Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2004, 08:50 PM
Master Fan

What are you kiddies talking about? More J/H? Ugh...don't you people have anything better to talk about?

So, the question of the day is what eppie did it for you J/H-wise? Hmm...seriously, I'd have to say CFC...but only a little bit. I guess I appreciated the way Hyde calmed Jackie down...helped her to see that she had a cool side if only she'd tap into it. Of course I didn't become a weekly fan of the show until the end of S4 and I really had no premonition that they'd actually get those two together...but then S5 came along and wah-la!

And it's weird, although J/H coupling was the primary reason I kept watching the show each week...I have to admit my obsession with them didn't really begin until S6 began. They were more a curiosity during S5 then anything. I was always amazed with how much calmer and sensible acting Jackie was with Hyde. They kept you guessing (they still do) as to what their like when they were alone. The episode that did propel me into obsession status was oddly enough NBFMB. I thought to myself after Hyde screwed up (literally)...'please, sweet jesus don't let Jackie go back to Kelso!' Although hilarious together in their own shallow self-serving type of way...they were a emotional train wreck in progress and to have them get back together would have been a disservice to them both.
Love is a smoke made with the fume of sighs. Being purged, a fire sparkling in lovers' eyes. Being vexed, a sea nourished with lovers' tears. What is it else? A madness most discreet, a choking gall and a preserving sweet. - William Shakespeare...
Old 09-06-2004, 09:41 PM
Master Fan

The fact that J/H tend to be a private couple is a double-edged sword for me. I love that they don't feel the need to talk about all their issues with everyone else, that's never been how Hyde is... and Jackie's changed that way... but at the same time it sucks that we don't know as much about them as a couple as we do for E/D or even J/K when they were together.

And I think the thing I like the most about J/H besides them together in general, is the way everyone is with them. I love that Eric is able to tease Hyde a little (uh oh Jackie, looks like Steven doesn't want to wear his big boy clothes)... and I think the interaction is better. We've gotten to see Hyde in a different light, whereas before he was the one handing down the advice to everyone else, but never really being himself.

I think I'm way too excited about the premiere.
Old 09-06-2004, 09:55 PM
Master Fan

Okay so I just saw Bye-Bye Basement. Never seen it before! Can you believe that?

The part where Jackie burns Eric and Hyde gives her "five"! Soooo cute! See, they were totally friends. I them!

Icon by Me.
~Deej is fine~
Old 09-06-2004, 10:10 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by DJDonkeyGirl
Okay so I just saw Bye-Bye Basement. Never seen it before! Can you believe that?

The part where Jackie burns Eric and Hyde gives her "five"! Soooo cute! See, they were totally friends. I them!
I just saw that one too! The *gimme five* was so CUTE! If there's one thing Hyde appreciates is a good burn.

My favorite part though was Hyde & Eric after Hyde tells him how his parents split on him again.

Eric: "It's okay..you're home now--"
Hyde: "Shut up."
Eric: (trying to hug Hyde) "Let me love you orphan-boy!" ROTFLMAO
Hyde: "No. There's no way that me and your ex-girlfriend who's now my current girlfriend are going to dinner with you and your new girlfriend who doesn't want to be you girlfriend but is carrying your illegitmate child. It's like hillbilly terrority."

--That 70's Show--
Old 09-06-2004, 10:13 PM
Loyal Fan

more avies

crazy_fan ~ I've never seen you around here before so I just want to welcome you to the zen world!

The night is young
We wait for love
Upside down we dream
At home we sleep, and wait to leave
Upside down we dream
Old 09-06-2004, 11:02 PM
Master Fan

Wow...dra-ma on the Archives indeed! When did everybody get so ticky about other folks stories?

I suppose it will always remain a mystery to me concerning the whole...'Why are there so many J/H stories and not more J/K, D/E, J/E, H/D or Fez stories that don't involve slash?' If at one moment or another you have wondered or even asked that question, why not sit down and write a story concerning the couple you'd like to read about or that you think are better suited together? No one is stopping you.

Is it not obvious that people write about what THEY are interested in and it may or may not be what stirs someone else's personal interest?

I don't know...maybe it's just me...but I fail to see the logic in getting mad that SOMEONE ELSE doesn't write the type of story you would personally be interested in when you have the option to do so yourself.

Hmph! And to think this whole thing spawned from my reluctance in wearing the smut crown.
Love is a smoke made with the fume of sighs. Being purged, a fire sparkling in lovers' eyes. Being vexed, a sea nourished with lovers' tears. What is it else? A madness most discreet, a choking gall and a preserving sweet. - William Shakespeare...
Old 09-06-2004, 11:28 PM
Master Fan

Darb... I haven't been to the archives in awhile but it sounds like I need to go over there and check it out. People are upset that there's too many J/H fics? I agree with your statement... if you want a fic of another couple and you're not seeing it, try and write it yourself.

Writers can't help if they feel more comfortable writing for a certain couple. There just happens to be a lot of J/H lovers willing to write.
Old 09-06-2004, 11:34 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by mystic2182
Writers can't help if they feel more comfortable writing for a certain couple. There just happens to be a lot of J/H lovers willing to write.
I can understand your point here, though I do wish some other writers would represent some other couples there as well. Personally with the few stories I've written, I've touched on J/H, D/H, and F/E. And I must say I smut to no end as well, but just don't have the nerve to attempt writing it.
Old 09-06-2004, 11:42 PM
Master Fan

I have written other couples, though usually J/H is the main focus of it. I just find it easier to write for them. Annie and I are currently writing a group fic, wanting to let other fans enjoy some fic... and I can only speak for myself, but since I like J/H the most out of everyone, its easier to write from their perspectives. I'd rather write a good J/H fic, than an okay E/D fic.
Old 09-06-2004, 11:48 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by mystic2182
I have written other couples, though usually J/H is the main focus of it. I just find it easier to write for them. Annie and I are currently writing a group fic, wanting to let other fans enjoy some fic... and I can only speak for myself, but since I like J/H the most out of everyone, its easier to write from their perspectives. I'd rather write a good J/H fic, than an okay E/D fic.
I can understand that. For some reason, I find it easier overall to write from Hyde's perspective, though I don't think I'm too bad at the Donna voice either. Have yet to attempt other the other character's POV though, so this is solely based on my own experience. Honestly not sure which story I'll write next, though an idea on a group fic about strip poker seems to have entered my mind. Could really make Kelso look like an idiot there...
Old 09-07-2004, 12:09 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Robotica
I can understand that. For some reason, I find it easier overall to write from Hyde's perspective, though I don't think I'm too bad at the Donna voice either. Have yet to attempt other the other character's POV though, so this is solely based on my own experience. Honestly not sure which story I'll write next, though an idea on a group fic about strip poker seems to have entered my mind. Could really make Kelso look like an idiot there...
Although it's much easier for me to write J/H I am finding that I like to write through the others POV. It gives me a sort of well rounded feeling. I didn't say I was good at it, that's why I'm happy to have Cari helpin' a girl out.

Icon by Me.
~Deej is fine~
Old 09-07-2004, 12:12 AM
Master Fan

Quote:

Hmph! And to think this whole thing spawned from my reluctance in wearing the smut crown. [/B]
I just thought it would be funny. But I do have to say. This place is way fun when there's drama! ...I should so be on Dawson's Creek or 90210. Granted they're both of the air but...eh, you get it!

Icon by Me.
~Deej is fine~
Old 09-07-2004, 12:13 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Robotica
Honestly not sure which story I'll write next, though an idea on a group fic about strip poker seems to have entered my mind. Could really make Kelso look like an idiot there...
That sounds great.

I don't remember which episode got me loving J/H.

Darbi, I emailed you.

And about drama over at Kiki's site- I didn't really think it seemed too bad. I understand DJ being annoyed at getting a lower rating just because of the characters. But it didn't seem to me like her or Cari got really annoyed by it. I don't know, just an observer's observation.

I like J/H best, and there are some couples that I don't like, D/H for instance, because I think of them more as family than anything else. But if someone liked my style of writing and requested some other characters, I could write a D/H. Or a F/K, or E/H, or anything. Because I love all of the characters. It's just easier to write for the characters you love the most.

Yeah, I didn't make any sense.

Anyway, I agree with what Darbi said, too. If you're an author and you want more of a certain couple, than write more of that couple. You can't really complain about what other people like, even if you don't understand their reasons for liking them.

Oh, I steal things all the time. It's just something I do. I stopped caring a long time ago.
Old 09-07-2004, 12:19 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
[i
And about drama over at Kiki's site- I didn't really think it seemed too bad. I understand DJ being annoyed at getting a lower rating just because of the characters. But it didn't seem to me like her or Cari got really annoyed by it. I don't know, just an observer's observation.

]
I can't speak for Cari, but I can say that I wasn't that annoyed. Not even because of the rating...because it was meant as more fun for Darbi, but I do appreciate the love being thrown our way!

Icon by Me.
~Deej is fine~
Old 09-07-2004, 12:37 AM
Passionate Fan

DJ-when will you update Who's Your Daddy? Hmm? I'm waiting, sista!!!

Hey, this is my 700th post!!!
And show me that you love me.