Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-12-2009, 06:37 PM
Master Fan

ugh i hated Freddie more. Boy had a stick up his butt haha but i loved everything that didn't involve him. Skins really is so well written. And I loved Katie in it! YEY I knew I would warm up to her!! I have to complain that I hate how they never seem to put closure on the twins & naomi in episodes, they always just disappear! I guess its cause they don't have much drama yet but i mean, Katie saw them, I dont want to wait til the second to last episode for more of them.

this totally isn't a full review but just <3 C/E, Cook, Panda, C/P cutest twister pals(i liked that they were really cute and sweet together but really not in a romantic way). Naomily were great. Naomi ftw. Emily... i was a bit unsure of in this ep. I loved her but there were some parts that I wasn't feeling her awesome has much. I think she's just a bit touchy with her new gay revelation/admittance.
Old 02-12-2009, 06:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Katie for the win She was just awesome tonight
Old 02-12-2009, 06:43 PM
Master Fan

I loved her spiking the Brownies, I got so excited hahah

also, I LOVED the music in tonights ep. I can't wait for the music list to go up, but i already have living on a prayer <3
Old 02-12-2009, 06:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

My favorite song they used was 'Love Lockdown' <3
Old 02-12-2009, 06:54 PM
Total Fan

Okay, round table time!

to say that Panda surprised me would be an understatement. although its already been hinted that she'll pop her cherry on this ep i didn't have a hint of idea on how it goes. i can say it was too much too soon for Panda, as she took a bite of the curiousity cake a bit too soon. i just know her and thomas will break my heart. she might think this makes her grownup, but lets face it: it will be one of those teenager mistakes she'd rather pretend never existed.

Thomas was hours too late, and i wonder how he'll take the fact that she lost her virginity on another guy while they are together. i swear, i won't take it right if this two fall apart..

Emily and Naomi may hae exhibited total hot hot lesbian smooches, and i liked them. its just that its starting to come across as, "hey i could be gay but im so not! now lets kiss!" i ship them, but i just want to explore an attraction that's beyond physical they're both too stunning on the ep btw.

Katie was tolerable this episode. The truth is, i think the scene where she could only be surprised by the NaoMily kiss shows that she's been looking out for Ems all along, thinking Naomi has been taking advantage of her. i hope they start shining more light on her dynamic.

Cook was the sexiest ****** ever! although his lack of regard for teen pregnancy and sexually transmitted infections () is disturbing, i wouldn't mind coming into that closet with him.

and yes, you know its coming: Freffy

i don't get the bashing Freffy has to take. because srsly, every guy i know is a cook. so yes, some ppl might find him unbeliveable, ridiculous and hypocritical b/c he is somewhat unreal. but then, i've met boys like freddie and lemme tell you, after all the fun you have with a cook, you'll always come running back to a freddie. always have, always will. i've said this before: has chivalry become so overlooked that women are degraded to settling to a man who's all sex and no passion?

effy has just let her wall down and i love it. her liking freddie makes absolute sense, b/c two yins can't mix. effy's smitten with freddie, but doesn't quite know how to handle it b/c she prolly has never felt that way. i'd love to see what changes effy will undergo.

overall, GREAT EP!

Whether we see each other next week, next month, never again, it doesn't matter. It's only time.

Old 02-12-2009, 07:00 PM
Master Fan

haha but Cook did say in his ep that his COOKIE is clean ahah he must get checked out
Old 02-12-2009, 07:04 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTG11687 (View Post)
I loved her spiking the Brownies, I got so excited hahah

also, I LOVED the music in tonights ep. I can't wait for the music list to go up, but i already have living on a prayer <3
Yeah, I've been checking the E4 website but it's not up yet. It was sooooo good ! I loved everybit of it.
Old 02-12-2009, 07:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber0izza (View Post)
i've said this before: has chivalry become so overlooked that women are degraded to settling to a man who's all sex and no passion?
My dislike of Freffy has little to do with the fact Freddie's a nice guy I just don't think he's right for Effy because I rarely believe in 'opposites attract' couples. I think those never work in the long run. So while I get the Freffy appeal (since people like different kinds of relationship) I'm just not into the dynamic and I'd rather see her with Cook, 'cause they have so much potential for a messed up, angsty, 'I hate you but I love you' relationship, and that's what I dig It's just a matter of taste, really.
Old 02-12-2009, 07:11 PM
Master Fan

Cook's a 17 year old boy.... I think he's allowed to be all sex. and He has his issues to work out too they're just very deeply rooted into his being.

My problem with Freffy is simply who they are as individuals makes me completely not buy them as a couple. I love my opposites attract ships. My top couple is Naley. But Effy's not just a poor little rich boy with an overbearing father which leads him to act out. She's Effy b/c she's Effy, if that makes sense. & Cook's .... still a bit of a mystery <3
Old 02-12-2009, 07:18 PM
Total Fan

to each his/her own

Whether we see each other next week, next month, never again, it doesn't matter. It's only time.

Old 02-12-2009, 07:22 PM
Master Fan

word.

I also randomly wanna say I love the insame number of nicknames this series has. Reminds me of my own life where my friends have a new one for me every week.

Double-J, Gay J, JJ, Cook, Effy, Panda, Fredster, Cookie, Ems... okay in list form not as much but there's a new one or two every episode.
Old 02-12-2009, 07:28 PM
Total Fan

yes we could go on forever and ever about it! Luca, Pass, Eff, Cookie Monster, Fun Sponge...

oh, thing is, like ive said before, looks like it wont matter to me now who's end game, b/c what counts are the moments a ship share. look at chelle/sid. they're not end game but they've made such impact in a matter of being together for 4-5 episodes tops.

Old 02-12-2009, 07:54 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conspiracy (View Post)
So while I get the Freffy appeal (since people like different kinds of relationship) I'm just not into the dynamic and I'd rather see her with Cook, 'cause they have so much potential for a messed up, angsty, 'I hate you but I love you' relationship, and that's what I dig It's just a matter of taste, really.
See..if I thought I saw the potential for the kind of love/hate relationship between Effy and Cook then yeah, I could watch it. At the moment though - all I see quite a multilayered, mysterious Effy, a character that we knew already from the old Skins and that we want to root for, having gratuitous sex with Cook - who to me is very much a what you see is what you get individual - charismatic, sparkly, party animal - but at the moment anyway seems rather superficial. Nothing terribly three-dimensional, complex or even very relatable about him. I can certainly forsee alot of angst in a possible Effy/Cook pairing but unfortunately all I see is the angst coming from Effy's side. Cook will be Cook and that's it.

I think part of the reason for my distaste for the Effy/Cook pairing is because I find Cook a little bit repulsive as a character - he's not just juvenile, I find him rather infantile. I've never been quite so against a Skins character before - they tend to be quite well crafted such that we can relate to them as real human beings, not as chavvy caricatures.

To be perfectly frank though, I don't see much potential in the Effy/Freddie pairing either - the dynamic in that reads a bit too much like Effy/Tony for me to see past it, lol. Sure there's the angst and all now, but ultimately I think Freddie is too grounded for someone like Effy. Freddie is definitely the Sid of S3. He likes Effy and is interested in her, but she won't make him happy. He'd be a really great friend for her though, but Effy needs to stop playing with him. I'm not sure she knows quite what she wants yet, but I hope she'll figure it out soon. She's my favourite character, if only because she's Tony's little sister, lol.
Old 02-12-2009, 07:59 PM
Extreme Fan

I'm just feeling really bad for Panda now because she's so regretting the whole Cookup. And I wasn't surprised when effy didn't tell on her to Thomas and she just said, "don't be a t***. Hug your girlfriend." that whole scene was sad. I wonder what's next what the whole Emily/Naomi thing. I think Naomi will board a first class trip to denial.
Old 02-12-2009, 08:00 PM
Loyal Fan

I finally saw it! This is gonna be long, so here we go...I loved it sooo much, this is for sure my favorite episode so far, this series just keeps getting better and better. I absolutely adore every character in this show, I can't even believe how in love with it I am. Effy was so great, I feel like we completely saw a different side of her, why I've always loved her before, I think she's amazing now. I'm for C/E all the way, but it was refreshing to see Effy acting the way she did towards Freddie, cause we've never see her act so taken by a guy before. But I still don't see any of the sparks, that C/E have<3 On that note i loved loved loved all the scenes with C/E, that look they gave eachother through the window was it.. so cute. <3 Katie's growing on me in a way, her boyfriend on the otherhand.. can gtfo. lol.. I like the idea of E/N, and I like the fact that there "relationship" is coming out into the open.. how many more people can walk in on them/see them. hehe.. I just hope Naomi dosen't end up destroying Emily's heart.. which I could see happening. JJ was adorable as always, but that's not unexpected. I love Pandora in every way, her innocence and curiosity is endearing. I loved her mom.. so hilarious. And her and Cook were great together.. I also felt like we saw a different side of Cook, which I've been waiting for.. of course it ended in sex, lol, but still they were cute together. He sincerely seemed like he wanted to teach her the things she wanted to know, not just get a quick lay out of it. And Jack was gorgeous, so perfect, I'm more in love than ever if that's possible<3 I like that Effy and Pandora's relationship reached a new level. Their friendship is so important, and I think they're going to balance eachother out really well. And then... Thomas came back. Which I'm thrilled about, but I couldn't help but tear up at the whole thing.. why couldn't he have come a day earlier?? why why why? lol.. Loved it<3 Next week looks kinda blah, but I'm interested in Freddie, so it should be good.