Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2017, 07:08 PM
Elite Fan

I would be too Alex Meh, the setting in regards to time doesn't' really matter to me as long as a movie has good acting and it stays true to the feel and quality of the original. I'd enjoy it if it was modernized or not, I'm sure.

Thanks! It went faster than I thought it would. Time for bed so have a good night and see you tomorrow
Old 09-11-2017, 07:09 PM
Elite Fan

I would be too Alex Meh, the setting in regards to time doesn't' really matter to me as long as a movie has good acting and it stays true to the feel and quality of the original. I'd enjoy it if it was modernized or not, I'm sure.

Thanks! It went faster than I thought it would. Time for bed so have a good night and see you tomorrow
Old 09-12-2017, 01:37 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ropetuned (View Post)
Hi! I see you on the Fringe and Prison Break boards too Been decent, how are you?

Not enjoying the heat and especially helping a friend move to a new house in it
Yes I have seen you on those boards before, as well as an couple of threads on the couples board too. Doesn't sound like fun at all and I've been great, on holidays at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Hey, long time no see! Welcome back! I remember when you used to post here. You're a Steelers fan! You ready for the new NFL season?
Yeah, it is haha and I've been busy with work and stuff. Yes I am and glad that we beat the Browns in week 1
Old 09-12-2017, 06:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Yeah, it is haha and I've been busy with work and stuff. Yes I am and glad that we beat the Browns in week 1
I saw a little of that game. Congrats on the Steelers winning! My Eagles beat the Redskins as well. Although the Cowboys beat the Giants, so the news isn't all great.

Quote:

Well, I think the reason for the modernization would be that the adults would be in the present day, so that would kind of necessitate the first movie being set in the 80's when they're kids.

I hope everything went well with the move, Mark!

OMG, I'm so worn out and tired from work. I'll probably go to bed soon. I'll talk to you tomorrow, Mark! Goodnight!
Old 09-12-2017, 07:58 PM
Elite Fan

True, although IT never really was my favorite Stephen King book/movie so I don't carry my opinions as highly as the other films of his. I might still check it out for nostalgia sake, most likely when it comes out on bluray.

I can't believe that people are protesting the Kid Rock concerts in Detroit tonight I get that people might not agree with his personal beliefs but if it really irritates them that much just avoid the guy altogether, it's pathetic.

I'm pretty exhausted too so I won't be up for much longer either. See ya later
Old 09-12-2017, 10:24 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Hi, Crystal! I'm so glad to see you back! We missed you too!

I'm sorry you lost your internet for a month. What happened? And you're moving again? And which stupid people?

Oh, and we lost all the arts on the intro thread OP because of Photobucket. Just wanted you to know because I have no idea how many arts and graphics we lost. Those all got put up when you were moderator here, and I think it was your Photobucket account. If you still have those graphics can you move them to another hosting site?
Well the move was only temporary anyway until I got an apartment, but my friends wife is apparently nuts and causing all sorts of problems with everyone so I found another buddies to crash at until I get a place. The internet here is just garbage, it never works.

Yeah, they were mine, I have them all saved, I'll see what I can do... got any suggestions for sites?
If you love someone you gotta make a sound
HIMYM 10 YEARS
Old 09-13-2017, 12:50 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I saw a little of that game. Congrats on the Steelers winning! My Eagles beat the Redskins as well. Although the Cowboys beat the Giants, so the news isn't all great.
I couldn't watch the game unfortunately, was busy with other things.
Old 09-13-2017, 05:36 PM
Elite Fan

Crystal, dropbox, Flickr or Imgur are all sites where you can upload and host images at although I don't think it has the option to create a unique account for every individual uploader. I hate that Photobucket screwed everyone and turned into a pay site.

Hope everyone is doing well and have a good night. Week is half over!
Old 09-13-2017, 05:36 PM
Elite Fan

Crystal, dropbox, Flickr or Imgur are all sites where you can upload and host images at although I don't think it has the option to create a unique account for every individual uploader. I hate that Photobucket screwed everyone and turned into a pay site.

Hope everyone is doing well and have a good night. Week is half over!
Old 09-13-2017, 06:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, Crystal! It's great to see you back!

Hi, Mark! I'm sorry I haven't been on much today. I'm doing an Arrow watch on the Legends of Tomorrow board, just so you know. I'll be back later to post.

Quote:
I couldn't watch the game unfortunately, was busy with other things.
Oh, I'm sorry. It was a good game from what I've heard. Steelers are currently ranked #1 in the NFL from what I've read. Oh, and ESPN brought back Hank Williams Jr.'s "All My Rowdy Friends Are Here On Monday Night" intro. I'd prefer it if MNF were back on ABC because I hate the ESPN crew.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteria (View Post)
Well the move was only temporary anyway until I got an apartment, but my friends wife is apparently nuts and causing all sorts of problems with everyone so I found another buddies to crash at until I get a place. The internet here is just garbage, it never works.

Yeah, they were mine, I have them all saved, I'll see what I can do... got any suggestions for sites?
Wow, that sounds bad, Crystal. I'm sorry you had to go through all that. And crappy internet sucks. I hope you get a new place soon. And Mark is correct. Those three sites he mentioned are all good, and on my other board we transferred out graphics to Imgbox. I've seen people also use Tumblr.

Quote:
True, although IT never really was my favorite Stephen King book/movie so I don't carry my opinions as highly as the other films of his. I might still check it out for nostalgia sake, most likely when it comes out on bluray.

I can't believe that people are protesting the Kid Rock concerts in Detroit tonight I get that people might not agree with his personal beliefs but if it really irritates them that much just avoid the guy altogether, it's pathetic.
So what was your favorite Stephen King book? Was it The Shining? I seem to recall you mentioning that. Mine is 'Salem's Lot, and I also like The Shining, Cycle of the Werewolf and The Mist. I liked the first half of The Stand, but the second half bored me.

They're protesting Kid Rock? Man, how times have changed. He was one of the hottest acts in the country back in the late 1990's. But these days people are so hypersensitive they freak out if someone just has a different opinion or point of view. This damn political correctness sucks balls.

I'll be back later, Mark and Crystal! Gotta watch Oliver Queen fight bad guys.
Old 09-13-2017, 06:22 PM
Elite Fan

Yep! It's definitely The Shining. A lot of his other books are a close second, though. He's pretty much one of the few offers that I've really only disliked a few of his projects and the rest I've re-read multiple times.

I remember the craze around Kid Rock too People are so politically correct and easily offended that even saying one wrong word on a TV show it's like someone held a gun to a childs head.. it's pathetic. I hope it changes but it's only going to get worse, I think. I try not to care, I'm going to watch and listen to what I want and nobody is going to dictate that.

See ya later I did a few rounds earlier and I'll try to be back but I can't promise I'm extra tired tonight and am probably gonna be out on a new sleep med soon. If I don't see you, have a good night Work tomorrow and then a day off, right?
Old 09-13-2017, 10:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Oh, I'm sorry. It was a good game from what I've heard. Steelers are currently ranked #1 in the NFL from what I've read. Oh, and ESPN brought back Hank Williams Jr.'s "All My Rowdy Friends Are Here On Monday Night" intro. I'd prefer it if MNF were back on ABC because I hate the ESPN crew.
That's fine, I'm used to missing games haha, That's good, thought the Chiefs would be considering they smashed the defending champions.
Old 09-14-2017, 12:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
That's fine, I'm used to missing games haha, That's good, thought the Chiefs would be considering they smashed the defending champions.
You'd think so, wouldn't you? But right now ESPN and SB Nation have the Steelers at #1 and CBS and NFL.com have the Packers at #1. The Chiefs rank either #3 or #4 depending on who you check. Sure, they beat the Patriots in the season opener, but rankings also take other things into consideration, like Quarterback rating, offense and defense rating, divisional ranking, etc. But things should change by next week. I don't like how everyone has the Chiefs picked to beat the Eagles on Sunday.

Quote:
Yep! It's definitely The Shining. A lot of his other books are a close second, though. He's pretty much one of the few offers that I've really only disliked a few of his projects and the rest I've re-read multiple times.

I remember the craze around Kid Rock too People are so politically correct and easily offended that even saying one wrong word on a TV show it's like someone held a gun to a childs head.. it's pathetic. I hope it changes but it's only going to get worse, I think. I try not to care, I'm going to watch and listen to what I want and nobody is going to dictate that.

See ya later I did a few rounds earlier and I'll try to be back but I can't promise I'm extra tired tonight and am probably gonna be out on a new sleep med soon. If I don't see you, have a good night Work tomorrow and then a day off, right?
I like The Shining as well, Mark. Although I still think that 'Salem's Lot is King's definitive work. The Shining doesn't even take place in Maine, like most of his stories. And I liked most of his work from the 70's and 80's, but after IT I think he kinda lost it a little. The only stuff of his I liked from the 90's was Nightmares And Dreamscapes. I haven't read any of his Dark Tower stuff, mostly because I'd never have the time to get through all that crap.

Well, I'm hoping that things do get better and people eventually dump all this PC crap someday, Mark. Especially when these college kids eventually grow up and look back on themselves years later and think about how stupid they were. ESPN reassigning an Asian sportscaster from a Virginia college football game to another game because his name was "Robert Lee"(like the Confederate General) was fing ridiculous. Sooner or later people have to say enough is enough.

It's okay, Mark. I totally understand if you're exhausted because guess what happened to me again last night? Yep, another Wednesday night, and another night where I just crashed and fell asleep all night after once again promising that I'd be back here later on. Man, this always happens to me. So I'm gonna do a round of posting and I'll see you later!
Old 09-14-2017, 12:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
You'd think so, wouldn't you? But right now ESPN and SB Nation have the Steelers at #1 and CBS and NFL.com have the Packers at #1. The Chiefs rank either #3 or #4 depending on who you check. Sure, they beat the Patriots in the season opener, but rankings also take other things into consideration, like Quarterback rating, offense and defense rating, divisional ranking, etc. But things should change by next week. I don't like how everyone has the Chiefs picked to beat the Eagles on Sunday.
Who did the Packers play again? Can't remember off the top of my head. Might have to check out why they have Steelers ranked so high haha. Where are they ranked on the CBS and NFL.com lists? No one likes seeing them their team picked to lose haha.
Old 09-14-2017, 02:18 PM
Elite Fan

it's all good, Alex I understand better than anyone else getting exhausted and then randomly just falling asleep I noticed the last few years it happens after spending a lot of time outside almost like the sun and heat effects your brain somehow

I really do hope people eventually say enough is enough but I'm honestly losing a lot of faith in humanity more and more as people casually protest something and bring others into it and put ideas in their head to make a big deal about it too.

Se ya later