Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2012, 05:24 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark-Zero (View Post)
Or that, never though about that. I wonder if some Skins fans every make a life decision based off something that happened in skins. For example, someone decides to chase their companion across the world at hopes of regaining their relationship.
i learn a lot from shows and movies i watch and i'm not going to say skins hasn't affected a decision i made, one way or the other. because it did. in many ways, the show changed my life, esp gen one.
Old 05-17-2012, 05:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I think most people love gen 1, no matter how they feel about the next 2 gens. It's just its been a long time since it was on air. I think the gen 1 boards might liven up if s7 happens.
Gen 1 will always be my favourite gen. ****s all over the other gens imo.
Old 05-19-2012, 07:10 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ride the lightning (View Post)
Gen 1 will always be my favourite gen. ****s all over the other gens imo.
hear, hear! do we know if jack thorne's tweeted anything about the specials?
Old 05-21-2012, 10:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

I haven't been keeping up to date I really hope Tony, Chelle, Sid & Cassie come back at least. I'd love Jal & Maxxie to come back too, I don't think we'll see Anwar again though.
Old 05-27-2012, 12:24 AM
Elite Fan

funny because whenever news of the film and the special eps, they always only keep mtnioning nick and dev because they're now the "famous" ones.
Old 07-16-2012, 12:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

just finished rewatching series 1-2 and it was awesome! the pilot totally made me remember what it was i initially loved about the show, which i always seem to forget, but i still pretty much feel the same way about a lot of things. i'd say, while sid/cassie still make me swoon in the beginning, their tumultuous relationship makes it harder to root for them towards the end. and michelle having to apologize to cassie is bs! i never thought that before. lol. also, tony/michelle don't get enough time to sort their sht out in two. just saying. chris/jal, in both seasons, is where it's at tbh. their friendship, then affair, is so damn wonderful! plus, i'm pretty sure cassie was going to say she had feelings for chris right before he died. i never picked up on that until NOW! srsly? wut? then she bounced out before his funeral? yea, bitch! also sid/tony and tony/effy forever! those two ships have never changed for me. sigh.
Old 07-16-2012, 01:37 PM
Master Fan

You're so right, Tony/Sid and Tony/Effy will always be my favourite relationships in the show. You make me want to rewatch gen1!
★ Mel • born backwardscredit;
Old 07-18-2012, 04:10 AM
Elite Fan

rip gen one, looks like you won't be getting a special.
Old 07-21-2012, 10:07 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisztomania (View Post)
rip gen one, looks like you won't be getting a special.
Could be the best outcome.

Gen 1 was very carefully crafted. To add to it without detracting from it would be difficult even under the most favorable conditions. Even with JB and BE keeping tight control and writing it all. And even with Nick Hoult coming back (which he won't be).

Gen 1 is a redemption story with some really artful use of symbolism and metaphor to address the question of how we might love better than we do -- why "nobody ever loves anybody properly" -- without being "preachy," without doing it in dialogue. To capture the moral dimension without being "preachy" was the explicit goal stated by BE, JB, Thorne and E4 managers in 2006. On that, see "Teen dramas: down with the kids," by Liz Hoggard, The Independent, 16 November 2006.

About all one might do in s7 that would add value to gen 1 is to make the surreal moral symbolism and metaphors more explicit, forcing viewers to see the artistry they often miss in gen 1. Sort of like what SKINS did in the penultimate episode of s4 -- in which the show turns into a self-reflexive essay in how to interpret Tony's "getting hit by a bus" -- only more so.

Chris Miles has to stay dead - he's the part of us that must die, and knows it must die, for us to grow up. And Sid and Cassie can't come back - they're really the (initially repressed) good part of Tony and the (resulting) needy, wounded part of Michelle. Sid saving Cassie and Tony truly loving Michele aren't two stories, they're one story, as Tony almost says explicitly at the end of his dream episode, s2e6. When Sid and Cassie go off to their reward in an Eden-like New York (a paradise replete with Adam and an apple), it's because Tony has managed to actualize the Sid part of himself and so Michelle no longer has a Cassie part of herself. At bottom, there's something mystical in gen 1 about all of us really being one self, about love's power to overcome individuation, and I think that's why it was called "SKINS."

You can't bring Chris, Cassie or Sid back as 22-year-olds distinct from Tony and Michele without destroying that morally significant symbolism. So any s7 episodes for gen 1 must be set in the time before Tony's redemption is complete - during or before the time period covered by gen 1. What's left? If there are s7 episodes developing gen 1, I wouldn't be surprised if we end up spending tthem at a comatose Tony's bedside, slowly realizing that the bus was a metaphor, and that we're all in a dream, mere aspects of a single personality that will awaken only if and when we all understand what's happening, give up our individual selves, and merge. Recall that s2e6, Tony's dream episode, was the one JB most enjoyed writing.
Old 07-21-2012, 10:06 PM
Elite Fan

finnegan, you're actually making me feel better we're not getting a special from the things you pointed above. but i really was hoping they at least bring back tony to wrap up effy's storyline.
Old 07-21-2012, 11:04 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Gen 1 was very carefully crafted. To add to it without detracting from it would be difficult even under the most favorable conditions. Even with JB and BE keeping tight control and writing it all. And even with Nick Hoult coming back (which he won't be).
You make me feel better, Finnegan I'm disappointed Tony won't be in it, but at this rate it could be for the best.
Old 07-29-2012, 03:09 AM
Loyal Fan

Im not sure who they would bring back for Gen 1. I wish they would just tell us.
Franky/Matty, Sid/Cassie, Effy/Freddie, Sid/Tony, Freddie/Cook, Rich/Alo, Naomi/Emily, Franky/Grace
One of Franky's biggest stans.
Old 08-02-2012, 03:19 PM
Master Fan

Maybe it's "just" Sid and Cassie?
Old 08-03-2012, 02:22 AM
Loyal Fan

Would be fine to me if it was only Sid and Cassie but i do need to see Tony somewhere. Those are the only 3 i really want to see from Gen 1 the most.
Franky/Matty, Sid/Cassie, Effy/Freddie, Sid/Tony, Freddie/Cook, Rich/Alo, Naomi/Emily, Franky/Grace
One of Franky's biggest stans.
Old 08-04-2012, 05:23 AM
Elite Fan

i guess sid and cassie would make sense but then the setting would have to be definitely in nyc.