Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2004, 04:06 AM
Passionate Fan

Zenmasters #131: Because she packed him a special lunch.

Courtesy of Swede

Jackie and Hyde, the perfect example of Opposites Attract
He's aloof.
She's affable.
He likes Led Zeppelin.
She likes ABBA.
The list goes on.

Despite those differences, though, they have what it takes to make it work. Jackie needs an anchor to pull her back to earth when she gets carried away; Hyde needs someone to care for. They were both abandoned by their parents and never really experienced true love. They don't make the perfect couple, but that's just what makes it even more appealing. The chemistry's undeniable and it's always nice to see the softer side of a self-proclaimed 'badass'. They may seem 'creepy and unnatural' to their friends, but to us they seem just ideal for one another.

-Originally written by Lucii

Wallpaper courtesy of -diana-

Collage by ~*Ambrosia*~

*Rules*

- No bashing. Don't like the couple, don't post. Simple as that.
- Don't double-post. Make use of that "edit post" button.
- Don't quote images. It eats up bandwidth and makes the thread unnecessarily slower.
- No direct linking images.
- No lurking. We're all nice so come join the fun!
- Do not post spoilers. Believe it or not, some people just don't want to know. All spoiler and spoiler-ish discussion belongs on the J/H Spoiler/Speculation Thread #21
- No "Keeper" lists, sorry.

Moments Of Zen

((Link to other moments here))

If you would like to be added to the Zenmasters list please PM swedishfan.

*Hyde & Jackie Related Links *

Opposites: Jackie & Hyde's Index
Kezune's That 70's Show Music Videos
Washi's Site
The FotoHut
PaperBag
360 degress art studio
Shimmer
Badass Cafe
That '70s Fanfic Archive
Jackie and Hyde stories
FanFiction.net
Jackie and Hyde 'Zenmasters' Yahoo group
HydeandJackie Yahoogroup
Jackie/Hyde Fanlisting: Opposites Attract
Nicole's Music Videos

*For those looking for some recommended J/H fics...*

--The Best of ZenFic: Part one

--The Best of ZenFic: Part two

--The Best of ZenFic: Part three

-----------------------------------------

Q1. What episode turned you into a zennie?

Q2. What's your favorite scary movie?

Q3. Who did Jackie invite to Hyde's party in 'Hyde Gets the Girl'? (Robotica got it, "Big Rhonda" ;D

Oh, I steal things all the time. It's just something I do. I stopped caring a long time ago.

Last edited by Lucii; 10-08-2004 at 11:48 AM
Old 10-08-2004, 04:11 AM
Master Fan

Q1: "Whole Lotta Love" being the first T7S episode I actually watched, fully and with actual focus..."Whole Lotta Love." So, they basically had me since I knew them.

Q2: "Requiem for a Dream." Not actually a horror movie, and I get scared at anything, even if it's not that scary. So, I just went with something that truly strikes fear, and does so in most who watch it. No monsters, just people...but sometimes, they're the worst.

Also on my list of favorite movies ever.

Q3: Hell if I know. Some girls?
Old 10-08-2004, 04:13 AM
Elite Fan

Nice start to the new thread Felicity.

Now...onto the questions...

Quote:

Q3. Who did Jackie invite to Hyde's party in 'Hyde Gets the Girl'?
Q1. Took me a bit to warm up to J/H as a couple, so sometime mid season 5, though I can't pinpoint the exact ep anymore...

Q2. Considering I'm not a scary movie person, this one's a lil difficult. Guess I'll go with the Scream movies since they were scary, but I didn't find them horribly disturbing...unlike most scary/horror movies. To this day I'm not sure why that is...

Q3. This one's obvious...Big Rhonda...
Old 10-08-2004, 04:15 AM
Master Fan

Oh, crap, I almost said Rhonda. Then I almost said "some ugly girl(s)." Which is weird, 'cause I never thought Rhonda was ugly. Then I got all confused.

Seriously, "Requiem" is the most terrifying thing I've ever seen. And it's so disgusting, in its way. But it has actual purpose and stuff, so it doesn't turn me off, like a lot of scary movies do...scary and stupid and pointless, they are...

Movies should have a point.
Old 10-08-2004, 04:22 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Airie75
Oh, crap, I almost said Rhonda. Then I almost said "some ugly girl(s)." Which is weird, 'cause I never thought Rhonda was ugly. Then I got all confused.

Seriously, "Requiem" is the most terrifying thing I've ever seen. And it's so disgusting, in its way. But it has actual purpose and stuff, so it doesn't turn me off, like a lot of scary movies do...scary and stupid and pointless, they are...

Movies should have a point.
Hee. Robotica wins. I did make that pretty simple, but I couldn't think of anything better. Besides, I think it says something about Jackie at that time. She knew a lot of pretty girls that she could have invited...

I love Rhonda, though.

Anyway, mine are:

1.) Tie between Jackie Bags Hyde and Cat Fight Club (both of which I saw in syndication).

2.) Dawn of the Dead...the original one. Airie, you can't knock horror movies!! They're the best. And movies should be entertaining. Not necessarily deep or meaningful. Anyways, scary movies have a point: to entertain and scare you!

3.) Yeah...Rhonda. Sorry, the question was lame. But it's late.

And Airie, Mel and I are pretty busy, so I'm not exactly sure when the last part of the NG will be up. Actually, I have midterms for the next two weeks, so most likely not anytime soon.

Oh, I steal things all the time. It's just something I do. I stopped caring a long time ago.
Old 10-08-2004, 04:23 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Then I almost said "some ugly girl(s)." Which is weird, 'cause I never thought Rhonda was ugly. Then I got all confused.
Only time I ever thought Rhonda got hit a few times with the ugly stick was in It's a Wonderful Life. The way they had her looking during Hyde/Donna's wedding with Eric was beyond disgusting.

Ironically, that was also the ep she looked the best...later at the 10th anniversary prom without the fat suit...

Quote:
I think it says something about Jackie at that time. She knew a lot of pretty girls that she could have invited...
Always found it a little strange that she only brought Rhonda to the party when it was set up to bring no less than 2 girls...unless she was counting herself in the two...hmmm...

But then again, Donna only brought that one Melissa chick from work. Excused that simply because she was at work at the time and rounded her up at last minute though...
Old 10-08-2004, 04:59 AM
Master Fan

Well, "Dawn of the Dead" was supposed to have some sort of metaphor about the sorry state of society, so I'll forgive it.

Totally feelin' you on the midterms.

Yeah, parts of "It's A Wonderful Life" had Rhonda looking gross.

Interestingly, there's a reference to her in season 3 ("Kitty's Birthday (That's Today?!)", I believe), and then she's in the season 4 premiere, but I don't think we actually get to meet Rhonda for real until "Hyde Gets A Girl."

And, in the season 4 premiere, she's a total bitch. And then you meet her later in the season, and she's adorable!!!! What is that all about?
Old 10-08-2004, 05:06 AM
Master Fan

Now, tell me they WOULDN'T make one of the cutest couples of modern times.

Old 10-08-2004, 05:20 AM
Master Fan

Hello everyone!

I've never gotten to participate in the questions... mainly because I hardly find time to post anymore. But here goes...

Q1- I would say Cat Fight Club was when I first thought they would be really cute together... but they both had always been my fave characters independently, so it's hard to say for sure. I was a Hyde fan from day one... and I hated when he liked Donna.

Q2- It's not my fave scary movie, but its one that to this day I can't watch... "When A Stranger Calls." It's this creepy 70s B Movie where the babysitter is watching the kids, and this crazy dude is in the house, and he's painted so he looks like the wall and she doesn't see him, and then you see his eyes. And he kills the kids... crap just gave myself the chills.

Q3- Doesn't really need an answer since Robotica got it.

And Airie... I agree they would be the cutest couple. I'm still hoping for them. Maybe after the show is over and they don't see each other every day... they'll realize they should date
Old 10-08-2004, 05:23 AM
New Fan

airie--they would rock so hard if they were a couple.
but what the hell are they doing? leapfrog?
Old 10-08-2004, 05:51 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
]And, in the season 4 premiere, she's a total bitch. And then you meet her later in the season, and she's adorable!!!! What is that all about?
Hell if I know... Just another instance of the writers taking one too many hits of the crack pipe it seems...
Old 10-08-2004, 05:51 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by mystic2182
Q2- It's not my fave scary movie, but its one that to this day I can't watch... "When A Stranger Calls." It's this creepy 70s B Movie where the babysitter is watching the kids, and this crazy dude is in the house, and he's painted so he looks like the wall and she doesn't see him, and then you see his eyes. And he kills the kids... crap just gave myself the chills.
Holy *****.

Hey, no argument here that they should hook up.

The thing I'm thinking is he just did something funny/stupid and she's just laughing all over him.

Last edited by Airie75; 10-08-2004 at 06:50 AM
Old 10-08-2004, 05:59 AM
Loyal Fan

Hey Zennies
The Prom in S1. I watched most of S1/S2, before it disappeared from our main TV channel and went to satalite. Then picked it up again when we got that satalite channel during the reruns of S4, they previewed S5 J/H goodness during these epi's

Don't really watch many scary movies, Im just not interested, so probably the scream trilogy

Q3. Who did Jackie invite to Hyde's party in 'Hyde Gets the Girl'?
Big Rhonda!
Old 10-08-2004, 06:39 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Holy *****.

Hey, no argument here that they should hook up.

I thing I'm thinking is he just did something funny/stupid and she's just laughing all over him.

Yeah I know... never rent that movie if you ever intend to babysit again. I even left out some graphic details. And the thing that makes it worse is that its a B movie, so it's all grainy, like someone made it in their home.... bleeehhhh!

I think the pic is from an Mtv thing they all did when the show was brand new... don't remember the details, but I think they were playing some sort of game, and Mila threw something the farthest.

Lucii probably knows!
Old 10-08-2004, 06:52 AM
Master Fan

She looks a little older than season 1. But he looks season 1.

She looks kinda season 1.

I'm all confused again.

Mel, I took a stab at answering your question on the Rebel thread.