Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-11-2007, 01:33 AM
Elite Fan

Calvin's dad accepting him, was a great move I think. We always see the parent's rejecting the kid and being embarrassed and the fact that Calvin's dad was open to it and also encouraged him not to hide hisself from his brother's, was very moving. I am glad TPTB, went that route.

I do hate the way they handle his relationship with Heath though. I do wish, if they do pair him with another guy, it goes better this time.

Speaking of Heath, I wonder what his reaction to Calvin's outting will be? I wonder if he will turn his back on Calvin, to hide his own sexuality, or will he be open to admitting that he dated Calvin? That is going to be interesting.
"pacey I love you, you know that and it's very real." ~ Joey to Pacey 6x24 (dawson's creek)
Old 10-12-2007, 06:15 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Yeah, and I think I remember reading an interview with Paul (or it may have been one of the writers.. I'm not sure ) who said that they really didn't want to go down that typical homophobic parents route, and do something a bit different. And I liked that they did and i really loved his speech to his dad about how he'll tell people when he needs to, but he shouldn't have to make an effort to do it, because it's not the most important part of who he is.
That's good that they did, it's too stereotypical and I'm glad they went down a different route. I watch a lot of gay-themed movies, and you always have the whole speel about the homophobic parents. Sure it happens, more than less. But sometimes taking the 'less' category and using it on screen, will help promote education in the long run.

Quote:
I do hate the way they handle his relationship with Heath though. I do wish, if they do pair him with another guy, it goes better this time.
Typical TV Shows reaction to gay couples. It saddens me, to be honest. I thought Heath was adorable, and then he cheats and sure Calvin's reaction was realistic. But again, it's as if TV shows, add the token gay character - but don't actually want to delve into a gay relationship.

Old 10-13-2007, 11:24 PM
Elite Fan

I know, which sucks. I don't know weather to believe, it's the actor's that don't wan't it to be intimate, or TPTB. I know alot of gay character's don't have steamy relationship's, like Grey's Anatomy, or anything like that, so it sucks. They never seem believeable to me. Like Jack on Dawson's Creek, until the last episode, he never had a steady romance.
"pacey I love you, you know that and it's very real." ~ Joey to Pacey 6x24 (dawson's creek)
Old 10-14-2007, 10:35 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***BLONDIE*** (View Post)
I know, which sucks. I don't know weather to believe, it's the actor's that don't wan't it to be intimate, or TPTB. I know alot of gay character's don't have steamy relationship's, like Grey's Anatomy, or anything like that, so it sucks. They never seem believeable to me. Like Jack on Dawson's Creek, until the last episode, he never had a steady romance.
I think the whole gay couple, that I ever thought was well done was on Six Feet Under. It's never about, kissing or hugging. It's something as simple as having a steady relationship.

Old 10-14-2007, 11:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Well Calvin's only just started college though, so I guess it's realistic that he's not just going to go into a serious relationship with the first guy he meets
Old 10-15-2007, 09:40 AM
Master Fan

No, I understand that. But I'm just hoping that he won't always go through a string of hook-ups in the show. Hopefully next season, we can see him dating.

Old 10-19-2007, 01:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I hope we see him have a real relationship next season, too. Or even if they choose to re-build the Calvin/Heath relationship. I wouldn't be totally against that. Weren't things pretty "open" between them when Heath was with someone else? So, the term cheating is iffy for me, even if Calvin viewed it that way.

Old 10-19-2007, 10:46 PM
Elite Fan

I would love to see him in a steady OPEN relationship and that whoever it is, that they have chemistry. I know sometime's that is hard with two guys, but maybe they will find the right guy to cast.
Old 10-24-2007, 05:43 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by +Linds+ (View Post)
I hope we see him have a real relationship next season, too. Or even if they choose to re-build the Calvin/Heath relationship. I wouldn't be totally against that. Weren't things pretty "open" between them when Heath was with someone else? So, the term cheating is iffy for me, even if Calvin viewed it that way.
I don't think it was "open" because Heath acted all guilty. I mean I guess they were just going on dates, and not actually together "officially" but I doubt Calvin is one to be in an open relationship. But whatever happens, I hope whoever he dates, they won't just ignore that aspect of his life. But with the frat house knowing about him now, I'm sure it'll be a pivotal area in the new season, in regards to Calvin's life.

Old 10-28-2007, 08:25 PM
Elite Fan

I think it's going to be a big issue, especially, if he joins Kappa Tau. I can see Evan flat out giving him hell, because of it. I agree, that whoever he finds, should be very open about it,.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

I love Calvin and I think Paul James plays him very well

I think if he did start dating in S2 it should be with someone that is open about being gay so that if Calvin didn't want to hide he wouldn't have to.

I wouldn't be against them going down the route of getting Calvin and Heath back together I really liked those two they were sweet
Old 10-29-2007, 06:52 PM
Master Fan

I honestly like Heath, and maybe I got annoyed about the whole "cheating" thing, but I wouldn't be against if these two got back together

Old 10-29-2007, 08:53 PM
Elite Fan

See, I'm kinda different. I saw no sparks between Heath and Calvin, plus it was a one night hook-up, that they tried to turn into a relationship and for me, it just didn't work. However, I think they are adorable as friends.
Old 10-30-2007, 05:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

I think they would be great as friends if nothing else. They both know what each other are going through with their sexuality and I can see them being friends i think that would be cute
Old 10-30-2007, 04:08 PM
Master Fan

I don't think we saw enough of them together, to be fair. I liked Heath, because he is adorable. He's different from Calvin, which is nice. But I don't know how much the show is going to delve into Calvin's personal life to be honest