Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2016, 09:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes the original series.

April
Drunk On You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 07:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, I suppose, while they were adult, it did have a youngish feel to them. I think some authors just have their own take on writing adult. This is Melissa's I suppose.
Stay to the Lights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 09:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree. But not sure how to describe it but the writing of the Witches of East End...seemed I'm not sure how to describe it. Wasn't completely bad but I could see how the writing style could put people off.

Is it bad that I think I prefer the show over the books?

April
Old 05-06-2016, 09:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

No, nothing wrong with that. At least with the show it was not really a love triangle, plus Wendy.
Old 05-06-2016, 09:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes I loved Wendy! And Freddy was so much better in the show.

April
Old 05-06-2016, 09:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah... even if he died.
Old 05-06-2016, 09:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Freddy in the book just...he didn't appeal to me. Now probably didn't hurt tv Freddy was hot.

April
Old 05-06-2016, 09:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, book Freddie..yeah, he didn't do a whole lot.
Old 05-06-2016, 08:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

He was pretty much a loser in the books.

And I know there are sibling and I usually don't ship siblings but I was shipping Freddie and Freya in the show.

April
Old 05-07-2016, 04:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, his main thing was accusing Killian of being the traitor, and his flaunt with women after that.
Old 05-08-2016, 09:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I can't remember how he came back in the books. Wasn't he stuck in limbo or something?

April
Old 05-09-2016, 06:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, as part of his punishment for "destroying the bridge." Even though he didn't do it.

So.. this is the second book coming later this year.

No description yet though.
Old 11-09-2016, 06:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

Double Eclipse is now released.

Quote:
The sultry sequel to Triple Moon from #1 New York Times bestselling author Melissa de la Cruz

Twin witches Mardi and Molly Overbrook are back for another summer in North Hampton, and this year they’re serious about two things: avoiding trouble and dedicating themselves to rest and relaxation. Molly’s headed to Aunt Ingrid’s, while Mardi has convinced their father, Troy—a.k.a. Thor, the god of thunder—to let her crash with her boyfriend, Trent, who also happens to be Tyr, the god of war. It’s a tangled web they weave, but that’s to be expected where gods and goddesses are concerned.

Their vacation’s just begun when an old secret is revealed, leaving Molly and Mardi to question everything they’ve ever known about their family. Then a hot new guy comes to town and starts brewing even more trouble . . . and soon enough, the twins are back to their old tricks.

After an ancient prophecy comes to light, Molly and Mardi notice some mysterious changes, changes that will put their sisterhood to the ultimate test. East End’s shaping up to be much more exciting than the girls were bargaining for, but what’s a summer in the Hamptons without a little magic and mischief?

I recently bought this:

This is the Aus cover, which I love

Quote:
From the No.1 New York Times bestselling author of many critically acclaimed and award-winning novels for readers of all ages comes a thought-provoking and timely novel about immigration, family, friendship, and finding out where you belong.

Jasmine de los Santos has always done what’s expected of her. Pretty and popular, she’s studied hard, made her Filipino immigrant parents proud, and is ready to reap the rewards in the form of a full college scholarship.

And then everything shatters. A national scholar award invitation compels her parents to reveal the truth: their visas expired years ago. Her entire family is illegal. That means no scholarships, maybe no college at all, and the very real threat of deportation. But Jasmine won't give up. Because when the rules you lived by no longer apply, the only thing to do is make up your own.
Old 11-09-2016, 09:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Must of missed that post because I didn't realized there was going to be a sequel.

And now I can't remember what exactly happened.

April
Old 11-10-2016, 07:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

I looked it up after I finished the first

Um.. I'd have to check the end of the book, I don't remember much either. But I remember the girls saying they would be back next summer, especially since Mardi just got with Trent. Hopefully Molly finds love too.
And hopefully no more of OOC Freya, whose actions were weird.
Reply   Post New Thread