Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2014, 12:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Jonathan Jackson|Lucky Spencer #8: "When it comes to Lucky, it’s very visceral for me and very instinctive...it’s like a second skin almost."

#8;

JONATHAN JACKSON | LUCKY SPENCER
appreciation thread

""Human beings are c o m p l e x and that is what I try to bring to the roles that I play."

• • •

Welcome to the thread where we celebrate all things Lucky Spencer/JJ! Jonathan Jackson is the four-time Emmy winner who originated the role of Lucky Spencer, iconic first-born son of Luke and Laura. He started in 1993 and played him until 1999, then returned in 2009 after ten years. Jonathan is a very talented actor and musician, part of his band Enation. He currently stars in ABCs primetime show Nashville. This is the place to celebrate him in his current projects and on GH as Lucky!

• • •

supporters
01. Cristofle (Liz)
02. PiCkLeS4dAwSoN (Anji)
03. chadfreak (Samia)
04. Liliya
05. Laurababora (Laura)
06. - Nina -
07. deep within me
08. toxicgurl169
09. mmmbacon
10. lasha4god
11. Ellie Cameron
12. angel_wings05
13. Mich (Michelle)
14. Carie M.
15. Static Waves (Tammi)
16. DreamOn777
17. butterfly_girl
18. DJNS
19. Shu
20. Ophelia_Grace
21. Calgaryfan2006
22. Undeniable
23. CheEsecAKe&BRUCAS
24. tvgirl94
25. Katoushka
26. *PassionateJ*
27. lovely_elizabeth
28. Cathangel
29. PurplexMoon
30. BreanBamonFan
31. baelfire24

• • •

"I was 11 years old when I started in 1993. Being placed with Tony [Geary] and Genie [Francis]…it was just incredible. It was such a gift for me. I’ll carry their influence over me for the rest of my life. To the crew, to all the directors, and producers, and writers, hair and makeup and wardrobe…over the years, ‘General Hospital’ has been like a family to me and I’m so excited for everybody there to get to celebrate this incredible, incredible milestone."~Jonathan congrats to GH for 50 years

• • •

"Jonathan Jackson is the finest actor I have ever worked with. We trust each other explicitly and there is nothing we can’t reach together."~Tony Geary on Jonathan

"He is an exceptional talent...Jonathan in many ways is like my first baby. My experience with him is how I knew I was ready to be a mother.""~Genie Francis on Jonathan

"I loved the beginning years of Liz and Lucky. I loved that relationship and working with Jonathan [Jackson]... Jonathan is amazing on [Nashville], like he is on everything."~Becky Herbst on Jonathan

"I would say that it makes it more profound and deepens it because we have such a long and powerful history together both as friends and as colleagues and actors on the show. Since Jonathan was eleven, he was my first and only son. To have him back has been really a joy for me. It is like a prodigal son coming home."~Tony Geary on Jonathan

• • •

notable scenes as Lucky Spencer
Jonathan's first scenes as Lucky Spencer
First Emmy Win Submission
Second Emmy Win Submission
Third Emmy Win Submission PART 1
Third Emmy Win Submission PART 2
Lucky Finds Liz in the Park
Lucky and Liz Valentine's Day
Jonathan's Return in 2009
Emmy Submission - 2009 Christmas
Fourth Emmy Win - Lucky Confronts Nik and Liz Part 1
Fourth Emmy Win - Lucky Confronts Nik and Liz Part 2
Lucky Finds Out He's Aiden's Father
Jake's Death
Lucky Confronts Luke about drinking and hitting Jake
Lucky and Nikolas say goodbye
Lucky Leaves Port Charles

nominations and awards
1995 – Daytime Emmy Award: General Hospital (Won)
1995 – Soap Opera Digest Award: General Hospital (Won)
1995 – YoungStar Award: General Hospital (Won)
1996 – Daytime Emmy Award: General Hospital (Nominated)
1996 – Young Artist Award: General Hospital (Nominated)
1997 – YoungStar Award: Prisoner of Zenda, Inc (Nominated)
1997 – YoungStar Award: General Hospital (Won)
1997 – Daytime Emmy Award: General Hospital (Nominated)
1997 – Young Artist Award: General Hospital (Nominated)
1998 – Daytime Emmy Award: General Hospital (Won)
1998 – YoungStar Award: General Hospital (Won)
1999 – Daytime Emmy Award: General Hospital (Won)
1999 – Soap Opera Digest Award: General Hospital (Won)
1999 – Young Artist Award: General Hospital (Nominated)
1999 – YoungStar Award: General Hospital (Won)
1999 – YoungStar Award: The Deep End of the Ocean (Nominated)
2000 – YoungStar Award: General Hospital (Nominated)
2000 – Daytime Emmy Award: General Hospital (Nominated)
2000 – Young Hollywood Award: The Deep End of the Ocean (Won)
2000 – Brooklyn Film Festival: Crystal Clear (Won)
2000 – Brooklyn Film Festival: Crystal Clear (Won)
2005 – Saturn Award: Riding the Bullet (Nominated)
2010 – Daytime Emmy Award: General Hospital (Nominated)
2011 – Daytime Emmy Award: General Hospital (Won)
2012 – Daytime Emmy Award: General Hospital (Won)

future titles
"Justice can't only be for those who can take whatever they want. Maybe my badge levels the playing field for those who don't have any power."
"I was just going about my life, and Helena took me out of it...There are pieces of me I never got back."
"There's no fighting it – Jackson brings an entirely different dynamic to the role.”~EW
"Jackson's artless, all-boy portrayal is a breath of fresh air."~SOD
"Jackson's performance was seismic, full of fury and anguish, and a soul-wrenching complexity that left us breathless."~TVGUIDE
"Make no mistake about it: Jackson was more brilliant and memorable than any other leading man in soaps."
"JJ's work on GH was transcendent...He delivered such emotional depth to the life of Lucky that we the viewers cried right along with him."
"With acting and everything else, it's less a process of me trying to do something and more me getting out of the way to let what's real happen."

previous threads
01. The Original Cowboy
02. It was our "lucky" day when JJ came home
03. The prodigal son returns
04. JJ has his own Twitter now!
05. Dear Guza, we'd like more Lucky-in-glasses, please.
06. Even though JJ's gone, Lucky will always have our hearts in a permanent lock.
07. "Human beings are complex and that is what I try to bring to the roles that I play."

Last edited by Static Waves; 02-23-2014 at 12:42 PM
Old 02-14-2014, 12:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

For anyone curious as to where the title came from and further proof that JJ is actually really eloquent and intelligent, here's where it came from:

Quote:
You’re playing Lucky as an adult with a lot of history now. How is that for you?
When it comes to Lucky, it’s very visceral for me and very instinctive. So much of the character was what he was – the offspring of Luke and Laura. So much of who he is was based on the seeds that were planted from his father and his mother. For me as an actor, I don’t get too caught up in the intellectual side of a story, so much as, when you play a character day in and day out for years like I did, it’s like a second skin almost. It’s very close to you. So walking back in, I just brought who I am now as an adult into it. And it just felt really smooth and comfortable. I think that Lucky’s always been a paradox and a contradiction a little bit because he had the edge and the wildness and the rebellion of Luke but he also had the purity and the innocence of Laura. Even when he was helping Elizabeth through the rape and there was the purity and the romance, there was always this sort of con-man side of Lucky that came from his father that was always present. So I still feel like the foundation of the character is working from the contradiction and tension of those two realities within. Another thing as an actor is that you can’t act information and you can’t act history. So in terms of drug addiction and all these other things, those are things that exist, whether I relate them or not because that’s just what happened. So unless it’s something specific in terms of dealing with the addiction. I just take that and say yeah, that’s what happened and that’s what he’s gone through, and that’s that. But he can’t really perform that reality.
EW: Jonathan Jackson talks about his 'GH' return and his onscreen family
Old 02-14-2014, 12:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

TFTNT!

Great title.
Old 02-14-2014, 01:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

np!
Old 02-14-2014, 01:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

This OP is amazing.
together.” || adam conantcassie blake

Sara | tumblr
Old 02-14-2014, 01:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

I love that we are on thread 8 here!
Old 02-14-2014, 10:11 PM
Elite Fan

Tftnt!!

Old 02-15-2014, 12:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

Old 02-15-2014, 12:29 AM
Master Fan

awwww Lucky and his boys ♥

still sad they recast Cam though
Sarah [youtube]
Old 02-15-2014, 08:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

did they make Cam older?
Old 02-15-2014, 10:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

OMG, Cam, even Spencer are so...brats, so full of themselves. Me no gusta.
Old 02-15-2014, 10:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep within me (View Post)
OMG, Cam, even Spencer are so...brats, so full of themselves. Me no gusta.
what's going on with them? Have they been getting actual scenes?
Old 02-15-2014, 10:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

YES, they are fighting over Emma's affectionate and want to be her girlfriend. So what they say to each other...that's not something you would want your kid to talk like that.
Old 02-15-2014, 10:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep within me (View Post)
YES, they are fighting over Emma's affectionate and want to be her girlfriend. So what they say to each other...that's not something you would want your kid to talk like that.
eww gross. Really? What do they say?
Old 02-15-2014, 11:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

Spencer would call him names because he's not rich like him and is average guy so would be like why would Emma want to be with you when she could have prince? And Cam would call him names because of how snob he is. So yeah, so brats.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread