Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-04-2008, 04:06 PM
Dedicated Fan

The door... Why didn't he shut the door?! That really bugged me. It ade no sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pav
Clearly, they could have make her find out in a smarter way.
Exactly! I'm glad they're done with the finding out part, but... it could have been better. And I also didn't like her reaction. I mean, it was ok, not screaming and running away and all, but... deep down inside, she should know already. With all the strangeness of the 25 year old case with the same Mick St, John on it? Come on! And she's the one who came up with the vampire story in the previous episode. And then she gets there, and doesn't she see the blood bags on the table (or whatever that was), and in his mouth (even if it's just for a second)? Oh, and isn't it weird that he was shot, and still, she goes to look for him at his place, not the hospital? She knew what he was, she just couldn't believe herself, which is understandable.
But for all this... I didn't like her shocked reaction. She's smarter than that. She's braver than that. Didn't she see how scared he was of her reaction? She should have reached out to him, give him some kind of reassurance. Damn, she should have stayed with him, at least for a while, help him out, make sure he'd be ok.

Am I asking too much? lol

Old 02-04-2008, 11:58 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
The door... Why didn't he shut the door?! That really bugged me. It ade no sense.
What door? Sorry, but I can't think of that scene at the moment.

Quote:
Oh, and isn't it weird that he was shot, and still, she goes to look for him at his place, not the hospital?
I think she did go there, only to find out he wasn't admitted anywhere and then went to his place. Mick went to Josef first to get the blood and then went back to his place.

Quote:
I didn't like her shocked reaction. She's smarter than that.
Really? I thought they did that very well. She knew something was different about him, but a vampire? And seeing the blood and the eyes and the fangs? That will scare anyone, no matter how smart they are.

Quote:
BETH: What did he mean 'I know what you are'? Ooh, right here. Mick. What did he mean?

MICK: I don't know.

BETH: I don't believe you.

MICK: How about we get Julia first?

BETH: How about you finally answering a question without evading or disappearing?

MICK: Hour's almost up.

BETH: Like that.

MICK: We all have secrets, Beth. And that's not evading.

Like the philosopher Jagger once said: You can't always get what you want.
Yvonne
Old 02-05-2008, 10:29 AM
Dedicated Fan

lol ok, I guess I am asking too much =P I suppose I'm not really seeing Beth there, but myself in her place. Which is silly of me =)

Quote:
I think she did go there, only to find out he wasn't admitted anywhere and then went to his place. Mick went to Josef first to get the blood and then went back to his place.
Good point. You're right. But in that case... why didn't he stay with Josef for a while until he got better? =P That would have made sense.

But anyway, I enjoyed the episode. =)

Old 02-06-2008, 01:22 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
why didn't he stay with Josef for a while until he got better? =P That would have made sense.
True. Maybe Josef was busy doing whatever and Mick just picked up the blood. Maybe without Josef even knowing about it.

Yvonne
Old 02-06-2008, 06:57 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkpaisley (View Post)
What door? Sorry, but I can't think of that scene at the moment.
Mick's door He left it open, that's how Beth got in and saw him in vamp mode.

I liked Beth's reaction! And I also loved that she found out so early on in the show, I had a feeling it would take forever. Overall I really like this episode, I think the plot was good (that guy plotting against Mick made me so nervous!) and it had good character development. One thing that left me unimpressed watching it now was the guy threatening Mick with fire, once again it's not as effective now that we know Mick has noble blood and the fire wouldn't hurt him
Old 02-07-2008, 12:01 PM
Dedicated Fan

Just finished watching the episode again.

Beth's gift to Mick ... do you ever see it again in future episodes?

It would be nice if Beth could have a friend who interacts with her in more then one episode. It was revealed in the episode that they are "good" friends. I wonder if Julia will ever pop up again in other episodes.

I had no problems with the way that Beth found out about Mick. But watching it again I would have liked to have seen her reaction when Mick actually said "I'm a vampire". I'm also curious to know if there are any deleted scenes or extended scenes of the ending. It would be cool if their was an alternate or more to the scene then what we saw.
Old 02-08-2008, 01:37 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:

Beth's gift to Mick ... do you ever see it again in future episodes?
I think so, when Mick and Josef are having a drink after Lola has been killed. Not sure if it's the same Scotch, but it could be.

Quote:
I'm also curious to know if there are any deleted scenes or extended scenes of the ending. It would be cool if their was an alternate or more to the scene then what we saw.
I hope so too!

Yvonne
Old 02-08-2008, 01:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah, I always wondered what exactly happened after he said "I'm a vampire"...
Old 02-08-2008, 01:37 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovecat (View Post)
Yeah, I always wondered what exactly happened after he said "I'm a vampire"...
I think he kept insisting she leave and Beth was so shocked that I think she did without any resistance.

Yvonne
Old 02-08-2008, 01:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Probably, yeah
Old 02-09-2008, 10:03 PM
Dedicated Fan

And it still breaks my heart when Mick say's "Please don't look at me" - he was so afraid that her knowing he was a vampire - would be something she could never accept. Mick couldn't stand not having Beth in his life... the irony of it all is that he has Coraline to thank for it. If he wasn't changed into a vampire and Coraline never kidnapped Beth... they would never have met.
Old 01-29-2009, 02:21 AM
Elite Fan

Episode 2 airing on SciFi, Friday January 30th 9.00 pm
Old 01-29-2009, 08:36 PM
Passionate Fan

Can't wait! I have my DVD's, but I'm trying to follow Sciffy's airing schedule and make them last longer.
Old 01-30-2009, 05:33 PM
Part-Time Fan

This episode has one of the best scenes in the entire show...the very end, when Beth finds out he's a vampire. Alex's eyes, even though he has the vampire contacts in, say everything. He's amazing.
Old 01-31-2009, 03:11 AM
Elite Fan

That was a great scene
Both rocked it!