Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2008, 09:54 PM
Addicted Fan

^ ICA. Because of the way they've set up the Ted/Barney friendship and the Barney's relationships with the others it doesn't seem like they could continue to have them not being friends. The whole dynamic of the show changes if they have to segregate the core 5, or do scenes with Barney and other random people. IMO this show works so well because of the core 5 being together so often. I don't know of many other shows where the whole cast are in so many scenes together. It seems odd not to have them all together anymore. It's just... weird
icon: egyptian_pixie
lorilozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 09:57 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorilozz (View Post)
I heard on the news this morning that the producers have stated they're happy with Britney's performance and would like to make it something more permanent I seriously hope this is not true.
Please tell me they were joking?
smoothaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 10:09 PM
Addicted Fan

I hope so... but unfortunately integrity is often shoved aside for big name appearances
Old 05-13-2008, 10:14 PM
Elite Fan

Example, Will & Grace!

kenny | credit
Old 05-13-2008, 10:17 PM
Addicted Fan

I wasn't a regular viewer of that show. Who did they use?
Old 05-13-2008, 10:26 PM
Elite Fan

There was a guest star almost every week on the show. Awful!

kenny | credit
Old 05-13-2008, 10:43 PM
Addicted Fan

Oh! How... lame. A show shouldn't need guest stars to prop itself up. If it's own writing and cast can't keep people entertained and tuning in each week then there's a problem IMO
Old 05-14-2008, 12:30 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorilozz (View Post)
I wasn't a regular viewer of that show. Who did they use?
Who didn't they use .

I didn't like the episode that much, nothing made me laugh out loud and I cant think of a time that's happened before with the show. It seemed like they were getting Britney on screen as much as possible at the expense of Robin and to an extent Ted; both seemed to have very little to do and when they did (red boots) it fell flat.

Only thing I did like were Marshall/Lily and all the dogs at the vets looking at the painting, to an extent that redeemed the episode slightly but its not one I'll watch again.
-Louise- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 12:37 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
don't think I've properly appreciated the Ted/Barney dynamic until now - they work well with each other, the writers seem to be a bit lost themselves. I mean, Barney slagging off Ted in bed with Abby? I don't know, I didn't think that was really Barney.
That's exactly what I thought right after. I never thought I'd miss T/B this much. Seriously it feels like the writers don't really know what to do with them when they're separated.

Quote:
Lily's clothes are amazing, I wish I had her wardrobe.
Oh man me too. And I'm not a fashion freak. They're just so pretty!

Quote:
I heard on the news this morning that the producers have stated they're happy with Britney's performance and would like to make it something more permanent I seriously hope this is not true.
I've posted a similar quote from them in the news thread. I'm this close to starting a useless "don't bring her back ever again" online petition
~DresdenDoll~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 04:36 AM
Elite Fan

^^ Count me in

Cris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 07:06 AM
Elite Fan

I didn't mind the episode my fave part was the LM sl and Lily has some really nice clothes I didn't get Ted's boots he was so not pulling them off . Also not enough Robin but I loved Barney

Britney was ok she's not a natural but was ok
Old 05-14-2008, 07:11 AM
Master Fan

You have got to be joking - more Britney suckage? Like I said, she's not the problem because she's credible enough, I suppose, but her storyline is all wrong. To make her fit they're tearing T/B apart and if the writers don't realise that they don't write Barney or Ted as well separate as they do when together... then the show has a problem.
Old 05-14-2008, 07:46 AM
Addicted Fan

^ A very big problem... although I have to admit that I didn't even realise how important the T/B relationship was until they broke it apart. Hopefully they've realised it too and do something about it sooner rather than later.
Old 05-14-2008, 08:29 AM
Elite Fan

How true it is that you can truly appreciate some things only once they're gone
I think we all took T/B friendship for granted and it's so painful to watch them now... Like Barney said, without Ted he's just Dynamic Uno
And honestly, this show will jump the shark the minute it'll turn into another W&G guest star deluge. I don't want to see that! BS storyline was ok in her first appearance, but the whole stalking Barney and now probably stalking Ted (I can see them using this angle if they ever make her come back) is ridiculous. Can't she make her come back, I dunno... singing e.g.? You know, something she's actually supposed to be good at?
~DresdenDoll~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 05:27 PM
Addicted Fan

I've been holding this back for a while now because it's really very petty.... but OMG how bad is her hair? I want to yank it out every time she comes on screen. With that much money you'd think she could get hair extensions that actually look like real hair... not the hair off a Cabbage Patch doll
Reply   Post New Thread