Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2005, 07:22 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrsfanre
I carry a book depending the ocassion if it's going to be a boring family gathering, maybe I will take a book with me
yes books have saved me from boring family things several times hee

icon by Ann - Shadowhunter
Old 09-24-2005, 01:33 AM
Master Fan

I almost always manage to fit some book or other in my bag. Many a time this has saved me from complete boredom while the bus has been stopped in traffic or the train has been delayed. And I'd never buy a bag too small to hold at least one or other of the books I own.
Old 09-24-2005, 05:36 PM
Master Fan

I don't read nearly as much as I used to, though I'm trying to get back into it. I do usually have a book with me. I have one under the seat in my car and I have one at work, but I prefer to just stick with the one book until I'm done. I take them when I'm riding in the car. You never know when you might get stuck somewhere. When I was younger, I used to take a book when we went out to eat and read while we were waiting for our food. That always got a few strange looks.

I rarely see other people reading. So sad.
Old 09-27-2005, 03:48 PM
Loyal Fan

I like to have a book on hand. In the bus or train, between classes or when waiting somewhere...
Old 09-29-2005, 02:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Well no, but I'm taking a book with my on holidays
Old 10-04-2005, 12:33 AM
Master Fan

Kinda, I take it every day to work so I can read during breaks and lunch.... and if I HAVE to go out some place BOOOOOOOOOORING with my parents, I take it with me

Oh yea, plane journeys and long car journeys..... tho usually I get sick if I read while traveling

G x
Old 10-04-2005, 10:17 AM
New Fan

Try to take a book everywhere I go. If I know I'm not gonna have time to read it, I'll leave it, but I like to have it nearby cause you never know when there will be 15 min to kill.
Old 10-04-2005, 09:45 PM
Supreme Fan

well, it's been about a year and a half since I posted here. I don't carry a book around with me as much but when I start school again in January I will start, which will be nice. So now, what I normally do, is just read three or four at a time to keep me on my toes.
Old 01-22-2007, 10:30 AM
Extreme Fan

I almost always carry the latest book that I'm reading. Most of the time I bring one to work and if I'm not going to work and I'm going somewhere else I bring along a book. A lot of the time I carry a book and my mp3 player to drowned out the annoying babble of people around me lol
Old 01-22-2007, 10:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

I carry a book with me everyday. Commuting can get boring without one, esp if the train is delayed or the bus is in traffic.
Old 01-22-2007, 10:36 PM
Obsessed Fan

i always try to carry a book with me. give me a book and cd player and leave me alone! lol...i try to stay with paperback books though...lol i remember with like every Harry Potter book, if i have to go somewhere, i take the book with me and it's kinda annoying dragging those around...which is why i try to never leave my home when those books come out..i stay in until i'm finished reading if i can

ETA: i had a lot of typos lol..guess thats what happens with late night posting lol

Last edited by WildAtHeart; 01-23-2007 at 01:27 PM
Old 01-22-2007, 11:37 PM
Part-Time Fan

If I don't have a book with me at all times I kind of um freak out, it doesn't matter if I'm going around the corner. And if I'm toward the end of a book I like to have another book with me....which explains why my 'purse' is so huge.
Stiles/Derek-Lucas/Peyton-Hermione/Ron-Kate/Sawyer-Haley/Nathan-Lorelai/Luke-Derek/Meredith-Dean/Rory-Abby/Luka-Neela/Ray-Buffy/Spike-Jim/Pam-Carly/Sonny-Ennis/Jack-Claire/Jamie-Mia/Michael-Denny/Izzie-Joey/Pacey-Kris/Matt-Chuck/Sarah-Edward/Bella-Bill/Sookie-Harry/Draco-Stiles/Lydia-Scott/Allison-Magnus/Alec-Jughead/Betty
Haven't been on here for 8 years (Avi by Kon-Artist)
DeanCastiel
Supernatural=life. Will defend Destiel with my dying breath. Misha. J2M makes life worth living.
Old 01-23-2007, 11:56 AM
Master Fan

Yep, cuz I'm bored on train...and an extra hour a day for reading is always a good thing
Old 01-23-2007, 07:02 PM
Nab
Absolute Fan

I always bring a book to the doctor. It can take up to four hours to see my doctor and there's no radio or tv in her waiting room. I've actually finished whole books just waiting to see that darn woman!

I also usually carry a book in my bag, if I know I'll be in traffic or at a boring family event.

Humor is an affirmation of dignity.
Old 01-23-2007, 08:37 PM
Addicted Fan

I have now gotten into the habit of throwing a book in my purse wherever I go. As long as I have my book and my iPod I am good to go.
icon credit to Cristolfe
Closed Thread   Post New Thread