Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2008, 02:15 AM
Moderator Support Team

The boots weren't funny to me either.

Lily and Marshall and Robin were the best for me this week.
Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 03:02 AM
Elite Fan

I just finished re-watching it, hoping that maybe it'll seem better than live at 5 a.m. Yeah unfortunately didn't make me change my mind. I found it weak. The stalker and Barney storyline felt so anti-climactic. I can't say much good about Britney so I won't say anything. I want Barney and Ted to finally patch things up. The gang without Barney just doesn't seem right.
Other than that I love Lily's wardrobe!
~DresdenDoll~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 06:07 AM
Elite Fan

guyforceshiswifetodressinagarbagebagforthenextthreeyears.com now has a slideshow of a guy and his wife who is dressed in a garbage bag
Old 05-13-2008, 06:17 AM
Elite Fan

Oh dear lord... and the song is in French.
Old 05-13-2008, 08:15 AM
Elite Fan

Oooh there's a song, too? Awesome! I haven't got any sound
Old 05-13-2008, 09:05 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~DresdenDoll~ (View Post)
I just finished re-watching it, hoping that maybe it'll seem better than live at 5 a.m. Yeah unfortunately didn't make me change my mind. I found it weak. The stalker and Barney storyline felt so anti-climactic. I can't say much good about Britney so I won't say anything. I want Barney and Ted to finally patch things up. The gang without Barney just doesn't seem right.
Other than that I love Lily's wardrobe!
It definitely was anti-climatic! Disapointment over here!!

But, that being said, I thought Britney's performance was way better that the last one. I wouldn't want her to become a regular on the show, though...

Poor Lily, only dogs like her paintings
Loved Robin being all over Lily's clothes ALL THE TIME!!
And the "two-syllable DAAA-AAAMN"
Daph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 09:19 AM
Part-Time Fan

I thought last nights episode was pretty funny. Did anyone catch the Cheers reference. I don't know if it was done on purpose or if it is a reference to something else, but the gay guys refered to Lily's frame as an Anton Kritzer.

If you remember, that was the name of the fake partner Norm made up for his painting business.
jimbo jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 10:58 AM
Elite Fan

Not my fave episode, but I did enjoy Lily's storyline. Marshall and her were cute as always... birds don't get you...

Can't believe the writers chose to end the stalker's storyline in such an anti-climatic way. Especially because Abby is so hung up on Ted that I hardly believe she would spend his time bashing Barney to his targets.
And I do hope this is the last time we see Britney in the show...

And, come on, Ted and Barney need to make up like now!

Cris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 12:47 PM
Addicted Fan

I was really upset that Abby turned out to be Barney's stalker. I don't even know if the timeline makes sense. I thought it was funny that it was just a regular girl that he didn't call back though becasue he's thinking of all the horrible tings he did and it was just a regular girl. But not Abby. I personally thought Brit's first appearance was much better.

I loved the Lily/Marshall plot. The boots were funny but I didn't like that the gay guys thought he was pulling it off. He was NOT pulling it off.
MethodicWays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 01:24 PM
Elite Fan

I suspected it to be her but I totally agree that it hardly makes any sense. Especially since she was so obsessed with Ted, why would she spend so much time and effort to screw Barney's lovelife? Because they slept together and he didn't call seems like a really far-fetched excuse. Ugh I just hope it's the last time we hear about her.

Quote:
I personally thought Brit's first appearance was much better.
Same here. Probably because she had less lines and the episode was less focused on her than it was last night. The girl isn't an actress and it shows. (that was a very nice version of what I could say about her abilities )
Old 05-13-2008, 01:26 PM
Elite Fan

I didn't like the episode at all. Probably the only episode of the show I won't be rewatching. It was just... bad. I dunno. Britney was horrible, and the Marshall/Lily subplot did pretty much save the episode but it wasn't all that funny.
Old 05-13-2008, 01:40 PM
Elite Fan

Oh thank gods, I thought I was the only one that harsh in my opinion

But like I said last night, I need to focus on any possible positive aspects and I did find Neil particularly adorable in that blue color.
Old 05-13-2008, 03:29 PM
Moderator Support Team

You guys definitely aren't the only ones. It's maybe my least favorite episode ever.
Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 07:39 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cris (View Post)
And, come on, Ted and Barney need to make up like now!
WORD I hate them not being Bros.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cris (View Post)
And I do hope this is the last time we see Britney in the show...
I heard on the news this morning that the producers have stated they're happy with Britney's performance and would like to make it something more permanent I seriously hope this is not true.
icon: egyptian_pixie
lorilozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 08:13 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost soul (View Post)
I just was so bothered that she was the woman screwing with Barney's women. What a stupid resolution to that potential storyline.
Exactly. It was a good potential storyline and they screwed with that for something as implausible as some random girl sabotaging Barney's love life just because she's in love with Ted? How far do they think we can suspend our rationality?

I don't hate Britney but it feels like they're just shoehorning her in because... of what, the ratings? I don't even know. Oh, I hate this storyline to hell and back. Please, writers, salvage this. Salvage the past few episodes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost soul (View Post)
Can Ted and Barney be friends again... because the writer's don't know how to write Barney without Ted?
Again, exactly. I don't think I've properly appreciated the Ted/Barney dynamic until now - they work well with each other, the writers seem to be a bit lost themselves. I mean, Barney slagging off Ted in bed with Abby? I don't know, I didn't think that was really Barney.

Yeah, I agree with you all - Marshall/Lily and Ted's boots saved this episode. Not that Ted could pull it off though, he COULDN'T. And on a side note - Lily's clothes are amazing, I wish I had her wardrobe.