Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2020, 09:09 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tslpsh (View Post)
I was going through some shows on youtube, and I didn't know Brain McKnight had sung on AMC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whOSJjUU5mk&t=25m35s

That's one of my favorite songs of his too
I always enjoy when he comes to shows to perform his hits.
Old 06-17-2020, 05:52 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

I don't remember Brian McKnight being on the show. It was nice when soaps used to have all those celebrity guest stars on the show.
Old 06-18-2020, 10:27 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
I don't remember Brian McKnight being on the show. It was nice when soaps used to have all those celebrity guest stars on the show.
I wonder if Kelly Ripa ever brought up on her talk show that he sang to her on AMC
Old 06-21-2020, 03:36 AM
Loyal Fan

This is a good vid... it focuses mostly on 90's and 80's couples

Old 06-21-2020, 05:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Thanks for posting that.
Old 06-27-2020, 04:47 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the vid.
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.
Old 06-27-2020, 04:02 PM
Loyal Fan

I don't know how many of you all have been following AMCFlashback on youtube, but they've recently posted some new uploads from 2000 and 1999.

How long does it take for everyone to find out Stuart and Dimitri are alive? LOL two fake death stories going on at the same time. I like Finola as Anna on GH, but I didn't get the point of Alex, and didn't see much chemistry here with Edmund. She was better than Kit Fisher though.

AMCFlashback also uploaded some 1999 shows, and Kit was just awful. Were we suppose to find her sympathetic?

Also its strange to see Leo and Greenlee hanging out with the high school crowd. They seem older than Bianca, Becca, Scott etc. Speaking of, were they trying to do a Leo/Becca pairing rather than Greenlee/Leo? Seems that way from these clips.

I forgot how long the Jake stuff dragged out before the new recast came in. Which Jake did you like Better, Michael Lowry or J. Eddie Peck? I preferred JEP myself.

BTW, it was pretty messed up that Adam used his own sperm to get Liza pregnant without her knowing. That Colby paternity stuff went on forever, then suddenly Jake went, poof! Now of course Adam married Arlene who just had to announce it at Hayley and Mateo's wedding.

It's too bad they couldn't find something for Adrian to do, the idea of a black Martin was a good way to tie some diversity into the canvas.

Last edited by tslpsh; 06-27-2020 at 04:07 PM
Old 06-27-2020, 04:52 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

I usually don't flock back to those years cause it's whatever and I usually remember what happened. I usually rewatch the 90's episodes cause those were the best years. I remember both of those stories where everyone thought Dimitri and Stuart were dead but weren't. I remember Stuart had amnesia and that Esther lady was lying to him about being his wife RME. I remember he figured out the truth all on his own. I remember the scene where Alex first saw Dimitri, I remember that being in like August or something so I guess they found out about Dimitri around that time, and I think Stuart being alive was found out by the end of Summer (Just going by my memory) I don't remember much about Alex or her being a twin, I didn't see the chemistry with Edmund either. To me Edmund only had chemistry with Maria. I don't remember much about Kit, I think I just remember she accused Ryan of rape but it was his brother or something. I just remember her character being a waste of time.

I remember Leo/Becca, yeah they were doing that pairing first. I remembered I hated it cause I liked Becca with Scott and hated how she kept hurting him to sneak around with Leo (But I didn't like Leo/Greenlee either) I'm torn on which Jake I like better, they were both equally great (Which is rare with recasts) They both had their strong points, like the recast having great chemistry with Greenlee. Since the first was around longer I might like him a LITTLE more. Adam was a monster that wanted to control everyone he could, so the disgusting and horrifying storyline of him FORCING Liza to have his baby anyway isn't even surprising. It's like a form of rape, I find it even more revolting now that I'm older (Just like when he basically killed Gloria's baby cause of his obsession with her) I don't remember much about Adrian, but I wish they did more with him too.
Old 06-27-2020, 07:17 PM
I am a basketball genius!

Do you remember which month Stuart figured out that Esther was lying to him?
Old 06-28-2020, 02:57 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by canflam (View Post)
Do you remember which month Stuart figured out that Esther was lying to him?
I did some googling and apparently Stuart is reunited with Adam and Marian mid-September.

Yeah Kit accused not only Ryan or rape, but Tad too. This actually gave me flashbacks to McTavish having Kendall lie about Dimitri raping her. I do believe both times the plot twist was in the DNA, which was similar because Kendall slept with Anton, and Kit had been raped by Ryan's brother. I do wonder if the Braden story had played out the same had Mctavish stayed. I do know a Tad and Dixie fan told me Mctavish planned for them to actually have the baby that Nixon ended up writing as a miscarriage when she took back over.

It is hard to decipher who did what in 1999 cause after McTavish left they have Agnes, Passanante and Liz Page all listed as Co-headwriters. I wonder who's idea it was to have Mateo pour Hayley a drink for example? Especially when Mateo had been there when she saw Alec force alcohol down Arlene's throat, really. Although I suppose it was more character driven than stuff like Mateo getting psychic visions like the year before and that whole weird tattoo thing with Hayley. I did like that they brought back the Glamorama, that was classic AMC. Too bad it didn't last long.

Its just sad that Gillian's relationship with Edmund was never really the same after she moved out of Wildwind cause Edmund believed Kit but Gillian believed Ryan was innocent. They seemed to want to integrate Gillian more with the Martin clan than the Marrick clan, I guess, especially once Dimitrj left. She did get some good scenes mourning Dimitri when she thought he was dead though. Oh I take that back, they did develop a nice friendship with Gillian/Alex, and later Anna.

Last edited by tslpsh; 06-28-2020 at 03:29 PM
Old 06-28-2020, 04:10 PM
Loyal Fan

Looks like I spoke too soon. It looks like AMCFlashback is now uploading those shows where Stuart realizes Pine Valley is his home.
Old 06-28-2020, 05:19 PM

OK. From 2000?
Old 06-28-2020, 05:42 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by canflam (View Post)
OK. From 2000?
Yup. In fact, a lot of the stories seem to be picking up with the latest batch posted.

Last edited by tslpsh; 06-28-2020 at 05:54 PM
Old 06-28-2020, 09:05 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

I don't remember Kit accusing Tad of rape too, WTF? Wouldn't that make her look like even more of a liar? Oh man, I remember when they had Mateo pour Hayley a drink and taunted her about drinking it, which was extremely OOC. I remember that was during the Mateo/Hayley/Ryan triangle that made ALL of them look like crap. He was so pissed off that Hayley kissed Ryan he did that SMH.
Old 06-28-2020, 10:03 PM

I think Kit accused Tad of that crime before she did so of Ryan, but I haven't watched any episodes of her doing that to Tad yet.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread