Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2016, 07:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

And it's partly a musical too. Not the whole thing.

But I kind of fell in love with this song

And I love the twist on this song

April
Drunk On You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 07:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

Those are cool. Is it just me, or do you feel that 1st especially they were lipsyncing?
Stay to the Lights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 07:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Could be. Felt like something was off. But I think it's their actually voices. Maybe it was prerecorded so they could focus on the scene.

April
Old 01-14-2016, 07:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah. Could be that.
Old 01-15-2016, 06:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I was right the first time. They aren't 30 minute episodes but 5 minute episodes.

April
Old 01-16-2016, 06:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

Ah okay, makes more sense.

I have read Melissa's "The Ring and the Crown." It was pretty good.

This is the sequel to the Descendants

There’s no place like home. Especially if home is the infamous Isle of the Lost. Mal, Evie, Carlos, and Jay haven’t exactly turned their villainous noses up at the comforts of Auradon after spending their childhoods banished on the Isle. After all, meeting princes and starring on the Tourney team aren’t nearly as terrible as Mal and her friends once thought they would be.

But when they receive a mysterious invitation to return to the Isle, Mal, Evie, Carlos, and Jay can’t help feeling comfortable in their old hood—and their old ways. Not everything is how they left it, though, and when they discover a dark mystery at the Ise’s core, they’ll have to combine all of their talents in order to save the kingdom.
Old 03-14-2016, 07:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

Well this sucks, but I guess at least she's putting it available.

Quote:
A few of you guys have been asking about the sequels to Vampires in Manhattan and The Ring and The Crown.

For The Lily and The Cross (which is what I titled The Ring and The Crown sequel) I wrote the entire book, but it didn’t quite go the way I imagined it would. After I finished, I realized I liked where the story ended in book one, that it was complete and perfect as a stand-alone. So the sequel is not going to be published.However, since I wrote it, I wanted you guys who wanted to read it to be able to. So it will be up on my website in a few months, available for a small fee that will go to support Yallwest. That way, you guys who want to know the story get to read it, but it’s only a first draft, and not a finished product, and it ends on a cliffhanger, but I will not be writing a sequel to this book. I know some of you might be upset about that, and I’m sorry. I still hope you enjoy the book for what it is. There are some really fun parts of the book (Marie and Wolf for one) but it didn’t go through the formal editorial process, so keep that in mind.

As to White Nights, the Vampires in Manhattan sequel, the book also did not shape up the way I had envisioned in the time allotted me, and so it was pulled from publication. I’ve written about a quarter of this book, and once it is done, it too will be available on my website for a small fee that will go to Yallwest.

I’m sorry I don’t have better news on both of these projects, but I hope you guys do enjoy the continuation of these stories when they are posted.
Blog - Melissa de la Cruz
Old 03-14-2016, 12:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Does that mean she's not writing the sequel to Vampires of Manhatten to publish?

April
Old 03-15-2016, 07:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

Sounds like that's the case. She's still write it, but put it on her website, hm.. I wonder, how? Would she put up an ebook link? and not publish it traditionally..
Old 03-19-2016, 07:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

I just finished reading the new Witches of East End book, I quite enjoyed it. I liked the new characters, Molly and Mardi, Troy's daughters. I liked that we got to see more of Ingrid, Matt and their family.

It still annoys me that 10 years later and Freya is still playing one boy to another. I had hoped by now she would have chosen. But we didn't see either guy in the book, just Freya, and she is still working at the bar.

At the end of the book had the short story to tie up the TV series. It was a pretty good conclusion, that ties in the Book series to the TV series.
Old 03-19-2016, 11:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I was going to ask does it tie in for the show or the series.

That sucks about Freya. It's 10 years later.

April
Old 03-20-2016, 04:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

I know, but I guess Freya is more free as a character, but still, I would think she would have changed a bit since then. Though in the TV show, it was Killian only for her.

You should read it
Old 03-20-2016, 12:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

True. But even in the books I got the impression that she loves Killian more.

It's near the top of my mental tbr list.

April
Old 03-21-2016, 07:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

I agree. Throughout book 1/2, I felt there was no doubt, then book 3 tried to make us think something else

Good! It was really good, the next one is out in November.
Old 03-21-2016, 08:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I felt like the end of book 3 came out of nowhere.

April
Reply   Post New Thread