Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-23-2008, 05:40 PM
Dedicated Fan

I watched this episode again a few nights ago...

I love how the opening scene was filmed. I assumed that Beth had called Mick telling him she was on her way over to talk with him.
But I wonder how long Mick was waiting by the door looking at the video footage.
I love the expression on his face as he watches her struggle with knocking or not.
Right away his first thoughts are she thinks I'm a monster ... she's scared of me and the situation. It was just an intense opening - awesome way to start the episode.

I adore the scene in the car where Beth asks him all the questions. It was both funny and heartwarming... "Can you fly" ... and I love the smile that comes over Micks face... you can finally see that he's losing that opinion of Beth seeing him as a monster.

I'm also curious to know more about how Josef became a vampire.... "those were good times" ... he seemed to be thrilled to be turned... so one would assume his "human" life before wasn't all that great... he has said to Mick that he would NEVER want to be turned back. It would be very interesting to see how it all started with him.... even more reason Moonlight just has to continue with a second season... I love these characters and want to know more.

I prefer the cleaning lady in this episode then the one we got in The Mortal Cure.
I don't know if she was a different cleaning lady or the same one just a new actress.

Also the last scene with Mick and Josef... Josef puts drops of something in Mick's drink... he gives it to Mick ... he sniffs it and puts it down...Josef say's "Hmmm" ..... does anyone know what that was all about?
Old 02-06-2009, 01:57 PM
Ultimate Fan

Episode 1.03 (Dr. Feelgood)airs tonight on Scifi... feel free to to talk about it here...
Old 02-07-2009, 08:01 PM
Part-Time Fan

Not one of my fave eps, but lots of goodness in it anyway. The ending with Mick telling Beth he trusts her. Awww...plus him walking away down the hall...YUM! Heh.

I loved the vampire fight with Jeffrey and Mick. I felt bad for the doc though because it wasn't his fault. His stupid sire didn't help him transition.

Cute scene with Beth and Mick in the car too with them discussing food and flying. Hee!
Old 02-07-2009, 09:07 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKFan07 (View Post)
I loved the vampire fight with Jeffrey and Mick.
I never tire of vampire fights, which is odd. I get tired of regular fights, I get tired, really tired, of car chases, but not vamp fights. I think it's all that leaping and flying.

Quote:
I felt bad for the doc though because it wasn't his fault. His stupid sire didn't help him transition.
And it was interesting that it was so much more than just a physical transition or a diet change. I'm making the assumption that the doctor, being a doctor, had a least a modicum of concern for his fellow man (something which, as a medical assistant, I know isn't always the case!), and that ultimately disappeared.....but not immediately. It's almost like there's a window of opportunity to hang onto your personality, and once that's gone, forget it.

***I very much enjoyed being walked through the process of creating a vampire. This is an example of where I think voiceovers can work really well, providing details which could slow down the dialog if added there. And I liked the intercutting of the doctor's turning with Mick's.

***Loved the sire being a tweedy rocket scientist who was so happy at finally "fathering" a "child". I do so love the ordinariness of so many vamps in this show.

***Also loved the whole idea of the Cleaner. "Mr. Sloppy and Mr. Stupid."

***Beth still isn't staying in the car, thank goodness. Although I wound up grateful she stayed in the office until the Proud New Papa had left. Loved Mick telling her to "Stay!" 2 or 3 times.

***Good thing a staked vampire doesn't also have paralyzed vocal cords.

***I did a fair amount of eye rolling in this one over things said in public. Like Beth chastising the sire in the middle of a hospital hallway. Or Mick pushing the staked vampire through the hospital on a gurney with the stake in full view. Or Mick's exchange with Beth at the end while he was standing in the hall. It was a wee bit too convenient that no one was around any of those times.

***LOL at Josef's comment about his initial bloodlust being "good times".
Old 02-08-2009, 01:15 PM
Ultimate Fan

Dr. Feelgood... let me just say thats one of the many weird titles i've heard LOL. But over all it was a good episode.

-Mich watching beth walking back and forth in front of his apartmen ♥. You have to loke the look on his face when he's looking at the screen.
-Beths reaction to mick being a vampire was great. No to scared , but not to confident either.
-Bth trying to pry information about the conventient store murder from Carl
-GUILLERMO... completely rock. love that guy
-"Jeez, Guillermo, you're like a 12-year-old girl with the messages. Texting. Alright, I'm here, what's the emergency?" :rotl: favorite line in the episode.
-Beth asking mick to ask the other vampires if they know any thing
"There's not like a big club house where we all hang out."
-Mick walking us as a vampire the day after his wedding.. still harsh to watch it poor guy.
-Joself playing mini golf god would love to play with him LOL
-The cleaners ♥.. they always pick great actresses to play them except for the one in mortal cure that was hitting on Mick. Didn't like her
-Mr sloppy and mr stupid pricesless
-Gerald's and micks scene (in his office akward but hilarious
-Mick watching beth's report on his i-phone ♥♥♥♥
-Beth asking mick questions about vampires
BETH: Can you fly?
MICK: Mm-hmm. Just like Superman.
BETH: Really?
MICK: No. That'd be pretty cool though, wouldn't' it?
-Oh and who can forget Beth asking mich how old he is . you have to love the look on his face when she found out
-beth not staying in the car... what a big shocker
-Gerald staking Mick: BOOOO, but beth pulling the stake and
-Beth yelling at Gerald in the hospital . apparently she's not afraid at yelling at them
-and of course the ending with mick touching her hand ♥
-Also love the song at the end of the epsiode (Fauxliage -All the World). another great choose just like last weeks song at the end (8mm- Forever and Ever Amen)

Wow i don't think I ever used some many lol faces. well there were a lot of funny moment... i have to admit that
Well i think I got everything. No real explaining thing. It was pretty much a basic epsiode. But get ready for next weeks epsiode -fever. It will blow you away and after that the episodes get better and better...
Old 02-08-2009, 01:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So it was my second ep, and I'm really not so good with recapping what I love - don't know why but I always seem to forget details.

It definitely made me want to watch another episode and I love that Beth is so not scared of his world, more fascinated than anything and curious to know the difference between fact and fiction.

I'll probably think of something more to say later.
And it definitely made me want to see the next one

Chrissy |
Old 02-08-2009, 05:56 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissalaugha
It definitely made me want to watch another episode and I love that Beth is so not scared of his world, more fascinated than anything and curious to know the difference between fact and fiction.
I loved that too. Her excitement is contagious. The first time I saw this I questioned her lack of fear, but now I don't. She hadn't seen very much at this point (well, until she pulled a stake out of Mick!), and Mick doesn't inspire fear, at least not in me. Probably should, but he doesn't.

Something I forgot--the perennial question of how Beth reacted between the time she found out about Mick and the next day, when she's kibutzing (sp?) outside his door. I'm guessing she just....walked away. Maybe mumbled something like, "I'd better go," but I doubt she had a big emotional scene, or I think she would have apologized for that the next day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Susan~ (View Post)
-GUILLERMO... completely rock. love that guy
-"Jeez, Guillermo, you're like a 12-year-old girl with the messages. Texting. Alright, I'm here, what's the emergency?" :rotl: favorite line in the episode.
That was a good one!

Quote:
-Joself playing mini golf god would love to play with him LOL

You just want to play with his club.

Quote:
-The cleaners ♥.. they always pick great actresses to play them except for the one in mortal cure that was hitting on Mick. Didn't like her
My husband thought the cleaner was a hooker!

Quote:
-Beth asking mick questions about vampires
BETH: Can you fly?
MICK: Mm-hmm. Just like Superman.
BETH: Really?
MICK: No. That'd be pretty cool though, wouldn't' it?
Yes, it would be! But I find his leaping pretty cool too, so I'll settle for that.

Quote:
Also love the song at the end of the epsiode (Fauxliage -All the World). another great choose just like last weeks song at the end (8mm- Forever and Ever Amen)
I went looking for "Forever and Ever" and "Hungry Like a Wolf" right after last week's ep. Haven't listened to Duran Duran in years........

Quote:
Wow i don't think I ever used some many lol faces. well there were a lot of funny moment... i have to admit that
That's one of the things I love about this show: There's a great deal of humor in it. Not side splitters, but those little underhanded funnies that make me smile. It's a nice touch in what can be a very heavy genre. Did Buffy and Angel have similar humor? I never liked either of those, but ML is always being compared to Angel, so I was just wondering.

Quote:
But get ready for next weeks epsiode -fever. It will blow you away and after that the episodes get better and better...
I'm very much looking forward to seeing "Fever" again. And the one after that, which is where I officially fell in love with Beth when she tells Mick:

Spoiler:
Old 02-08-2009, 10:28 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
My husband thought the cleaner was a hooker!
Lol now that i think about it they do look like hookers

Quote:
You just want to play with his club.
haha when i'm done with mick LOL
Old 07-14-2009, 11:42 AM
Fan Forum Legend

What I liked about this episode was how we got flashbacks and information on how Coraline had turned Mick. The very end was my favourite cause of how Mick turned up at Beth's door to tell her about everything that Coraline had done to him. The part about the main storyline that I liked was how we saw what could happen if a vampire was turned but nobody to look after them. It was another look into vampire like
Old 07-14-2009, 01:49 PM
Elite Fan

I agree. I love how Mick decided to tell Beth everything and how after all these years, she was the first one he confided in. And I do love those flashbacks. I'll love you forever. Mick/Coraline FTW!

Like the philosopher Jagger once said: You can't always get what you want.
Yvonne
Old 07-14-2009, 02:10 PM
Ultimate Fan

Just finished watching the episode.

My list~
-Beth hesitating to visit mick, and Mick waiting by his door was just too cute.
-Beth prying info from carl was just funny : "don't you trust me"
-Guillermo, you're like a 12-year-old girl with the messages. Texting. Alright, I'm here, what's the emergency?" still favorite line in the episode.
-Beth's 20 question game about mick was great. And mick trying to weezle out from answering her question about his age was funny as hell
-Beth not staying in the car : shocking isn't it. How can mick not see that coming
-Beth comparing the stake to a piece of glass
-Oh and Mick coming to visit her the next day and telling her everything About time he trusted her

oh and i can't forget the song at the end (Fauxliage -All the World) love love love song still.
-
Old 07-14-2009, 02:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I loved that scene with Guillermo
Old 07-14-2009, 06:02 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Susan~ (View Post)
-Guillermo, you're like a 12-year-old girl with the messages. Texting. Alright, I'm here, what's the emergency?" still favorite line in the episode.
Mine too!

Quote:
-Beth not staying in the car : shocking isn't it. How can mick not see that coming
Something else for him to get used to, along with her being pushy.

Quote:
-Beth comparing the stake to a piece of glass
Reminds me of your funny screencap with Beth and the stake where she was saying, "You want me to put this where?"

I also really appreciated the "feral kitten" reference. Put the whole concept of a new vamp instantly in perspective.
Old 07-14-2009, 10:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

She really was pushy
Old 07-15-2009, 12:23 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
oh and i can't forget the song at the end (Fauxliage -All the World) love love love song still.
I can't listen to it without thinking of Ml.

Like the philosopher Jagger once said: You can't always get what you want.
Yvonne