Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2009, 08:12 PM
Supreme Fan

I was surprised when I looked at the copyright and saw it was published so far before twilight was - maybe I just have twilight brain with the movie coming out Other than those small details, though, the books don't really remind me of Twilight much at all. I like it so far because it's a really fast read!

Icon by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 03-22-2009, 03:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

I didn't think it was like Twilight at all. I think there are some similarities, but the books have been out for over 10 years.
Old 03-22-2009, 03:09 PM
Passionate Fan

i was also surprised to find out that the vampire diaries was out for over 10 years! i never really liked comparing VD to Twilight. they're are a little similarities, but the two storylines are really different.
Old 03-22-2009, 03:27 PM
Supreme Fan

The storylines are very different - I think the little similarities in the beginning just caught me off guard b/c I really wasn't expecting them.

Icon by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 03-25-2009, 04:35 PM
Supreme Fan

I don't really see how there could be similarities, at least intentional ones, since like you guys said VD was written 10+ years ago and Stephenie Meyer said she didn't read any vampire stuff before writing Twilight. So she wouldn't have copied anything from VD. And anyway, the Vampire Diaries series is soooo much better!
Missy livejournal l twitter
Old 03-25-2009, 06:32 PM
Supreme Fan

The storylines are definitely not alike at all - it's just weird how many little similarities there were right off the bat (not that I think stephenie meyer plagiarized or anything like that).

The more I get into the book, the more I am loving it! I love how it pulls you in right away and gets you wondering exactly what is going on with Stefan and his past and Elena.

Icon by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 03-26-2009, 02:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

Did you guys hear they cast Damon, Matt and Vicki? Damon is played by Ian Somerhalder, Matt is played by Zach Roerig and Vicki is played by Kayla Ewell.
Old 03-26-2009, 07:32 AM
Supreme Fan

I can definitely see Ian Somerhalder as Damon The other two I am not familiar with...

Thanks for the news!

Icon by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 03-26-2009, 10:34 AM
Passionate Fan

awesome news!

hellooooooo ian. agreed! i can definitely see him as damon, which is a hard thing to do for me because i love the character so much.
Old 03-26-2009, 02:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm still really not sure what I think of seeing these books as a show, but I'm willing to give it a fair shot

Chrissy |
Old 03-26-2009, 02:16 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissalaugha (View Post)
I'm still really not sure what I think of seeing these books as a show, but I'm willing to give it a fair shot
i'm with you on that one. from the looks of the spoiler thread, there's some changes in character casting, but i'm keeping an open mind on it.
Old 03-27-2009, 05:50 AM
Supreme Fan

Me too - I'm always a little leery of vampire stories translating to film or TV because I think there are a lot of ways producers/directors/cast can make it corny, but let's hope that doesn't happen

These books are just pulling me in - I've just read the part where Bonnie, Meredith, and Elena are planning the haunted house in the gym and Elena encounters the creepy man

Icon by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 03-27-2009, 05:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

I brought the books today, even though i've read them.. i saw them in the bookstore and couldn't resist
Old 03-27-2009, 06:28 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriela (View Post)

These books are just pulling me in - I've just read the part where Bonnie, Meredith, and Elena are planning the haunted house in the gym and Elena encounters the creepy man
I'm there, too. I started it this morning and I can't seem to stop. I really should though, bc I'm already reading two other books.
Old 03-27-2009, 02:38 PM
Loyal Fan

I've been reading these books since I was a young teen, and I'm much....older now and L.J. Smith was my fav authur when i was growing up. i still have the same books from when i was a kid. i needed to vent somewhere, so i apolgise in advance. i'm appauled that they would already ruin this story. no meredith? the main best friend? and the last names of damon and stefen instead of salvatore, will be whitmore? that's not italian as both vampires are. elena's "new look" is ouragious and i'm just so angry they would ruin something i loved. my mom says this is what it's like getting old twilight is NOTHING compared to TVD and never will be. i'm ashamed as a hard core fan that L.J Smith would let this happen, all because of the god awful series of twilight. sorry if i offended anyone, but i don't know anyone else who has/is reading this book.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread