Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2020, 08:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)

Oh, is it, Sam? I wasn't sure of the rate of exchange over there.

I see. Well, I hope we can knock out those Canadiens.

Thanks. This will be the longest vacation from work I've ever taken.
I think 30 dollars is cheap regardless of the exchange rate, lol

I hope so too

Nice
Old 08-18-2020, 03:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
I think 30 dollars is cheap regardless of the exchange rate, lol

I hope so too

Nice

Okay, cool. Shows how much I know about money.

The Flyers just beat the Canadians 2-0 and now lead the series 3-1! One more win and they advance, and the Canadiens go home.

Sam, Katie, if you want to know why 80s kids like me love the films of John Carpenter, may I offer this as an example. It's only his 1980s movie, so Halloween isn't included.

Old 08-19-2020, 09:08 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Oh, I see. Well, I lived through the 80s, so to me it's just the real world. Feels like yesterday. Things were a bit calmer. Amazing how living under the threat of nuclear war makes people appreciate things. But nobody freaked out about stuff back then like they do now. Today everyone's freaking nuts.

True, but then again I keep hearing people say how "you could never make those movies today" when talking about the 80s. I think for a lot of people, Heathers looks a lot different in the post-Columbine world of the 21st century.

You're welcome. I loved those trailers when I saw them. I wanted to cry.
yea, I feel that way about the 90's kinda.

yea, I've seen people say that but I'm not so sure that's entirely true.

thanks for the video, interesting to see!
Old 08-20-2020, 02:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasertagandcigars (View Post)
yea, I feel that way about the 90's kinda.

yea, I've seen people say that but I'm not so sure that's entirely true.

thanks for the video, interesting to see!

The 90s were pretty cool too. A lot of good memories, and probably the last good decade before the crapfest that is the 21st century began.

You know, it's funny... back in the 80s we had so much freedom, yet we dreamed of living with 21st century technology. Now, in the 21st century, we have so much technology yet we dream of the freedom of living in the 1980s.

You're welcome, Katie. I have one more video to show you. Some genius created this video montage of 80s music videos, movies, and television shows, all set to the song 'Waiting For A Star To Fall' by the 80s band Boy Meets Girl, released in 1988. Katie, if you really wanna know why Gen Xers like me are so nostalgic for the 1980s, especially during this horrible year of 2020, if this doesn't explain it to you, I do not know what will. This video made me cry... literally cry. This was the world I grew up in. This was my life.

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 08-20-2020 at 02:47 PM
Old 08-21-2020, 03:02 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Okay, cool. Shows how much I know about money.

The Flyers just beat the Canadians 2-0 and now lead the series 3-1! One more win and they advance, and the Canadiens go home.

Sam, Katie, if you want to know why 80s kids like me love the films of John Carpenter, may I offer this as an example. It's only his 1980s movie, so Halloween isn't included.

It does

Nice, when do you play them next?

Thanks for the video
Old 08-21-2020, 05:16 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
The 90s were pretty cool too. A lot of good memories, and probably the last good decade before the crapfest that is the 21st century began.

You know, it's funny... back in the 80s we had so much freedom, yet we dreamed of living with 21st century technology. Now, in the 21st century, we have so much technology yet we dream of the freedom of living in the 1980s.

You're welcome, Katie. I have one more video to show you. Some genius created this video montage of 80s music videos, movies, and television shows, all set to the song 'Waiting For A Star To Fall' by the 80s band Boy Meets Girl, released in 1988. Katie, if you really wanna know why Gen Xers like me are so nostalgic for the 1980s, especially during this horrible year of 2020, if this doesn't explain it to you, I do not know what will. This video made me cry... literally cry. This was the world I grew up in. This was my life.

I liked growing up in the 90's.

that's awesome, thanks for the video!

I want more people to post here.
Old 08-21-2020, 05:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I liked growing up in the 90's.

that's awesome, thanks for the video!

I want more people to post here.
I'm sure you did. I wish the 90s were better for me, personally. My dad lost his job, went bankrupt, we moved out of the new house he bought less than two years after moving in, we couldn't go back to the house I grew up in because that had been sold, and my family ended up falling apart and separating, so it was a pretty bad decade for me personally. But at least the whole world didn't suck back in the 90s, and there was still a lot of cool music, movies, and TV back then.

You're welcome. Did you recognize anything from the video?

I know you do, Katie. We did have some new people here, but they seemed to have gone away. They often do that, come back and forth to post, on again, and off again.

Quote:
It does

Nice, when do you play them next?

Thanks for the video
Hi, Sam! I hope things are going okay with you down there.

The Flyers played them on Wednesday, but lost, 5-3. So now the series is 3-2, Flyers. The Flyers are playing the Canadiens tonight and they're ahead 2-1 in the second period. If they can hold on and win tonight they'll advance to the next round in the playoffs.
Old 08-21-2020, 08:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Hi, Sam! I hope things are going okay with you down there.

The Flyers played them on Wednesday, but lost, 5-3. So now the series is 3-2, Flyers. The Flyers are playing the Canadiens tonight and they're ahead 2-1 in the second period. If they can hold on and win tonight they'll advance to the next round in the playoffs.
Same with you Alex

Hopefully they can hold the Canadiens off
Old 08-22-2020, 04:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Same with you Alex

Hopefully they can hold the Canadiens off
Thanks, Sam.

Well, the Flyers won and will face the New York Islanders in the second round of the NHL Stanley Cup playoffs!

I hope everyone is having a good weekend!
Old 08-22-2020, 05:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Thanks, Sam.

Well, the Flyers won and will face the New York Islanders in the second round of the NHL Stanley Cup playoffs!

I hope everyone is having a good weekend!
No problem

That's great Alex
Old 08-22-2020, 05:03 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
I'm sure you did. I wish the 90s were better for me, personally. My dad lost his job, went bankrupt, we moved out of the new house he bought less than two years after moving in, we couldn't go back to the house I grew up in because that had been sold, and my family ended up falling apart and separating, so it was a pretty bad decade for me personally. But at least the whole world didn't suck back in the 90s, and there was still a lot of cool music, movies, and TV back then.

You're welcome. Did you recognize anything from the video?

I know you do, Katie. We did have some new people here, but they seemed to have gone away. They often do that, come back and forth to post, on again, and off again.
I'm sorry things were hard. hope things are better now!

I remember somethings.

yea, true. it's still nice to see people come by.
Old 08-22-2020, 05:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yes it is
Old 08-22-2020, 05:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks, Sam. I'm sorry the Penguins didn't make it. And what's the other team you like? I forgot who's currently in the bracket.

Did you hear that Ron Rivera has been diagnosed with cancer? He says he's still gonna coach for Washington, but that still sucks. Who knows how this is gonna go?

Quote:
I'm sorry things were hard. hope things are better now!

I remember somethings.

yea, true. it's still nice to see people come by.
Thanks, Katie. Well, they're a better, but not where I'd like them to be.

I figured you had to have seen some of that stuff. I hope you get why so many people think of the 1980s as magical. I mean, no decade is perfect, but come on, can any decade compare to that one? That was a once in a century decade.

Well, we did get some people come by today. And someone actually posted in the T/R thread.
Old 08-22-2020, 05:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

The Calgary Flames

I did hear that, sad news
Old 08-22-2020, 05:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm sorry about Calgary, Sam. They lost to the Dallas Stars. That sucks.

Yeah, I just hope nothing else bad happens, but then again, this is 2020. Everything bad happens this year.

I'm off to get some dinner, so I'll be back later!