Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-31-2009, 09:50 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy W (View Post)
Can't wait! I have my DVD's, but I'm trying to follow Sciffy's airing schedule and make them last longer.
Yeah that was the plan for me and then I said forget it and watched the whole thing over weekend
But now i'm following Scifi's schedule so I can keep up with the conversations on here...

Out of the Past was actually the episode that got me hooked on the show and was the first episode I saw of the show. I watched the episode during the shows winter hitus and was so excited about it. I couldn't wait for the next episode to air, but CBS decided no to show reruns during the hitus. So I had to go to a friends house and watch it on her computer (this was when I had dial up internet and I was on winter vacation) and got her into the show as well.

My list-
-♥ the fact josef came to cheer mick up with blood after he found out that Leejay was out.
- Beth saying mick's name out loud in her sleep . And the look on Josh's face when they were taking about it (haha)
-Beth's camera man.... love him. they should have had him in more episodes
-Beth visiting mick and giving him a thank you gift for saving her life and talking about his "dad" ♥ (trying to know him better maybe)
-Mick visiting Bobby was great especially their talking about being senior citizens now.
-The looks between M/B at the release part ... and mick telling her to trust him
-Lee jay smashing his head and shooting himself :angry: (what a nut job)
-Josef "you made the news". Mick "great"
-Mick going to beth for help and wanting to tell her he's a vamp (just tell her already LOL)
-And of course beth saving mick ♥
-and the ending: drove me crazy (that the part that really got me hooked)

Things I could stand:
-How lee jay would call Mick crazy when we know he's the crazy one
-The ending: don't get me wrong I love love love the ending, but when i first watched it I just wanted it to keep going

So i think I got everything. Overall loved the episode, but a part of me wished that beth didn't find out that Mick was a vamp so early. It would have been interesting to see some tension between the two and Mick trying to hide (or explain) his actions (like the high jumping and how he finds out certain things from crime scenes). I think its just me, but would have loved that...
Old 01-31-2009, 11:56 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Susan~ (View Post)
Yeah that was the plan for me and then I said forget it and watched the whole thing over weekend
It remains to be seen whether or not I actually have the fortitude to pull this off.

Quote:
-♥ the fact josef came to cheer mick up with blood after he found out that Leejay was out.
That was sweet. He tries to come off as this hard case, but we know better.

Quote:
-Mick visiting Bobby was great especially their talking about being senior citizens now.
Agreed. And it was a huge visual reminder of the price of immortality--watching those you love grow old and die.

Quote:
-And of course beth saving mick ♥
"Why does the girl always have to wait in the car?" Why, to save the guy when he gets his a## kicked.

Here's mine:

**Granted I'd only seen this episode once, but I had seen it, so I remembered enough to know what happened. Why, then, did I still want to reach through my TV screen and strangle LeeJay? Good writing, good acting.

**With all due respect to Mick's scruples, I'm with Josef on this one. Waste the guy. Now. Right away, before he kills again or exposes you. It really is that simple. (At least in TV land.)

**Josef's "come here" finger flippie in the party flashback made me think of Neo in The Matrix. Do we ever find out when and how Mick and Josef met? Or why Mick's famous scruples don't seem to be in effect in that party scene?

**I never get tired of watching Mick scale buildings. You'd think with all the "vamp powers" I'd latch onto something a little more sexy, but no, it's that one which tickles me.

**There was a lot of criticism of this episode regarding having Mick stay in one place for so long. I'm guessing they were trying to address that directly by showing how that would be possible (posing as your own son, etc.) and acknowledging that sometimes you have to "relocate", as Josef said.

**LOL at Josef's noting the term "firearm enhancement". And I'm not surprised his hot dog sports car is red while Mick's is black.

**Absolutely loved the deliciously awkward scene where Mick turns up at Beth's apartment and Josh just doesn't know what to do. There was so much going on between Josh and Mick that was unspoken, a whole other scene's worth of dialog delivered only in looks and body language. Further proof of how much good actors can add to what's on the page even when what's on the page is already good.

**I cringed all over again at Mick's shaking and twitching and hiding as Beth cornered him at the end. When this first ran, I was floored that Beth discovered Mick was a vampire at the end of the only the second episode. I was fully expecting her hunt for Mick's secret to last most, if not all, of the first season, with the big "reveal" as the end of season cliffhanger, and I'm so glad that's not the way it played out. What a different show that would have been!
Old 01-31-2009, 05:13 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
**I cringed all over again at Mick's shaking and twitching and hiding as Beth cornered him at the end. When this first ran, I was floored that Beth discovered Mick was a vampire at the end of the only the second episode. I was fully expecting her hunt for Mick's secret to last most, if not all, of the first season, with the big "reveal" as the end of season cliffhanger, and I'm so glad that's not the way it played out. What a different show that would have been!
Same here... gives me chills when he was shaking and trying to get into his apartment. And to make it worse for him beth show up asking questions. It makes me wonder what happened after that scene when the credit showed. Did she say anything else of run out in fear?

As for beth finding out early... when i first saw the show I was kind of glad that she found out at the end of the second episode. But now that the show is over i've been looking at the series as "what if this happened instead of that."
And the idea i had was Beth doesn't find out at least inteal the mid or end of season 2 (i know some of you hate me now for saying that lol) and have some tension between mick and beth before she found out he was a vamp( i know i know it starting to sound a lot like season two of Lois and Clark: the new adventures of Superman ) Also love to see him make some dumb excuse to her about not eating, hating to be in direct sunlight etc...
Old 01-31-2009, 08:05 PM
Passionate Fan

^ Something else that occurred to me.....he was darned lucky it was Beth that walked in and not someone else. He'd left the door open; granted, the man was badly injured, but still, can you imagine if the building super walked in to find him sucking on bags of blood?

I honestly don't recall how the next episode starts, so I gather there's a gap between his "I'm a vampire" and where the next ep starts? I'll find out next week, if I can keep my sweaty little hands off my DVD's, that is.

Beth finding out later was absolutely what I expected. I figured they'd use most, if not all of the first season with her getting closer and closer; that's usually the way an "I've got a secret" story works, and no wonder because there are loads of options for dramatic tension before the big "Ta Daa!" I was very, very surprised when that didn't happen, and last night I recalled how very, very surprised I was. I enjoyed her knowing because it put Mick in the position of having to explain certain things to her, and we had the benefit of an outsider's viewpoint on the vampire world. And I'm glad in retrospect because we only got this one season. So they got to be together in ways they wouldn't have if the writers had waited to let her into the "vampire club".
Old 01-31-2009, 08:29 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
^ Something else that occurred to me.....he was darned lucky it was Beth that walked in and not someone else. He'd left the door open; granted, the man was badly injured, but still, can you imagine if the building super walked in to find him sucking on bags of blood?
LOL yeah I know huh. He was very every lucky that it was beth. But I feel that mick was hoping it was someone else and not beth during the scene. During the beginning I feel that he never wanted Beth to know.

Quote:
I honestly don't recall how the next episode starts, so I gather there's a gap between his "I'm a vampire" and where the next ep starts? I'll find out next week, if I can keep my sweaty little hands off my DVD's, that is.
it starts off the next day (or a couple days after the last scene) where Beth is walking back and forth from micks door and the elevator trying to decide whether to talk to mick. I don't think they really say how she reacted to seeing mick all vamp
Old 07-13-2009, 01:28 PM
Elite Fan

I loved Mick/Josef in this one!!

Quote:
MICK: Have you seen this? They are letting him out.

JOSEF: Yeah, I knew you'd be on the war path, so I brought you some fresh blood.

MICK: Never underestimate the stupidity of what humans will do.

JOSEF: Hey, cut them some slack. I believe you used to be one, before you became a vampire.

BETH ON TV: You seem pretty convinced by this guy. I mean he was a ...

JOSEF: Hey, is that your friend? The blond? Hmm, I'd like to meet her someday. What? I'm just saying.

JULIA ON TV: During the last two years, while researching this book, I really got to know Lee Jay. He is an amazing individual. Really a lesson to us all. Think of it, 25 years and he hold absolutely no grudge against the man who wrongly convicted him.

JOSEF: Please. I should get her to write a book about me. Make me sound all innocent and suffering.

MICK: She's involved with him.

JOSEF: You think? Humans don't know how to properly deal with their bad guys. And what else is new? You wanna take matters into your own hands. Now, come on, I got a few hours to kill. Okay, there's why should just let the guilt go, ok? What this guy Lee Jay did, that wasn't your fault.

MICK: Yes, it was. You weren't there. A woman's dead because of me.
Quote:
JOSEF: You made the news.

MICK: Great

JOSEF: Hmm, yeah. Apparently, attempted murder. The charge against you carries a 25 year penalty. The firearm enhancement adds another 15. That's what they called it. Enhancement.

MICK: He's getting exactly what he wants. Me in prison as payback and free reign with no one to stop him.

JOSEF: And you get nothing. Look, a prison is not the vampire's friend.

MICK: No.

JOSEF: Look on the positive side. In 25 years, you'll probably get a boot deal.

MICK: Thank you.

JOSEF: You're way off your game, pal.

MICK: What did you say?

JOSEF: You heard me.

MICK: He had 25 years to plan his next move. You wouldn't have seen it coming either.

JOSEF: It's not what I meant. Why didn't you kill him, Mick? Why didn't you take this guy out? Why didn't you end him?!

MICK: With Lee Jay alive, there is a chance the truth will come out.

JOSEF: You think so?

MICK: Yeah.

JOSEF: It's not that you're worried about what some blond reporter might think of you when you had given that guy what he deserved?

MICK: This is a chance for me to erase a regret.

JOSEF: I really don't see how. You're gonna have to split, you know that? You know, a new town, a new identity. I know a guy who does relocations. He works with a lot of vamps.

MICK: I leave, more people die? No man. I'm not going anywhere.
And I still love how Beth found out about Mick being a vampire.

Like the philosopher Jagger once said: You can't always get what you want.
Yvonne
Old 07-13-2009, 02:32 PM
Ultimate Fan

So like i've said before this was actually the first episode I saw of this show, and I only caught the last 20 minutes of the show. But those 20 minutes really got me to love moonlight. Esspecially the ending when mick admits he's a vampire...

My list:

-Leeja was a good character, but as some of you will agree, is really really crazy.
- Beth calling out micks name in her sleep made me . Watch josh lol
-Josef just being there for mick in the episode was just great. I especially loved how he said "you made the news" when mick was on the run.
-Mick going to beth for help and wanted to admit he was a vampire made me so happy. He really really wants to be honest with this girl
-Beth saving mick just fit really well. I mean Mick did save her in the last episode. She had to pay him back for that.
-And of Course the last scene was so great and makes you want to find out what happens next between these two.

Overall the plot was great and no boring moments at all. Can't wait for tomorrow
Old 07-13-2009, 05:29 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Susan~ (View Post)
-Josef just being there for mick in the episode was just great. I especially loved how he said "you made the news" when mick was on the run.
I love that whole scene with the two of them. And the cars.

Quote:
-Beth saving mick just fit really well. I mean Mick did save her in the last episode. She had to pay him back for that.
The first of many times where Beth just won't stay put. (Thank goodness! Mick would've been toast so many times if Beth had done what he'd said and stayed in the car, or the room, or wherever.)
Old 07-13-2009, 07:10 PM
Total Fan

LeeJay is so creepy, omg.

Loved the scene with Mick and Josef. Their interactions are always fantastic.

Ok, I have to admit that I actually really liked Josh in this episode. The scene where Mick turns up at Beth's apartment was great. I loved it when he said he'll help Mick.

"Why does the girl always have to wait in the car?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy W (View Post)
The first of many times where Beth just won't stay put. (Thank goodness! Mick would've been toast so many times if Beth had done what he'd said and stayed in the car, or the room, or wherever.)
Word! Loved the whole scene of Beth saving Mick. The look of hesitation on her face and the flashbacks. Great acting, too.

And of course, the last scene. How can anyone not love this scene? Omg, I'm falling in love with these two all over again

Old 07-14-2009, 04:57 AM
Fan Forum Legend

That last scene Such a turning point for the show, and I won't get tired of saying how much I loved that it happened to early on. The show would've been so different (and less awesome) if they had gone for the usual routine of having the 'secret' being dragged out for ages. The acting in the moment was incredible, Mick's face breaks my heart
Old 07-14-2009, 11:20 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I d the Mick/Josef scenes and also loved the flashbacks. I also loved that with this show, and Mick's voiceovers always were a favourite. Loved how it was Beth that saved Mick this time. Really loved how that ended up with how Mick did save her in the first episode

Josef's car was HAWT