashville. This is the place to celebrate him in his current projects and on GH as Lucky!

• • •

supporters
01. Cristofle (Liz)
02. PiCkLeS4dAwSoN (Anji)
03. chadfreak (Samia)
04. Liliya
05. Laurababora (Laura)
06. - Nina -
07. deep within me
08. toxicgurl169
09. mmmbacon
10. lasha4god
11. Ellie Cameron
12. angel_wings05
13. Mich (Michelle)
14. Carie M.
15. Static Waves (Tammi)
16. DreamOn777
17. butterfly_girl
18. DJNS
19. Shu
20. Ophelia_Grace
21. Calgaryfan2006
22. Undeniable
23. CheEsecAKe&BRUCAS
24. tvgirl94
25. Katoushka
26. *PassionateJ*
27. lovely_elizabeth
28. Cathangel
29. PurplexMoon
30. BreanBamonFan
31. baelfire24
32. Lexipedia

• • •

"I was 11 years old when I started in 1993. Being placed with Tony [Geary] and Genie [Francis]…it was just incredible. It was such a gift for me. I’ll carry their influence over me for the rest of my life. To the crew, to all the directors, and producers, and writers, hair and makeup and wardrobe…over the years, ‘General Hospital’ has been like a family to me and I’m so excited for everybody there to get to celebrate this incredible, incredible milestone."~Jonathan congrats to GH for 50 years

• • •

"Jonathan Jackson is the finest actor I have ever worked with. We trust each other explicitly and there is nothing we can’t reach together."~Tony Geary on Jonathan

"He is an exceptional talent...Jonathan in many ways is like my first baby. My experience with him is how I knew I was ready to be a mother.""~Genie Francis on Jonathan

"I loved the beginning years of Liz and Lucky. I loved that relationship and working with Jonathan [Jackson]... Jonathan is amazing on [Nashville], like he is on everything."~Becky Herbst on Jonathan

"I would say that it makes it more profound and deepens it because we have such a long and powerful history together both as friends and as colleagues and actors on the show. Since Jonathan was eleven, he was my first and only son. To have him back has been really a joy for me. It is like a prodigal son coming home."~Tony Geary on Jonathan

• • •

notable scenes as Lucky Spencer
Jonathan's first scenes as Lucky Spencer
First Emmy Win Submission
Second Emmy Win Submission
Third Emmy Win Submission PART 1
Third Emmy Win Submission PART 2
Lucky Finds Liz in the Park
Lucky and Liz Valentine's Day
Jonathan's Return in 2009
Emmy Submission - 2009 Christmas
Fourth Emmy Win - Lucky Confronts Nik and Liz Part 1
Fourth Emmy Win - Lucky Confronts Nik and Liz Part 2
Lucky Finds Out He's Aiden's Father
Jake's Death
Lucky Confronts Luke about drinking and hitting Jake
Lucky and Nikolas say goodbye
Lucky Leaves Port Charles

nominations and awards
1995 – Daytime Emmy Award: General Hospital (Won)
1995 – Soap Opera Digest Award: General Hospital (Won)
1995 – YoungStar Award: General Hospital (Won)
1996 – Daytime Emmy Award: General Hospital (Nominated)
1996 – Young Artist Award: General Hospital (Nominated)
1997 – YoungStar Award: Prisoner of Zenda, Inc (Nominated)
1997 – YoungStar Award: General Hospital (Won)
1997 – Daytime Emmy Award: General Hospital (Nominated)
1997 – Young Artist Award: General Hospital (Nominated)
1998 – Daytime Emmy Award: General Hospital (Won)
1998 – YoungStar Award: General Hospital (Won)
1999 – Daytime Emmy Award: General Hospital (Won)
1999 – Soap Opera Digest Award: General Hospital (Won)
1999 – Young Artist Award: General Hospital (Nominated)
1999 – YoungStar Award: General Hospital (Won)
1999 – YoungStar Award: The Deep End of the Ocean (Nominated)
2000 – YoungStar Award: General Hospital (Nominated)
2000 – Daytime Emmy Award: General Hospital (Nominated)
2000 – Young Hollywood Award: The Deep End of the Ocean (Won)
2000 – Brooklyn Film Festival: Crystal Clear (Won)
2000 – Brooklyn Film Festival: Crystal Clear (Won)
2005 – Saturn Award: Riding the Bullet (Nominated)
2010 – Daytime Emmy Award: General Hospital (Nominated)
2011 – Daytime Emmy Award: General Hospital (Won)
2012 – Daytime Emmy Award: General Hospital (Won)

future titles
"Justice can't only be for those who can take whatever they want. Maybe my badge levels the playing field for those who don't have any power."
"I was just going about my life, and Helena took me out of it...There are pieces of me I never got back."
"There's no fighting it – Jackson brings an entirely different dynamic to the role.”~EW
"Jackson's artless, all-boy portrayal is a breath of fresh air."~SOD
"Jackson's performance was seismic, full of fury and anguish, and a soul-wrenching complexity that left us breathless."~TVGUIDE
"Make no mistake about it: Jackson was more brilliant and memorable than any other leading man in soaps."
"JJ's work on GH was transcendent...He delivered such emotional depth to the life of Lucky that we the viewers cried right along with him."
"With acting and everything else, it's less a process of me trying to do something and more me getting out of the way to let what's real happen."

previous threads
01. The Original Cowboy
02. It was our "lucky" day when JJ came home
03. The prodigal son returns
04. JJ has his own Twitter now!
05. Dear Guza, we'd like more Lucky-in-glasses, please.
06. Even though JJ's gone, Lucky will always have our hearts in a permanent lock.
07. "Human beings are complex and that is what I try to bring to the roles that I play."
08. "When it comes to Lucky, it’s very visceral for me and very instinctive...it’s like a second skin almost."
#9: "Jackson's performance was seismic, full of fury and anguish, and a soul-wrenching complexity that left us breathless."~TVGUIDE
#10: "Make no mistake about it: Jackson was more brilliant and memorable than any other leading man in soaps."
#11: "When you are in a scene with [Jonathan], you don’t even know the cameras are there. You are transfixed."~Laura Wright

Last edited by f i r e p r o o f; 07-04-2015 at 02:40 PM
Old 02-16-2015, 02:59 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by f i r e p r o o f (View Post)
Yes, you got it right. She cheated on him twice and there's Lucky thread with all of us ranting about same thing, so you are not alone in this. We were/are still furious about how he's being treated like that. It was horrible to watch. I can't even pick which one is absolute worst, Jason the mobster, or Nik, Lucky's own brother, no less. Both were absolute worst.
The paternity lie was horrendous but IMO the Liz/Nik betrayal was the worst because didn't it send him spiralling back into his drinking problem?!
Old 02-16-2015, 03:05 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylebraxtonisthebest (View Post)
The paternity lie was horrendous but IMO the Liz/Nik betrayal was the worst because didn't it send him spiralling back into his drinking problem?!
Yeah, I know. It was horrible because Lucky really, really was in love with her and saw her as his world. And she did this to him with his brother of all people.
Old 02-16-2015, 03:08 PM
Master Fan

How did he react when he learnt he wasn't that kids father? wasn't it after that he begun dating Sam?
Old 02-16-2015, 03:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

oh the nik/liz betrayal is the worst. those two are literally the people lucky trusts most in the world

Quote:
How did he react when he learnt he wasn't that kids father? wasn't it after that he begun dating Sam?
for jake? jason was the one who actually told him, but liz and sam were there and it was pretty not good.
Old 02-16-2015, 03:11 PM
Master Fan

He was dating Sam and Sam was pissed when she found out that Jason and Liz didn't intend to tell Lucky the truth and I think they actually had galls to ask Sam to keep her mouth shut and keep this thing go away forever and let Lucky raise him as his own and they told her that this would destroy him if he knew and Sam didn't like it because she knew exactly how it felt to find out that her boyfriend knocked up another woman and it hurt her so deeply and she didn't want this to happen to Lucky for same reasons. So they got into fight and Lucky came in and heard the arguments and asked what was going on. Sam was like, no, I am going to do this, I am going to tell him right now. But then Jason jumped to tell him the truth.
Old 02-16-2015, 03:14 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by f i r e p r o o f (View Post)
Yeah, I know. It was horrible because Lucky really, really was in love with her and saw her as his world. And she did this to him with his brother of all people.
Didn't he like walk in on them and catch them together but they didn't know and then he started drinking again because of them.
Old 02-16-2015, 03:16 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Didn't he like walk in on them and catch them together but they didn't know and then he started drinking again because of them.
No, someone told Lucky about their affair and Lucky showed up at Liz's house to lash out at her for having affair with Nikolas and you should watch youtubes because he was so...in pain, so much pain, so much agony, he was just yelling, lashing out, putting them in their own places, let them have it.

And after that, that's when he started to drink.
Old 02-16-2015, 03:19 PM
Master Fan

Okay thanks for all the info it's so much better than reading a condensed recap version of events.

I love JJ but I also liked the Greg Vaughn version of Lucky that dated Sam.
Old 02-16-2015, 03:21 PM
Master Fan

That's how we feel. I love Greg!Lucky with Sam and JJ!Lucky with Liz. And you should check youtube when Lucky yells at Liz/Nik about their affair. DO IT. I think that's when JJ submitted for Emmy's.
Old 02-16-2015, 03:27 PM
Master Fan

I found this vid of the paternity secret getting exposed. I love the way Lucky defends Sam when Jason turned up and told her to stop.
Old 02-16-2015, 03:33 PM
Master Fan

Yes, I love that he did that because when Jason was with Liz, he treated Sam like sht and I was so pissed at him treating her like that. She was once love of his life, you know, and he was being horrible and I was so glad that Lucky stuck up for her. I mean Jason really hurt Sam badly and Sam had every rights to lash out and be a bitch but Jason and Liz acted like she was horrible or had no rights to say or behave this way.
Old 02-16-2015, 03:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

Eh I kinda wish JJ had been allowed to do that reveal as well lol. Greg's a bit too stiff for me always. But he and Kelly had great chem.
Old 02-16-2015, 03:36 PM
Master Fan

Greg was my first exposure to the Lucky character so naturally I was sad when he left the role. However I do believe of all 3 actors who played Lucky that JJ is, was and will always be the best.
Old 02-16-2015, 03:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

I grew to like Greg after the fiasco that was JY as Lucky. But once it hit the drug abuse stuff... I wasn't here for Greg anymore lol.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread