Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2018, 07:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

And the fans kept on denying that she wanted kids.
Old 07-27-2018, 08:19 PM
Dedicated Fan

I think she did want Ted as an option but because she knew their timing was wrong and she was afraid they would never have another chance. I also think she was scared of never finding someone she felt so strongly about like she did Ted. Of course this is all my opinion. They should have gone deeper into Robins feelings.

Mary, I agree. You can’t take everything you see on this show at face value
Old 07-28-2018, 05:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Those fans weren't paying attention, Mary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplerose82 (View Post)
I think she did want Ted as an option but because she knew their timing was wrong and she was afraid they would never have another chance. I also think she was scared of never finding someone she felt so strongly about like she did Ted. Of course this is all my opinion. They should have gone deeper into Robins feelings.

Mary, I agree. You can’t take everything you see on this show at face value
Hi, Amber! You know, I got a little sick of hearing that "timing" argument all the time. I mean, yeah, that's true, but 20 years? Really? Who waits that long to finally be in the right place in their lives at the right time? I think that was one of the most frustrating things for me. Yes, they should've gone deeper into Robin's feelings so that it could be more clear to the audience what she was going through and not just have Ted's point of view.
Old 07-28-2018, 07:43 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)

Hi, Amber! You know, I got a little sick of hearing that "timing" argument all the time. I mean, yeah, that's true, but 20 years? Really? Who waits that long to finally be in the right place in their lives at the right time? I think that was one of the most frustrating things for me. Yes, they should've gone deeper into Robin's feelings so that it could be more clear to the audience what she was going through and not just have Ted's point of view.
Haha Alex I know what you mean. Things would have been more believable if the show didn’t drag on so long. Just like how Ted loved Robin all that time just for him too let her go in one night..yeah right
Old 07-28-2018, 09:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:

Of course.

I agree with this 100%. It shouldn't have took them that long.
Old 07-29-2018, 05:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by β™₯true_crime_beauty64β™₯ (View Post)
Of course.

I agree with this 100%. It shouldn't have took them that long.
Thanks, Mary. Well, I guess they did have to wait until Ted's kids would be old enough where he could realistically be telling them this story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplerose82 (View Post)
Haha Alex I know what you mean. Things would have been more believable if the show didn’t drag on so long. Just like how Ted loved Robin all that time just for him too let her go in one night..yeah right
Hi, Amber! Well, at the very least they didn't have to let that damn wedding drag on that long. Like I said, they only needed to spend the first five or six episodes of season 9 on the wedding and then spent the rest of the season on the events leading up to the mother's death and Ted and Robin reuniting.
Old 07-29-2018, 10:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

Of course Ted's kids would be old enough.
Old 07-30-2018, 05:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Well, when were they born, again? Penny was the first, right? And she was born in 2015? So by the time she'd be fifteen it would be 2030. So for Ted to tell Penny and Luke this story any sooner they'd be maybe ten years old or younger.
Old 07-30-2018, 10:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

Perhaps.
Old 07-31-2018, 05:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah, the chronology of the show is what sucks. You know, what they should've done is have Tracy die shortly after giving birth to Luke, then Robin becomes close to Ted and his kids again, so that by the time Ted tells his kids about how he met their mother, Robin has already become their stepmother and she and Ted are already married.
Old 07-31-2018, 07:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Yeah, the chronology of the show is what sucks. You know, what they should've done is have Tracy die shortly after giving birth to Luke, then Robin becomes close to Ted and his kids again, so that by the time Ted tells his kids about how he met their mother, Robin has already become their stepmother and she and Ted are already married.
They should've done things differently.
Old 07-31-2018, 08:59 PM
Dedicated Fan

I would have loved to see Robin getting closer to the kids and the wedding for sure!
Old 08-01-2018, 07:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I agree, Mary.

Yes, Amber. I would've liked to have seen Robin doing all the things with Ted's kids that they made those crayon drawings about, like going to the beach and the zoo.

Oh yeah, Robin did tell Ted at his wedding to Stella that she liked the idea that he was still available in case she ever changed her mind about kids and marriage.
Old 08-01-2018, 10:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

They should've added that in the finale.
Old 08-01-2018, 10:10 PM
Dedicated Fan

Hi, Mary! Hi, Alex!

I wish they did add that in the finale! It would have been a nice touch

That is true Alex. I think she always wanted Ted. Further proof In β€œThe Rough Patch” when Barney and Robin are breaking up he tries to make a 40 deal with her. She says β€œoh, I already have that deal with Ted” she could have went with Barney but she stuck with Ted