Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-12-2009, 08:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

Honestly I dont think it has to do with the writing completely in regards to who people ship. I mean, my favorite couples are all over the place. I ship couples that are opposites, I ship couples that are the same. I ship couples that are perceived as the "meant to be" ship, I ship couples that are sooo wrong for each other, I ship couples that are all about sex, I ship couples that other see as "sibling"ish. I just am all over the map.

I think what it comes down to most of the time is chemistry. Either you feel it or you dont. And everyone has different opinions. Chemistry is subjective and there is no sense in arguing it.

I love Freddie/Effy, I really do, but I am not biased into thinking that they will work out. This is skins, and they dont seem to go down the normal route that other shows go down. I really dont think that Cook/Effy fans have to worry. Its clear that things will get better for them. I mean, just look at the opening credits? I think that the writers will bring it back around to them as much as I hate to say it.

So cant you just let us Freffy fans have our time? Its no fun coming into a thread and hearing everyone bash them.

:/
Old 02-12-2009, 08:15 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlywicked_rest (View Post)
I'm just feeling really bad for Panda now because she's so regretting the whole Cookup. And I wasn't surprised when effy didn't tell on her to Thomas and she just said, "don't be a t***. Hug your girlfriend." that whole scene was sad. I wonder what's next what the whole Emily/Naomi thing. I think Naomi will board a first class trip to denial.
I hope it doesn't come out. idk, I feel like Effy won't tell unless she's feeling mean but if she didn't tell in that scene she won't. I don't think Cook would... idk though. If he did it would be like a silly comment and then an uh oh was that not supposed to be said thing ha Pandora might tell him but Thomas def. has had sex before and it was strictly educational
Old 02-12-2009, 08:18 PM
Master Fan

So I really enjoyed this episode

Panda - Ok,so sometimes Pandora annoys me to bits but I think that when she calms down and stops trying to get people to like her,she is just AWESOME.I love her simple smile and I think that Pandora is just the classic case of someone who truly thinks the world is good.It makes her such the opposite of Effy.

Pandora/Effy - Ok...after this episode,I freaking this relationship.Before this episode,their relationship was one dimensional but I think that through this season,they're going to grow together even more.First off,one of my favorite parts of the episode was the beginning when Effy was upset and Pandora held her hand.It was such an understated moment and honestly,to answer Effy's question,THAT is why they're friends.They are complete opposites and that's why they need each other.Effy gets Pandora out of her comfort zone and Pandora reminds Effy that there is good in the world.I also loved the end scene.Pandora was right...Effy obviously hasn't taken the time to know her but I think what Pandora doesn't realize is that Effy is afraid to let anyone all the way in.The only person she lets in is Tony.But overall,I love their relationship and it's now one of my favorite parts of the show.It also feels very real

Effy - Wow..thank god we finally more real human being Effy Poor Effy was actually extremely affected by her parents' issues in a way I didn't expect.Kaya looked beautiful in all her scenes...man.

Emily/Naomi - I still wish I knew their background a bit.I do like them...but I want to get to Emily and Naomi's episodes already so I can find out more about what makes them tick.

Katie - Up until now,I hated Katie but who would have thought? This episode,Katie came out as being likable! Who knew? It makes me wonder if Katie puts on the "act" at school and all that.It seems like in a private setting,at Pandora's party,Katie could just relax and act like her true self.Skins surprised me with this one...I was ready to write her off as being the 'mean girl' who remains mean until her episode but I was proven wrong.Katie is awesome!

JJ - Oh JJ.He's so adorable.Reminds me a more innocent Seth Cohen.I also can't wait until his episode and I can't wait until the day he finally stands up to both Freddy and Cook! Love their friendship but JJ needs to find himself outside of them.

Cook - Wow...Jack certainly pulls off sex scenes.He's like a pro.They are always hot.First,I thought it was just Jack/Kaya's chemistry but obviously Jack has his own stuff because I would have NEVER suspected the Pandora/Cook hook up to be hot! *fans self*

And now the big part of the episode:
Freddy/Effy/Cook/Pandora - Ok,well first off...wow.On the positive side,the Pandora/Cook hook up was way better than I expected.I feared Cook would come off looking like a creep but honestly,I don't think he did.He genuinely wanted to help Pandora and it's not like he initiated it.He asked her and then she kissed him.And the Twister game proves that it was just sex.I think Cook genuinely loves Pandora's company and visa versa and so it all came off feeling like a friendship moment.

Ok...now about Freddie/Effy.I'm sorry...but I really don't like them.Personally,I think they're both seeing what they want and feel they need in each other.Effy is of course Freddie's "dream girl" and I feel like from their conversation this episode,Freddie is what Effy feels like she needs.She thinks if she finds a "good true guy" that suddenly she'll be happy and she can be like that.But what Effy needs to accept is that's not her.it never has been.Think of her first episode in S1: she is different than everyone else.She sees the world differently.She doesn't need a romantic.I think in a way she already has that in Pandora.I just felt the Freddy/Effy conversation was very much one sided...I think Effy thinks she wanted what she thinks Freddy is.Also,I really don't see the chemistry between the two.And lastly,I hate the whole 'good guy turns bad girl good' storyline.

So to sum it up,I hope Freffy explore each other and then realize they should just be friends Also,I am desperately looking forward to next episode because I WANT to like Freddy but right now,I really don't.Right now,he seems to 'high and mighty good guy' to me.And I hate those kinds of characters.Actually...right now this whole triangle reminds me quite alot of Jack/Kate/Sawyer from Lost Anyway,I hope next episode,I see the deeper side of Freddy and then can like him because right now,he's the only character I don't like.

Lastly,so that this post doesn't turn epic in its length,I still have hope for Cook/Effy but it's obviously going to take some time.They need to both stop being scared to let people in.I'm hoping maybe that through exploring Freddy,Effy will realize she needs to let people in more and then maybe realize that she really wants to let Cook in...because I think that if Effy ever did open herself up alittle to Cook,he would drop his 'cool horny carefree guy' act for a second and let her in.I don't think what Pandora said was right...I just think it's a good way to open up Freffy being explored.But I still have faith in my C/E
thinking maybe you'll get it back and then you realize it's just gone.
banner: Brittany
Old 02-12-2009, 08:48 PM
Absolute Fan

By far the best episode of the season, I'm still emotional over it.
Old 02-12-2009, 08:54 PM
Master Fan

I love how they're giving us both the intense, angsty, emotional stuff & the funny, sweet, happy things and balancing it really well.
Old 02-12-2009, 08:54 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
I love Freddie/Effy, I really do, but I am not biased into thinking that they will work out. This is skins, and they dont seem to go down the normal route that other shows go down. I really dont think that Cook/Effy fans have to worry. Its clear that things will get better for them. I mean, just look at the opening credits? I think that the writers will bring it back around to them as much as I hate to say it.

So cant you just let us Freffy fans have our time? Its no fun coming into a thread and hearing everyone bash them.

i have the same thing in mind, except end mine with a ive accepted it already: Freffy wont last for too long

Whether we see each other next week, next month, never again, it doesn't matter. It's only time.

Old 02-12-2009, 09:50 PM
Loyal Fan

A random thought..

I would've thought Effy would've called Tony, when she found out about her mother's affair. I know the old cast is out of this series, but I wonder if he'll be involved at all..
Old 02-12-2009, 10:05 PM
Graphics Team

Quote:
Honestly I dont think it has to do with the writing completely in regards to who people ship. I mean, my favorite couples are all over the place. I ship couples that are opposites, I ship couples that are the same. I ship couples that are perceived as the "meant to be" ship, I ship couples that are sooo wrong for each other, I ship couples that are all about sex, I ship couples that other see as "sibling"ish. I just am all over the map.

I think what it comes down to most of the time is chemistry. Either you feel it or you dont. And everyone has different opinions. Chemistry is subjective and there is no sense in arguing it.

don't be upset and please don't give up too soon. i mean i know what i'm talking about, after 5 years of shipping BL. anyway you'll regret giving up. everything is out in the open... with skins everything is possible.
Old 02-12-2009, 10:35 PM
Master Fan

So I just watched it and I loved it so much. Just like everyone else has been saying, the ep was so amazing.

Effy, my god. If I hadn't fallen in love with you in s1, I DEFINITELY would now. That ep was so poignantly hers and I'm glad we got to see a crack in her otherwise detached exterior. I love that you can see a pattern in Effy and that she needs her surroundings to be ok and working well in order for her to be herself. If her homelife is all focked, then she can't function properly. I think what we saw from her in s1 is the true Effy, at the core. After Tony's accident everything started to snowball, and she couldn't pass by invisibly anymore. The more of a mess her surroundings are, the more and more it effects her. You could see in s2 and now even more in s3 where she's begun to spiral herself out of her own controlled world.

Her relationship with Pandora is so perfect in so many ways because they're literally each others yin and yang. The scene by the water was so perfect and I loved that she asked outloud why they're friends and Panda just simply said the truth. Because they either don't pose a threat or need each other. Their scene in the bathroom and the end were heartbreaking since they really have a much deeper connection than they realize. I mean, Effy's the only person who understands Pandora's weird little language! How cute is that! And Pandora throughout the whole ep was so brilliantly played. A mix of so many emotions and each one was so clear until they all muffled together and burst.

Cook...ooh Cookie. So much love. I adore that he's so free and just looking for a good time and never rejects anyone. He genuinely likes to help ppl, I feel and it's so cute. His scene with Pandora playing twister was adorable. So adorable and I ADORE how they have nicknames for each other. She's "Panda" and he's "Cookie". It's so unbelievably cute. Their sex scene was definitely nice and hot, I loved that there was a difference in how he treated her and how we saw him previously with Effy. There was nothing rough here. It was all soft and tender.

JJ annoyed the piss outta me. First time for everything I guess but I didn't understand why he had to tattle tale and call Freddie like some kind of insane crime is being committed. He came off as mentally retarded in this ep and it just bothered me so much. I wanted him off my screen most of the time because he was just reminding me of Freddie.

Freddie, I've come to actually hate...or dislike greatly. He's just so self righteous and pompous towards everyone. He, suddenly, is JJ's savior and Cook's the villain in his story. Effy's the **** and he's the prince of the land. Like STFU and DIAF, jesus. The whole thing just grated on my nerves and I couldn't take Effy chasing after him simply cause I really don't like their pairing. I don't think he's deserving of her. Not to say I think Cook is either, I just feel because Cook is so blunt about his intentions and neither one want to actually date each other that their union is cool. But Freddie's just annoying, I'm waiting for next week to finally decide whether or not I hate him but everything up till now has been so dewshy that I don't see it looking better from here.

Naomi, awww, it was so nice to see her smile. And her scene with Emily? Awww! I ship them now. I liked that Emily couldn't say what she wanted but Naomi knew and their scene in the jumpy thing was sweet. I didn't like that Katie found out that way, I would've much rather Emily blurt it out but...

Also, I feel this has to go into the review....um, the music of tonight's ep? Focking awesome! I did LOL at Girls Aloud being included in the music selection - it tickled me - but the music was all awesome. The final song was lovely and I loved Love Lockdown during Cookie/Panda sex.
Old 02-12-2009, 11:45 PM
Master Fan

You know, Skins, it said that Cook would always know Freddie would bail him out - but instead, Freddie's off with Effy or in this case, JJ. I liked the Freddie/JJ scene and all, but come on, couldn't he have gone back in to look for Cook and bring him, too?

So, I hated the whole Naomi/Emily thing. Emily tells her she wanted her at the party, Naomi asks her 'didn't we go over this' (or something like that) and she makes fun of 'muff eaters'. And they say denial is more than a river in Egypt, but that was just crude. But Emily is so ~in love~ with that she'll forgive Naomi anything, which I think is weak for her character too. I also didn't like her staring at Naomi like all the time, it's becoming obsessive by now. And I had such high hopes for these two, Skins. Pity. (Can Emily get with Effy now?)

Effy/Pandora, love you. And I loved Cook for playing twister with her.
Old 02-12-2009, 11:49 PM
Elite Fan

I have to say, I'm not like you guys with the whole "this episode was great" and "Cook is a guy who loves sex... and helps people" because I thought it was downright sleezy and just... he lost a few points from me. He knows that is Effy's mate. I just... I'm not saying I want Effy with Freddie... it was just so selfish and back-handed. And it sucks that this all happens after Effy's parents split. It was just a case of bad timing. And I didn't love Panda's line to Effy about "not really wanting him" --- She lost some points too. I'm glad Thomas came back, but he needs to find someone with less drama. Eeek!

Otherwise, it was a fun episode. It had it's moments... but alot of it was cringeworthy.

Next week --- Can't wait to see Freddie's episode. I feel like s3 has been so bad to his character. We got alot of him in episode 1, but ever since it's been that he's a stick-in-the-mud/judegemental... and I'd like to see just HIM. Plus, he's gorgeous.

While I didn't love the Cook/Panda context --- playing Twister and the sex scene was hot!

I did enjoy the Emily/Naomi bits, though. But other than kissing and talking about the past, we didn't get much movement. Obviously, Naomi is going to write it off as they were high... when Emily totally was into it. She even admitted she was gay.

kenny | credit
Old 02-12-2009, 11:51 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalnoob (View Post)
So I just watched it and I loved it so much. Just like everyone else has been saying, the ep was so amazing.

Effy, my god. If I hadn't fallen in love with you in s1, I DEFINITELY would now. That ep was so poignantly hers and I'm glad we got to see a crack in her otherwise detached exterior. I love that you can see a pattern in Effy and that she needs her surroundings to be ok and working well in order for her to be herself. If her homelife is all focked, then she can't function properly. I think what we saw from her in s1 is the true Effy, at the core. After Tony's accident everything started to snowball, and she couldn't pass by invisibly anymore. The more of a mess her surroundings are, the more and more it effects her. You could see in s2 and now even more in s3 where she's begun to spiral herself out of her own controlled world.

Her relationship with Pandora is so perfect in so many ways because they're literally each others yin and yang. The scene by the water was so perfect and I loved that she asked outloud why they're friends and Panda just simply said the truth. Because they either don't pose a threat or need each other. Their scene in the bathroom and the end were heartbreaking since they really have a much deeper connection than they realize. I mean, Effy's the only person who understands Pandora's weird little language! How cute is that! And Pandora throughout the whole ep was so brilliantly played. A mix of so many emotions and each one was so clear until they all muffled together and burst.

Cook...ooh Cookie. So much love. I adore that he's so free and just looking for a good time and never rejects anyone. He genuinely likes to help ppl, I feel and it's so cute. His scene with Pandora playing twister was adorable. So adorable and I ADORE how they have nicknames for each other. She's "Panda" and he's "Cookie". It's so unbelievably cute. Their sex scene was definitely nice and hot, I loved that there was a difference in how he treated her and how we saw him previously with Effy. There was nothing rough here. It was all soft and tender.

JJ annoyed the piss outta me. First time for everything I guess but I didn't understand why he had to tattle tale and call Freddie like some kind of insane crime is being committed. He came off as mentally retarded in this ep and it just bothered me so much. I wanted him off my screen most of the time because he was just reminding me of Freddie.

Freddie, I've come to actually hate...or dislike greatly. He's just so self righteous and pompous towards everyone. He, suddenly, is JJ's savior and Cook's the villain in his story. Effy's the **** and he's the prince of the land. Like STFU and DIAF, jesus. The whole thing just grated on my nerves and I couldn't take Effy chasing after him simply cause I really don't like their pairing. I don't think he's deserving of her. Not to say I think Cook is either, I just feel because Cook is so blunt about his intentions and neither one want to actually date each other that their union is cool. But Freddie's just annoying, I'm waiting for next week to finally decide whether or not I hate him but everything up till now has been so dewshy that I don't see it looking better from here.

Naomi, awww, it was so nice to see her smile. And her scene with Emily? Awww! I ship them now. I liked that Emily couldn't say what she wanted but Naomi knew and their scene in the jumpy thing was sweet. I didn't like that Katie found out that way, I would've much rather Emily blurt it out but...

Also, I feel this has to go into the review....um, the music of tonight's ep? Focking awesome! I did LOL at Girls Aloud being included in the music selection - it tickled me - but the music was all awesome. The final song was lovely and I loved Love Lockdown during Cookie/Panda sex.
I agree with every last detail. You've basically expressed exactly how I feel, only much more eloquently. Heh.
Old 02-13-2009, 12:21 AM
Master Fan

I don't get the whole Effy/Cook thing...the show hasn't shown to us that they are anything more than sex. Have they had a single meaningful scene yet? It seems like Skins is going out of there way to show they aren't that great together (as of right now) because of the"You don't care about anything, do you?" and her and Freedie's scenes, and then Panda telling her that Cook wasn't the one that Effy wanted.

I think the scenes with Pandora tonight brought out a more human side to Cook which I liked seeing. Because Cook seriously is a not okay character. He's darling and everything, but wasn't really anything special til the scenes tonight with Pandora. I want to see more of him helping other people.

I really love the Effy/Pandora friendship and I feel like Effy was hurt by the reason Pandora gave for why they are friends. I hope they're okay now because I just adore them.

Love Thomas...but so sad.

Freedie is a good guy, and i love how he watches out for JJ. Don't like the whole Freedie Vs Cook/Freedie hating on Cook aspect though.

I actually liked Katie tonight.
Old 02-13-2009, 12:26 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodobaggins07 (View Post)
By far the best episode of the season, I'm still emotional over it.
Tell me about it! It’s been hours since I’ve seen it and I still can’t get over how amazing it was. I think it’s my favourite episode of Skins ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harl3yquinn (View Post)
I loved it sooo much, this is for sure my favorite episode so far, this series just keeps getting better and better. I absolutely adore every character in this show, I can't even believe how in love with it I am. Effy was so great, I feel like we completely saw a different side of her, why I've always loved her before, I think she's amazing now. Katie's growing on me in a way, her boyfriend on the otherhand.. can gtfo. lol. I love Pandora in every way, her innocence and curiosity is endearing. I loved her mom.. so hilarious. And her and Cook were great together.. I also felt like we saw a different side of Cook, which I've been waiting for. He sincerely seemed like he wanted to teach her the things she wanted to know, not just get a quick lay out of it. I like that Effy and Pandora's relationship reached a new level. Their friendship is so important, and I think they're going to balance eachother out really well. And then... Thomas came back. Which I'm thrilled about, but I couldn't help but tear up at the whole thing.. why couldn't he have come a day earlier?? why why why? lol.. Loved it<3
That’s exactly how I felt. I’m not really a fan of Cook, but I really liked him during tonight’s episode. His scenes with Pandora were adorable. I much prefer Cook when he’s being sincere (ex. Being genuinely amused by JJ’s magic tricks in the season premiere) and now the twister with Pandora. He comes off as much less arrogant and much more down to earth.

I think Effy/Panda have surpassed Michelle/Jal as my favourite Skins friendship. They have this really special connection I can’t help but deeply adore.

Quote:

I completely agree. A lot of my ships are like that too, although the majority of the time I tend to lean more towards couples that "go together". I suppose OTPness can be subjective too. I guess it really depends.
Old 02-13-2009, 01:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

I definitely like Katie now too. I didnt at all at first, but I think I like her more than Emily now. I just like that she lets loose and has fun. The brownie thing was priceless and I loved the scene where she was laughing with Naomi, it was funny.

Jack is definitely hot. That sex scene was intense.

I could get behind Effy/Cook if done right. I think Cook has potential, but right now hes just not boyfriend material and I think that Effy could use a good guy in her life which is why I like Freddy/Effy. And yeah, I feel like Freddie is a bit "high and mighty" right now. I wish he would loosen up a bit because he does come off as a bit of a wet blanket at times, but at the same time, I like that hes the responsible one. The way that he saved JJ was just so cute.

Quote:
He came off as mentally retarded in this ep
LOLZ. I thought that was kind of funny. Why was he all shaky and stuff at the party? Kind of weird.
Quote:
I don't get the whole Effy/Cook thing...the show hasn't shown to us that they are anything more than sex. Have they had a single meaningful scene yet? It seems like Skins is going out of there way to show they aren't that great together (as of right now) because of the"You don't care about anything, do you?" and her and Freedie's scenes, and then Panda telling her that Cook wasn't the one that Effy wanted.
I agree with this, which is why I cant understand what the writers are doing. I mean, they are setting things up to look like E/F are gonna get together, but based on the opening credits where C/E are together almost ever second, I really think the writers want to go with Cook/Effy.

Its the same thing that happened to me last year. I shipped Michelle/Sid and then the show went with Tony/Michelle and Sid/Cassie for most of the time. S/M got their time but it was brief and ended quickly.

Idont understand the writers really.