Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-07-2011, 08:43 AM
Total Fan

I have mixed emotions about Jess handling Minky... We'll see!

Whether we see each other next week, next month, never again, it doesn't matter. It's only time.

Old 10-07-2011, 08:45 AM
Passionate Fan

I really want to know what ep is writing Georgia: the finale or one of the rest. because 6x07, 6x08 and 6x09 are still an option -_-
Old 10-07-2011, 11:16 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxcuzxme (View Post)
I really want to know what ep is writing Georgia: the finale or one of the rest. because 6x07, 6x08 and 6x09 are still an option -_-
She wrote the finale. (Spoilery link)
Old 10-07-2011, 04:37 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohannafromIHJ (View Post)
She wrote the finale. (Spoilery link)
omg Johanna! I've missed seeing you around.

Well, there's always a chance she didn't write the finale because they don't film it in order. But imo Rich did made it sound like she was writing it.
Old 10-07-2011, 06:13 PM
Absolute Fan

She better have written the finale. I can't take anymore baseball-bats.
Old 10-07-2011, 06:50 PM
Master Fan

I think it's quite... odd, for lack of a better word, that Jess is writing two episodes. If I'm not mistaken, it's her first time writing for television. It's a huge deal. Not only one episode is for the most popular character but the other might be the series finale. I really hope she's good.
Old 10-07-2011, 07:28 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebrave (View Post)
I think it's quite... odd, for lack of a better word, that Jess is writing two episodes. If I'm not mistaken, it's her first time writing for television. It's a huge deal. Not only one episode is for the most popular character but the other might be the series finale. I really hope she's good.
I kinda feel the same. Judging by the novel, she has potential imo. I don't care what the butthurt people say tbh.
Old 10-07-2011, 07:52 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I kinda feel the same. Judging by the novel, she has potential imo. I don't care what the butthurt people say tbh.
IA. She kept everyone in character and the storylines were interesting imo.

Old 10-07-2011, 08:17 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
IA. She kept everyone in character and the storylines were interesting imo.
Yep, and i don't know why some people like to be blind about that. I was very impressed about how good the characters were written in the novel. For example, Rich and Alo, and Grace... or Liv, for example, she wrote Liv in one of her good ways: being a good friend, keeping all the essence of Liv. And all the Mini-Liv thing was excellent.

Old 10-07-2011, 08:35 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Yep, and i don't know why some people like to be blind about that.
Most people that talk **** about the novel haven't even read it.

I've said this before, If I had to point out one thing that bothered me was that Mini's relationship with Nick was different from what we saw in her episode. Not all of it, most parts were accurate but in the novel, we're sort of lead to believe that the reason she didn't want to have sex with him was because she's gay and we don't really see that in the episode. I can't remember now if there was any mention of her body issues in the novel, was there? But anyway, that's the only thing really. I think the rest was well written.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:16 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Because if people have different opinions, than they must be either butthurt, blind or they haven't read the novel

My stance? Like Carol said, she has no experiences with professionally writing for TV. I could see her tackling a character she has an understanding of (IMO, Mini progressed in the novel), but I cannot say the same about writing TWO episodes, with a chance of the second one being everyone, hence the closure for not only the whole season but the entire gen! I won't delude myself - the writing quality was low, and some of characters were flat and not fascinating, compared to what we have seen in S5. If she didn't improve by now, so be it. At least S5 was worth watching and I won't never regret spending my time on it.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:19 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
I can't remember now if there was any mention of her body issues in the novel, was there?
Nothing i can remember now. I think i have to re-read it lol but yeah you're right, we didn't get anything explicit about Mini's issues, but personally, I didn't take Mini's negative to sleep with Nick only because she was gay, she was actually insecure about she was feeling at the moment. And the novel shows Mini is all about to keep the ~perfect thing~ in her life, and everything about that. She was actually in love with Nick mainly because of the image they both projected together.
I think Mini's negative to sleep with Nick was because she didn't feel comfortable in doing it, and in her episode she did it because she thought she was losing him...
She wanted to be perfect in every way and that's what we got entirely in her episode, about her issues about having perfect weight and stuff.
Old 10-08-2011, 07:58 AM
Addicted Fan

wow, i just realised it's sunday tomorrow. here's hoping we get something other than a hand?
Old 10-08-2011, 08:21 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by raybanchica (View Post)
wow, i just realised it's sunday tomorrow. here's hoping we get something other than a hand?
He said no more hand pics and that we could ask anything we want. We'll see.
Old 10-08-2011, 08:24 AM
Addicted Fan