Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2011, 04:36 AM
Elite Fan

This only means that Jack's return will bring drama and more loss.
It's the same storyline after all.
Old 02-21-2011, 04:39 AM
Ultimate Fan

Tweety i think it is DIFFERENT this time. Yes he goes on a downward path but i believe this is a great chance for character growth this time and to overcome his narcissism (while B is overcoming her maschoism ). Lets see how he comes out of all of this if he goes back to hookers and booze we know im wrong

She kissed him for the very first time, completely unaware that she was the dream. She was his dream!
Where everything’s nothing without you

ChuckBlair
Old 02-21-2011, 04:43 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by `toomuchpurple (View Post)
This only means that Jack's return will bring drama and more loss.
It's the same storyline after all.
it is, but let's hope it has a different outcome this time *fingers crossed.* Last year his spiral after losing Blair (twice) didn't really lead to any lasting change. He tried to escape "Chuck Bass" but once he returned to New York it was just the same old same old. It makes sense that they need to take him there once again to force him to act differently. It IS repetitive but it is also very much in character. He is after all a character that dabbles in extremes.

eta: basically what iszy just said
Old 02-21-2011, 04:47 AM
Ultimate Fan

Well really if they dont start redeeming Chuck with this upcoming story arc i think the character will be forever 'ruined' for a lot of the fandom so really while it is pretty darn late i think the writers have to be doing it 'now or never'.

She kissed him for the very first time, completely unaware that she was the dream. She was his dream!
Where everything’s nothing without you

ChuckBlair
Old 02-21-2011, 04:48 AM
Elite Fan

I hope so. All the pain has to lead somewhere or the writers just like to torture us
Old 02-21-2011, 06:09 AM
Obsessed Fan

My current theory is that Chuck spirals (again) just before Louis shows up. Blair realizes he is in exactly the same place he was last year and chooses to move on with Prince Perfect. (I think they'll have Chuck do something to prove himself unworthy just in time for the prince, because Blair isn't likely to pick anyone else over a 'redeemed' Chuck-whatever that means at this point.) Then we have a few episodes for Chuck to come out of the spiral just in time to show the audience that he is redeeemable, but too late for Blair. She's already off in Grace Kelly land. Or even better, she doesn't know about whatever it is at all.

Last edited by notoutforawalk; 02-21-2011 at 06:17 AM
Old 02-21-2011, 08:05 AM
Absolute Fan

Finally a Vanessa spoiler! so she is the one that will revele to S about Ban? exciting!

So what's the point of this season for Chuck? that he is doomed to loose everything that matters to him and has to be sad about all his life?
Old 02-21-2011, 08:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh goody, another downward spiral. Jesus Christ, just shoot the boy and leave for him dead this time. It'll hurt everyone a lot less.
TRA #2, P&P#3, and BPC #2 coming Fall 2015. Stay tuned for more demons, mutations, circuses, mysteries, love, and the fate of the world.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:32 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarterT (View Post)
Oh goody, another downward spiral. Jesus Christ, just shoot the boy and leave for him dead this time. It'll hurt everyone a lot less.
IKR! I've said that many times, but I really wish Chuck died when he got shot last year I knew this season was going to be pure crap for him but I didn't know it was going to be that bad.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Better yet, the writers should shoot me. I won't have to deal with anything to do with this fandom then!

Ausi says tonight's episode is worth watching. I say Ausi should sleep on the couch.
TRA #2, P&P#3, and BPC #2 coming Fall 2015. Stay tuned for more demons, mutations, circuses, mysteries, love, and the fate of the world.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

Don't listen to what Ausiello says, his brain work in a different way than CBers'.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Must be all those long, cold, lonely nights I've given him.

Good.

Meanwhile, please tell me I haven't lost my Spanish skills in the fan art thread I racked my brains for most of it.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:17 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoretical girl (View Post)
it is, but let's hope it has a different outcome this time *fingers crossed.* Last year his spiral after losing Blair (twice) didn't really lead to any lasting change. He tried to escape "Chuck Bass" but once he returned to New York it was just the same old same old. It makes sense that they need to take him there once again to force him to act differently. It IS repetitive but it is also very much in character. He is after all a character that dabbles in extremes.

eta: basically what iszy just said
Call me stupid but I don't see the need to take him there once again. It's a character, you have no need to force him to do anything, you write him. Or if you have to force it, then there's a problem. He acts only like you want him to do. It's not as if he was a real person, had decided to revert to his old habits on his own and now needs someone to put him in the same position again in order to get it this time. He has no will or conscience on his own, he has background and storylines. If the point was to bring him there - whatever there is- there is no valid reason for not starting from 4.04 his annual downward spiral and later its outcome throughout the season. It's not as if he had been extremely busy since then, he has been essentially filling the void and slowly morphing into a bland version of Nate.

And sorry to quote you to say that, it's not against what you say, I'm just a bit annoyed by the direction and don't see any logic in this at all
Old 02-21-2011, 09:22 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarterT (View Post)
Better yet, the writers should shoot me. I won't have to deal with anything to do with this fandom then!

Ausi says tonight's episode is worth watching. I say Ausi should sleep on the couch.
Ausiello was brainwashed by SS
He needs to 'pimp'
Old 02-21-2011, 09:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It's because he's being unfaithful.

Neither Kristin or Ausi are helpful anymore. Not like the former ever was but still...