Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2002, 11:22 AM
Loyal Fan

I just finished book 24 and it is definitely one of the best books in the series. I love Ed and Gaia together. I hope their relationship continues throughout the series. Maybe Heather and Sam can get back together? I really wish the books came out a month apart instead of two. But then again if I had it my way they would come out a week apart. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 12-01-2002, 11:25 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Mariachica:
<STRONG>Ugh, Sam's gonna be back ... why can't they just for once let characters who are dead, stay dead. Hell, the next thing you know ... they'll pull an Alias and say that Gaia's mother is really alive as well [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Anyway, I'm excited about the new show, and I'm beting that they'll cast new people for the show, or at least people with little expierience. So it should be interesting to see how it all turns out [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]</STRONG>
LMAO about Gaia's mother being alive in the style of Alias. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Hey, they're both Russian. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Quote:
Originally posted by Manditz:
<STRONG>I'm going to have to agree with you, there. I love Ed, and I'd die if Francine ever killed him off, but romance wise--I preferred Sam with Gaia. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] It really pissed me off that Sam's "death" was never elaborated on. Like, why was there no funeral? What about his parents--who informed them?

Anyway, I'm glad Francine's bringing him back, even if for just a short while. I need closure, although I'm sure much angst shall ensue in the Ed/Gaia/Sam department. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]</STRONG>
I agree though. It seemed like there was no funeral, no parental concern, etc. regarding Sam. It was like he just died and everyone forgot. Bleh. I liked Sam a lot. And loved Sam/Gaia. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Quote:
Originally posted by Jaina Solo:
<STRONG>About the Sam and Ed thing - I like both of them, but I prefer Sam as Gaia's boyfriend and Ed as Gaia's best friend. I don't like Gaia and Ed as a couple at all.</STRONG>
For a while I thought I was the only one who thought that but I'm so glad to know that there are others out there who like Sam/Gaia romance-wise and Ed as Gaia's best friend. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Quote:
Originally posted by trixiefirecracker:
<STRONG>Eeeeek! I *knew* Sam wasn't dead. I just had this feeling, because of the fishy way it was all described and how none of the other characters seemed to notice. It always made me feel a little sick, how quickly Gaia fell out of love with Sam. They seemed to share *such* a burning desire to be with each other. It was almost painful, and I loved that angst. Then all of a sudden... just gone. It was strange.

I do like Gaia and Ed though, so I'm having a tough time deciding who I'd rather her with. I think Francine likes Gaia/Ed more, and will continue with their story throughout the series. But who knows? Sam and Gaia seemed like *they* would have the epic love story of the series.

I hope they cast unknowns in the series. Someone tall, willowy and with lots of pale blonde hair as Gaia. Someone sweetly gorgeous as Ed. Someone irrestible as Sam. Bitchy, beautiful girl as Heather. Eeeee! I can't wait for the TV show.</STRONG>
Ditto about how Gaia just all of a sudden didn't care about Sam anymore. It all happened within the span of 2 pages. Bleh. And ditto about the epic love story ... that's what I always saw Gaia/Sam as.

I like your descriptions for casting the main 4 characters. About casting Tom/Oliver ... in the book we're never too confused about who's who ... but on screen we'll finally be able to see them from Gaia's POV --- having NO idea who's who. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

And that picture doesn't look like Gaia at all!

Bryana

[ 12-01-2002: Message edited fallfromgrace ]
fallfromgrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2002, 11:26 AM
Obsessed Fan

Oops. Ignore this post. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Bryana

[ 12-01-2002: Message edited fallfromgrace ]
fallfromgrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 12:57 AM
Loyal Fan

I found this cover image of book 25. I have no idea if it was posted. I can only link it because I don't have a server to upload it so here it is You have to go inside the site to the books section. I don't have a server to upload the image to. So if anyone does feel free to post it!

That new model is pretty but I really like the old one better. I was getting used to her.

The new books sound very good. But I really hope they don't play up the love triangle now that Sam is back. Although they most likely will. Basically if Ed and Gaia end up breaking up that will probably be the end of their friendship. And I don't think anyone wants that. But at the same time I don't know what will become of Sam's character if he isn't "the boyfriend." Also I really like the direction Ed and Gaia's relationship is heading.

Does anyone have any thoughts on that?

[ 12-06-2002: Message edited slayerette14 ]

[ 12-06-2002: Message edited slayerette14 ]
Old 12-06-2002, 08:32 PM
New Fan

wow. wow. wow. # 24 was amazing.. [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img].. everyone go read it; you will not be disappointed!!

i don't want to give anything away, but ITA about not playing the "triangle" thing; although the way Sam sounded, it might be hard to avoid..

I hope #25 is just as good!! January? [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] That seems so far away! Then again, so does Christmas.. [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]

KeKe [img]smilies/sun.gif[/img]

[ 12-06-2002: Message edited Kokoleka ]

Syd & Vaughn
Pacey & Joey
Max & Liz
Kokoleka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2002, 07:19 PM
Master Fan

I just wanted to be sure posters where aware of the newest board announcement made by Goldenboy. I have posted it in the Support Thread on this board located here.

Come visit the WWE/Wrestling Board

When we're free to love anyone we choose
When this world's big enough for all different views
When we all can worship from our own kind of pew
Then we shall be free
Carrie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2002, 12:33 PM
Mike and Mars

Quote:
Originally posted by Kokoleka:
<STRONG>

Ew, omg, who the [img]smilies/censored.gif[/img] is that supposed to be!? It isn't Gaia, that's for sure.. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Thanks for the pic though, Jaina! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

KeKe [img]smilies/sun.gif[/img]</STRONG>
I [img]smilies/love.gif[/img]ed the original Gaia, aka the one they used on the white book cover for number one, those eyes alone were captivating thing that got me into the series, they used her up until book 12, then the last one came, but I have to admit I HATE the new one it looks nothing like the original two
Old 12-19-2002, 04:41 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Imagination:
<STRONG>

I [img]smilies/love.gif[/img]ed the original Gaia, aka the one they used on the white book cover for number one, those eyes alone were captivating thing that got me into the series, they used her up until book 12, then the last one came, but I have to admit I HATE the new one it looks nothing like the original two</STRONG>
I agree--I loved the first two they used. The white cover layout was also much better than the nasty color combinations they have now (I mean, come now: Orange and Purple? My eyes!!). Whoever lays out the books should be fired. Then shot, perhaps. Or vice versa. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Manders

[ 12-19-2002: Message edited Manditz ]
left unsaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2002, 12:46 AM
Part-Time Fan

I didn't even realize until now that two different girls were used on the covers of the books [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I have to say thought, I like them better than this new one. Do you think they change the girl on the cover every 12 books?

-Leora
BuffyandAngel4ever05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2002, 04:01 AM
Loyal Fan

I lopve fearless the girl on the cover looks a little like gaia [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-24-2002, 05:19 PM
Extreme Fan

Oh a Fearless TV show! Remember a couple of threads ago we were talking about it? We were picking out people we would cast and stuff. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

I want to audition for it sooo badly...for Heather. I think they'll film it in NY, since the books are set in NY, that would just be easier. And easier for me to audition. Oh...I wonder how I could find out about that!

[img]smilies/love.gif[/img]Rachael
Old 12-26-2002, 12:51 PM
Loyal Fan

I love your signature! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I hope you get a chance to audition. If you make it we can say "I remember that girl. Yes she started out as just a poster on fan forum [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]" I'm anticipating the next book so badly. #24 was so good and it set the series back in motion so of course 25 will shake things back up again.

And I liked the old girl on the books better than the new one.
Old 12-27-2002, 07:53 PM
Addicted Fan

I just started reading this series and I'm only on the 3rd book, though I have read summaries on the other books. My library is making it difficult for me, it jumps from book 3 to book 11! I like this series a lot, and at the moment I would have to say that I want Gaia with Sam.

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img]Claire [img]smilies/star.gif[/img]
*DreamersAngel2011* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2002, 08:01 PM
Dedicated Fan

Has anyone else heard any news of this? I think it holds promise for a great show. They better not screw it up though.

from www.zentertainment.com
Executive producer Jerry Bruckheimer is taking over television, as he has seen his new superhero series Fearless picked up for devleopment by The WB. The show, based on a series of novels by Francine Pascal, centers around Gaia Moore, a girl who was born without the gene that causes fear. While going through highschool, she is also receiving special training. Her father is also an antiterrorist operative currently in hiding and her mother was murdered. The Frog hopes to launch the series fall 2003.

Ok, so yeah I see that you all know about this already. Sorry.

[ 12-30-2002: Message edited igloo155 ]
Old 12-31-2002, 03:21 AM
Dedicated Fan

Hello! I haven't read the series in a while. My last book was 13 or 14. Just a bit after they switched from the pretty white covers to the scary bright orange. I'ved obviously missed a lot. I'm not sure why I stopped reading. I was annoyed about Ed's surgery. Anyway, I recently saw the Before Gaia book and bought it, although I haven't read it. (I have a bad habit of collecting books that I want to read, and used book sales are the worst cuz then I buy a ton since they're cheap) I'm also very intrigued by the possibility of Fearless tv show. I hope they do it right, but I'll have to try not to be too critical (I hated the first Harry Potter movie, but then since I relaxed by the second, I immensely enjoyed it) I wonder if maybe they'll keep Mary alive in the tv show(I'd like that) although they may not even have her in it. Gaia will be very hard to cast, she'll need to be tough and aloof while also making us feel for her. . . . .Shippings, I like Sam/Gaia and Heather/Ed although Heather was totally pissing me off with wanting Ed's money. Certainly wouldn't be averse to Gaia/Ed though I think I prefer their friendship. I love my chessboy Sam, sad to hear he died(or maybe not) By the way, reading Fearless made me want to play Chess. However, I don't like strategizing so I'm not very good at it and soon gave up.

-Selkie de Ravin

You... all of you... why couldn't you be dealing drugs like normal people?!? -Snyder
Selkie_deRavine is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread