Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2003, 01:21 AM
Loyal Fan

I too hope they don't scrap the Tom/Oliver/Katia storyline. That is the problem with book to screen adaptations. Books allow for much more details than the screen. So I'm sure the WB will have to get rid of some things but they're are so many great things about Fearless that I hope translate to the screen.

But at the same time I want a Fearless show. I just hope its good. And even though I really want it to be the same as the series, I guess it could be good if it was different. And besides the thought of a Fearless board on Fan forum next year excites me as much as the tv show does [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-18-2003, 11:26 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by slayerette14:
<STRONG>I too hope they don't scrap the Tom/Oliver/Katia storyline. That is the problem with book to screen adaptations. Books allow for much more details than the screen. So I'm sure the WB will have to get rid of some things but they're are so many great things about Fearless that I hope translate to the screen.

But at the same time I want a Fearless show. I just hope its good. And even though I really want it to be the same as the series, I guess it could be good if it was different. And besides the thought of a Fearless board on Fan forum next year excites me as much as the tv show does [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]</STRONG>
LOL, I agree. I'm actually really excited about the show, despite all the changes. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Bryana
fallfromgrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 11:55 PM
Extreme Fan

Has anyone heard anything about the casting for the Fearless show? Have they started...or is it cast already? Or does anyone know how I would go about finding out?

[img]smilies/love.gif[/img]Rachael
Old 02-19-2003, 02:05 AM
Loyal Fan

I haven't heard anything about casting but I have a feeling that when they have cast members hired that Zap2It willl have news once a cast is chosen. About auditioning I have no idea where to find out about it. I remember a couple of people on this thread had wanted to audition though. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-20-2003, 12:26 AM
Obsessed Fan

Casting isn't usually done until later on, I think ... around April-ish.

Bryana
Old 02-22-2003, 01:02 AM
Addicted Fan

I don't like the new Gaia model either. She looks kinda weird on the cover of #27. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

I think a Fearless TV show would be great. But I'm afraid they'll end up changing it to much. FBI? [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Nicole

[ 02-22-2003: Message edited RiotGirl ]
Old 02-22-2003, 08:12 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by RiotGirl:
<STRONG>I don't like the new Gaia model either. She looks kinda weird on the cover of #27. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

I think a Fearless TV show would be great. But I'm afraid they'll end up changing it to much. FBI? [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Nicole</STRONG>
Check out http://www.fearlessonline.com ... they've got a news item that seems to tell us that they've scrapped the FBI idea in favour of a 20-ish Gaia doing police-related work, and not FBI/secret agent stuff. I don't know if I like this more or less.

Bryana
Old 02-23-2003, 03:13 AM
Loyal Fan

I know what would make a great show! A 17 year old Gaia who just moved to New York and is living with her dad's best friend and his weird wanna-be teenage wife and who has an uber-crush on Sam Moon, and befriends a guy in a wheelchair named Ed!
--------------------------
Point being I wish that if they were going to make changes they would be small changes. Not changes to the whole premise of the story. I thought teenage Gaia would be perfect for the WB. I would watch the show but I wish they wouldn't change it so much.
Old 02-23-2003, 02:23 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>I know what would make a great show! A 17 year old Gaia who just moved to New York and is living with her dad's best friend and his weird wanna-be teenage wife and who has an uber-crush on Sam Moon, and befriends a guy in a wheelchair named Ed!
--------------------------
Point being I wish that if they were going to make changes they would be small changes. Not changes to the whole premise of the story. I thought teenage Gaia would be perfect for the WB. I would watch the show but I wish they wouldn't change it so much.</STRONG>
I agree with you. And I don't like this idea of her doing more police-oriented work ... ick. I want the show to be like the books, but if they HAD to change the premise, I'd prefer the FBI stuff over the police work, just because there are tons of police shows out there already. But to be completely honest, I REALLY hope they stick to the original premise of the books.

Bryana
Old 02-24-2003, 06:23 PM
Loyal Fan

I would rather see an FBI premise than police premise too. But the thing is the books are unique. Like, an FBI premise reminds me of Alias and the police premise reminds me of far too many shows. But the premise of the series would so work for the WB. Like you have the uniqueness because Gaia is fearless, and the characters are all so real in the books. And it fits the WB, because of the teenage aspect. I think that premise of the books would guarantee a sucesful show as long as its written and casted well. But these new premises are too different for my taste. So I'm kind of praying to the gods of television that the Fearless TV series will be like the books we know and love.

And oh God! When does book 26 come out? I'm getting antsy [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-02-2003, 12:14 AM
New Fan

it's march!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 03-02-2003, 04:24 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>I would rather see an FBI premise than police premise too. But the thing is the books are unique. Like, an FBI premise reminds me of Alias and the police premise reminds me of far too many shows. But the premise of the series would so work for the WB. Like you have the uniqueness because Gaia is fearless, and the characters are all so real in the books. And it fits the WB, because of the teenage aspect. I think that premise of the books would guarantee a sucesful show as long as its written and casted well. But these new premises are too different for my taste. So I'm kind of praying to the gods of television that the Fearless TV series will be like the books we know and love.</STRONG>
I completely agree that the FBI premise is too Alias-ish, and that the police premise is like every other show on TV. Why can't they just stick with the original premise?!?

Bryana
Old 03-14-2003, 11:50 PM
Obsessed Fan

I just finished #25. That and #24 were really great ... now I can't wait till I get my hands on a copy of #26. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Bryana
Old 03-15-2003, 03:11 AM
Obsessed Fan

ooooooooooh I read 26 last sunday... you know, I really love the gaia/Ed thingie... ugh... I don't want to spoil the book for you but I'm not too happy. I can wait for #27
thou shalt surely die.

Genesis 2:17
black 4ngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2003, 02:10 PM
Obsessed Fan

I've always been for Gaia/Sam, so this Gaia/Ed stuff, while it doesn't annoy me, doesn't excite me either. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Bryana
Reply   Post New Thread