Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-06-2011, 09:13 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
i mean how can they give the new character an episode and not matty? i dislike matty and stuff but still
They did that in S2 so there's a possibilty. Anwar didn't get an episode but Sketch did. Maxxie had to share but he was all over Sketch's episode so whatever. I hope Rich can answer it to us but it seems he's being secretive again so I wouldn't hold my breath.
Old 10-06-2011, 09:23 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebrave (View Post)
They did that in S2 so there's a possibilty. Anwar didn't get an episode but Sketch did.
oh right, totally forgot about that one. if sketch can get an episode of her own, then i guess anyone can lol.

Old 10-06-2011, 09:23 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idealist (View Post)
i dont know why, i still feel that liv and the new character r the ones sharing an episode, i mean how can they give the new character an episode and not matty? i dislike matty and stuff but still
I feel the same, i really want a Matty's ep, i'll to be all nervous because of Franky tho.

It's not 100% about the sharing between the Levans. just wondering where they are going to put the new character's development... if he will spend more time with Liv, a sharing episode between them makes sense too.
Old 10-06-2011, 09:27 PM
Extreme Fan

Nick was basically reduced to playing extra in Rich and Grace's episodes. Furthermore, he had a very limited role in Franky and Alo's episodes. In finale he was present only as a comic relief, and his only storyline, except the romantic mess with Liv and Mini, was basically forgotten after his episode. I mean him dealing with the mess created by his father, the perception of others and the whole emotional pressure he felt due to those two factors. His character development was largely stopped, and now we have no idea what will become of him, in contrary to almost all characters (save maybe for Alo). If he will receive Pandora's treatment, this will only serve as a question why Skins creates so many main characters, when in the end some of them are being ***** upon. The lack of consistent and complex storyline is one thing, but failing to develop and utilize characters is a big no in my book.
Old 10-06-2011, 09:39 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxcuzxme (View Post)
It's not 100% about the sharing between the Levans. just wondering where they are going to put the new character's development... if he will spend more time with Liv, a sharing episode between them makes sense too.
i was pretty confident that it was liv and the new character sharing the episode until geoff refused to answer when asked if nick/matty were sharing an episode. and like carol said, in s2 the new character got their own episode while a main character didnt, so its very much possible the new character gets an episode and matty wont. i really hope rich clears this confusion soon.

Quote:
If he will receive Pandora's treatment, this will only serve as a question why Skins creates so many main characters, when in the end some of them are being ***** upon.
**** i really hope he wont get the pandora treatment, nick is way better than that and he deserves much better.
Old 10-06-2011, 09:40 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I feel the same, i really want a Matty's ep, i'll to be all nervous because of Franky tho.
I don't know why we worry so much, really. Obviously the episode is after Franky's to show us how he's coping with the rejection in the previous episode. Obviously.

*steps out of dreamland*

Quote:
I think it's very unlikely that Liv shared her episode with the new character because it seems that they were still deciding what characters should share and episode 3 has already been filmed long time ago. Unless there was a lot of Liv in that episode and they were just like "Oh what the hell, make it a shared episode." Idk if that's possible but if they can change the episodes order while still filming them then who knows what else they can change.
Old 10-06-2011, 09:46 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appleish (View Post)
If he will receive Pandora's treatment
I hope not Nick is one of my faves.

we need this guy
Old 10-06-2011, 10:01 PM
Master Fan

The sad thing is that Nick only "existed" in Mini's and his own episode. The fact that he had zero lines in both Rich and Grace's episodes is just... wow. Speaking of Rich and Grace, they also faded into the background after Rich's episode. Well, so did Alo but at least Rich/Grace got some small scenes here and there. Do I even had to say what the problem was? FML nearly ruined the whole series. Grace actually had to share her episode with their drama. It's unacceptable. The only character that managed to stand out outside of the stupid triangle was Mini.

I wouldn't worry about Rich/Grace but Nick and Alo are very close to getting the Pandora/Anwar treatment and I don't like it.
Old 10-06-2011, 10:17 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
The sad thing is that Nick only "existed" in Mini's and his own episode. The fact that he had zero lines in both Rich and Grace's episodes is just... wow. Speaking of Rich and Grace, they also faded into the background after Rich's episode. Well, so did Alo but at least Rich/Grace got some small scenes here and there. Do I even had to say what the problem was? FML nearly ruined the whole series. Grace actually had to share her episode with their drama. It's unacceptable. The only character that managed to stand out outside of the stupid triangle was Mini.
I couldn't say it better myself. I would eagerly hear what casual viewers - those who do not love Gen3 and S5 as much as we do - have to say about FML and its impact on the plot. I am partially based due to my antipathy for Matty and this ship, yet I can argue how negative it affected others: Grace, Rich, Alo and Nick. First of all, Grace/Rich's being forced to take vows was shown in the promos as the main point of the finale. How much screen time did they receive? A bit. Was there any progress in their relationship? Not exactly, as long as you don't count a rather predictable decision to not get married. Next, both Alo and Nick existed only as comic reliefs, though Alo managed to be one of the wisest of the gang, so bonus for him. Frankly speaking, the finale should have been renamed to Matty episode with more scenes of him. It would be hard to endure, but at least we could get a better glimpse at him and understand why there's a striking dichotomy in his behavior. Or better, the writers could fix that. Right now his character is a mixture of weekly developed personalities, with antisocial maverick and coward douche being the most dominant ones.

Quote:
I wouldn't worry about Rich/Grace but Nick and Alo are very close to getting the Pandora/Anwar treatment and I don't like it.
Nah, Viobeck are the golden pair of this season and S6 won't change that. They will have their own share of drama, sadness, happiness, sex... but they won't occupy as much screen time as Freffy. I think Mini and Franky will continue to be the "main" of main characters, thus will get most of screen time, the most developed and shown storylines, the resolution, etc.
Old 10-06-2011, 10:55 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
we need this guy
Speaking of this guy...

Quote:
salruffino sal ruffino
Filming Skins on monday

Quote:
I would eagerly hear what casual viewers - those who do not love Gen3 and S5 as much as we do - have to say about FML and its impact on the plot.
That's interesting. I wish we could find someone with decent opinions and not just "I hate everyone, bring G2 back". Well, I have a friend who isn't a big fan of G3 and she finds FML laughable. She's only interested on Mini, Nick and Liv. Sometimes Rich. I have yet to see someone who actually enjoyed that storyline. I remember when we first saw the preview after Liv's episode and pretty much everyone in the discussion post on skinsfans was screaming "DO NOT WANT" at all the FML scenes. If this video is any indication, I thnk it's safe to say the majority of the viewers hated it.

Re: 508. I totally agree. I think the only Skins could redeem themselves after wasting so much screentime would be not starting another triangle in S6 but since MFM is most likely going to happen I think that possibility is doomed. Now we can only pray they won't ruin the characters like they did with Franky and Liv.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:26 PM
Extreme Fan

S6 needs more stalkers on set.

Quote:
I have yet to see someone who actually enjoyed that storyline.
My sentiments exactly. I know one Matty fan who hated that storyline as much as we do. And Fratties aren't exactly vocal about their love for FML either.

Quote:
I remember when we first saw the preview after Liv's episode and pretty much everyone in the discussion post on skinsfans was screaming "DO NOT WANT" at all the FML scenes.
I mostly remember people guessing that Matty was exiled from house because he and Nick were having incestuous relationship I think the hatred for FML on skinsfans originated in Grace's episode. I remember the people were collectively grumbling whenever Matty was on the screen.

Quote:
If this video is any indication, I thnk it's safe to say the majority of the viewers hated it.
Lmao at "Liv is evil" comment

Quote:
Re: 508. I totally agree. I think the only Skins could redeem themselves after wasting so much screentime would be not starting another triangle in S6 but since MFM is most likely going to happen I think that possibility is doomed. Now we can only pray they won't ruin the characters like they did with Franky and Liv.
I have no doubts about it. Yet Mini is playing by a wonderful actress, so no worries she will be as ruined as Liv. But Franky... if they will give her another "9/11 was beautiful" line, or worse, shown how she is too ~scared and "special" to love somebody, then we will have a problem, Houston. She already alienated potential fans after just one episode, actually, a bunch of scenes with Matty and Liv. Now she will have a long-lasting storyline and her own episode to solidify the negative perception of her.
Old 10-07-2011, 01:50 AM
Elite Fan

i know some casual viewers and the feedback i get from them is mostly they're interested in rich/grace and mini the most.
Old 10-07-2011, 02:06 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idealist (View Post)
aww this is so cute, look at how mini is looking back to see franky.
too bad she ignored her so she could have a staring contest with matty.
Quote:
i know some casual viewers and the feedback i get from them is mostly they're interested in rich/grace and mini the most.
the casual viewers i know find franky really annoying and that's mainly because of the 9/11 line. shame.

Quote:
But Franky... if they will give her another "9/11 was beautiful" line, or worse, shown how she is too ~scared and "special" to love somebody, then we will have a problem, Houston.
mte... i hope the writers don't forget who she was before all the special snowflake business started. like in 5x03 and the early episodes in general. intelligent, empathetic, confident in who she wants to be, caring, artistic etc..
Old 10-07-2011, 05:43 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Lmao at "Liv is evil" comment
I thought Mini was the Devil's spawn! How odd.

Quote:
the casual viewers i know find franky really annoying and that's mainly because of the 9/11 line. shame.
And the whole 'voice of the reason' thing. But tbh that was only because she did it three episodes in a row. It was pretty random when she was comforting Nick but then again I can't think of anyone in that episode that would have done something like that. The fact that she was willing to help someone she barely knew shows what a sweet character Franky is and should be more often. If that makes her boring then

Quote:
i hope the writers don't forget who she was before all the special snowflake business started. like in 5x03 and the early episodes in general. intelligent, empathetic, confident in who she wants to be, caring, artistic etc..
That seemed to be the direction they were heading in the finale. Let's see how long it lasts.
Old 10-07-2011, 06:19 AM
Master Fan

I just saw this

Quote:
DanDerDanDan Daniel Lovett
Off to bed post-read of banging scripts by @MissRedLester @Jess_Brittain in prep for the best read through ever for @Geoffbussetil. Noice!

Looks like Jess is writing two episodes. Either that or co-writing with Georgia.