Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2016, 08:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

I agree. It made no sense at all from what we knew of the first two books. I like to think that didn't happen, also to make all the things Bran "did" where he didn't really do them at all, but something to do with his father.
Stay to the Lights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 07:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Started this the other night.

Already annoyed at the Killian and Bran are away taking a break from Freya.

And since when does Killian and Bran have 2 younger brothers? I guess it's possible but I hate when authors continue a series a few years later and set it later and add things that weren't in the original books.

April
Drunk On You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 07:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, I wanted to see Killian. Although not surprised they need a break, since it still annoys me she has not made a choice one way or another.

Yeah, I was confused over that too. So.. same mother then? I don't even remember much of their mother from the original books, although I'm not surprised it could happen. It just was not mentioned that there was any other children, even younger ones. So would have been 6/7 at the time as its 10 years later.
Old 05-01-2016, 03:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

True. I need to go back but I swore that their mother who turned out to be evil was actually their step mother in the books.

April
Old 05-02-2016, 10:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, I can't remember especially since I try to remember separating it from the TV show, so I'm not sure what their mother was like in the books.
Old 05-02-2016, 04:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think she was kind of similiar to the tv where she couldn't stand Freya and would snub her and make comments. Although I believe her and Bran had an affair or something like that since she was technically the step mother.

And then unlike the show they knew where they came from except Freya didn't realize Bran was Loki.

April
Old 05-03-2016, 06:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, that part about her not knowing about Loki I do remember.

Are you enjoying the book though?
Old 05-03-2016, 10:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I am even though I think the twins are spoiled brats.

I'm trying to figure out what's up with the Gardnier boys. I'm almost suspecting that it's just one boy.

April
Old 05-03-2016, 10:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah. There is a little twist with concerning the boys.

Yeah the girls.. it took awhile to adjust to them since they were spoiled, but got better. They just were too used to a certain way of life. Staying with Ingrid calms them a bit.
Old 05-03-2016, 03:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I figured that since neither boy mentions the other younger brother and when mentions about Freya says that she knew he would be all alone this summer. Even though each twin calls their boy by a different name she seems uneasy about both of them being involved with one, which made me think they are the same one. Plus this was in the synopsis

Quote:
Trouble continues to bubble and boil when the girls meet the younger Gardiner boys, who are just as handsome and sexy as their older kin. But all is not as it seems

I really like Marshall and want Molly to actually give him a chance. I find it interesting that she was pulled to his shop when it totally doesn't seem to fit her.

April
Old 05-04-2016, 08:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah. There were mixed information thrown around. I started questioning it by Freya's comments. I then thought... oh, its prob one boy playing both girls.

Oh yes, I liked Marshall too, and thought his crush on Molly was cute. They worked together, he made her down to earth a bit more.

And then there was the mystery from back home... was it new york? I didn't figure the truth out right away, but I was suspicious of the person initially.
Old 05-04-2016, 09:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Finished it.

Yeah I started to think it was one boy playing both girls.

It was NYC. I half figured out the mystery of what happened, and figured who was behind it. The play from 4th of July I knew that was about their mom and the ring.

Broke my heart about Marshall which I saw that coming the moment he agreed to take Molly away. But I was hoping that it was another impersonation and that the real Marshall had been around Molly.

Now the short story to tie up the show. I found that really weird. I really didnt' care for it at all. Granted so much to tie up in a short story but it had such a rush feeling. Not to mention not sure I like how she tied the books to the show. Although maybe since she only wrote the books that was the way she knew how to do that?

April
Old 05-04-2016, 09:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

It was a weird way to tie in the books to the tv show, but I guess it's the only way for it to do it logically. Since they're separate stories. But good to know Freya/Killian found their way back to one another. The Ingrid/Dash thing, hah I don't know.. if she would have realistically ran away with him though. I didn't think it was confirmed it was his child, or the blue demon.
Old 05-04-2016, 09:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think everyone thought it was the demon's child.

I'm not sure if she would of ran away either. And I'm not too sure that was her true love in that life/world/whatever.

But even with the two storylines if you follow the show I'm sure she could of wrote to tie up the show storylines without tying in the book.

I could never put a finger on it but I feel like the adult writing just seems weird? something off...doesn't necessary feel like an adult book but more of YA with adult characters/themes. If that makes any sense

April
Old 05-04-2016, 09:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

The writing from the original series? Because this new series is YA.
Reply   Post New Thread