Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2014, 07:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Ah, yet another example of a wasted S6 episode. Could've taken place before "Christmas," as a foreshadowing for Jackie being kicked off the squad then declining reinstatement. I just scanned the transcript of "Christmas," and Jackie never says why she got kicked off the squad. Maybe one of the reasons is that she defended Donna, adding to Julie's (head cheerleader) sense of Jackie's uncoolness.

Maybe I'll put this into the comics. *opens file* Oh, I already have some backstory to Jackie getting kicked off the squad. Well, I'll just add this bit to it. *does*
Old 01-03-2014, 11:57 AM
Obsessed Fan

That would have been an interesting backstory about why Jackie was kicked off.

The only time I remember really seeing Jackie with other friends was the S1 Christmas episode when she was with her cheerleading friends at the party. After that she probably spent less time with them and more with Donna and the guys, eventually leading to the other cheerleaders thinking she's 'uncool'.
Old 01-04-2014, 07:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessec12 (View Post)
The only time I remember really seeing Jackie with other friends was the S1 Christmas episode when she was with her cheerleading friends at the party. After that she probably spent less time with them and more with Donna and the guys, eventually leading to the other cheerleaders thinking she's 'uncool'.
That's right! It's so weird -- one would think we would've seen Jackie with her cheerleaders more than once. In "Eric's Corvette Caper," she introduces (or re-introduces) a fellow cheerleader to the group.

But Jackie clearly spent most of her time in the basement ... making out with Hyde.

I wonder if Donna had any other friends in school.
Old 01-04-2014, 10:01 AM
Master Fan

I wouldn't be shocked if Jackie kind of (unintentionally) sabotaged Donna's chances of making any new friends. I remember when Donna and Kelso went to California, and Jackie said she told everyone Donna went away to have a baby.
Old 01-04-2014, 09:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyak0807 (View Post)
I wouldn't be shocked if Jackie kind of (unintentionally) sabotaged Donna's chances of making any new friends. I remember when Donna and Kelso went to California, and Jackie said she told everyone Donna went away to have a baby.
That's true! She might have accidentally done that.

Maybe one of the reasons Jackie got kicked off, was she could have defended Donna, or maybe she wasn't hanging out with the cheerleaders much anymore because she was hanging out with the basement gang.
I am an original”
Old 01-05-2014, 01:54 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistyMountainHop (View Post)
That's right! It's so weird -- one would think we would've seen Jackie with her cheerleaders more than once. In "Eric's Corvette Caper," she introduces (or re-introduces) a fellow cheerleader to the group.

But Jackie clearly spent most of her time in the basement ... making out with Hyde.
It was time well spent. I'm sure once they became official and people found out about them dating that some of her cheerleader friends didn't approve of Hyde as her choice for a boyfriend.

Quote:
But Donna didn't go back to the same school as them after she returned from California. She started going to Catholic school, Our Lady of Perpetual Sorrow That sounds like a fun place.
Old 01-05-2014, 08:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
That's right! Jackie's ridiculous!

But maybe she takes after Kitty, who explained Eric and Donna's wedding being off by saying Eric was gay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msstock87 (View Post)
That's true! She might have accidentally done that.

Maybe one of the reasons Jackie got kicked off, was she could have defended Donna, or maybe she wasn't hanging out with the cheerleaders much anymore because she was hanging out with the basement gang.
Yeah, I bet when Jackie was with Kelso, she hung out more with the cheerleaders -- while Kelso leered at them. But with Hyde, she withdrew from them more and more to spend quality time with him. He taught her how to play chess, for Pete's sake!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanselnext (View Post)
It was time well spent. I'm sure once they became official and people found out about them dating that some of her cheerleader friends didn't approve of Hyde as her choice for a boyfriend.
That's the weird thing about "Christmas". None of her fellow cheerleaders know she's dating Hyde until that dance. Can we say plot hole? Jackie wanted Hyde to go with her specifically so she could show off her "cool" boyfriend, and head cheerleader Julie is impressed. After a year of dating him, the cheerleaders would've known who Jackie's boyfriend was.

Quote:
But Donna didn't go back to the same school as them after she returned from California. She started going to Catholic school, Our Lady of Perpetual Sorrow That sounds like a fun place.
Doesn't it? S5 should've had an episode where Eric and the guys try to break Donna out, and we could've seen what she had to experience there -- and what new friends she might've made.
Old 01-05-2014, 11:02 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Oh, yeah. I forgot about that. And Our Lady of Perpetual Sorrow... I wouldn't go there. And I actually went to a Catholic school for a while and we wore similar uniforms as Donna had to but the name wasn't that bad.

And Lisa, Donna got smacked with rulers at her school just like I did at mine. I was a child but still.
Old 01-05-2014, 11:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

The cheerleaders should have known who Jackie's boyfriend was by the Christmas dance. I know most of the gang graduated in season 5, but they the cheerleaders still should have known!
I am an original”
Old 01-06-2014, 07:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Oh, yeah. I forgot about that. And Our Lady of Perpetual Sorrow... I wouldn't go there. And I actually went to a Catholic school for a while and we wore similar uniforms as Donna had to but the name wasn't that bad.

And Lisa, Donna got smacked with rulers at her school just like I did at mine. I was a child but still.
You and Donna could share war stories!

I feel sorry for the nun (I don't really) who tries to smack Donna with a ruler. Donna wouldn't allow it.

Quote:
The cheerleaders should have known who Jackie's boyfriend was by the Christmas dance. I know most of the gang graduated in season 5, but they the cheerleaders still should have known!
Point Place High couldn't have been so large that Hyde was an unknown quantity. Eric was voted Most Eligible Viking, so I'm sure the cheerleaders all knew he was -- and knew who his friends were. Plus, Hyde slept with Kat Peterson a few times, the most popular girl in school. Yeah, she kept it on the d.l., but I have a feeling nosy, gossipy cheerleaders might've found out. Kat would've shared her dalliance with someone she trusted.
Old 01-06-2014, 06:07 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:

I went to catholic school too but I never got hit with a ruler. Our uniforms were similar to Donna's.

Quote:
Doesn't it? S5 should've had an episode where Eric and the guys try to break Donna out, and we could've seen what she had to experience there -- and what new friends she might've made.
That would've been a great episode getting to see the guys break into Catholic school and then we get to see the kind of girls that went to Donna's school.

Quote:
Point Place High couldn't have been so large that Hyde was an unknown quantity. Eric was voted Most Eligible Viking, so I'm sure the cheerleaders all knew he was -- and knew who his friends were. Plus, Hyde slept with Kat Peterson a few times, the most popular girl in school. Yeah, she kept it on the d.l., but I have a feeling nosy, gossipy cheerleaders might've found out. Kat would've shared her dalliance with someone she trusted.
That's probably a plot hole or something. I have a hard time believing that they didn't know who Hyde was. He slept with Kat Peterson and I'm sure that gossip was spread around school. He also slept with Pam Macy.
Old 01-06-2014, 08:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

I would have loved to see the guys break into school and rescue Donna. So many things could have gone wrong!
I am an original”
Old 01-07-2014, 07:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I went to catholic school too but I never got hit with a ruler. Our uniforms were similar to Donna's.
The T7S guys would've waited for you to visit so they could applaud you.

Quote:
That would've been a great episode getting to see the guys break into Catholic school and then we get to see the kind of girls that went to Donna's school.
Quote:
I would have loved to see the guys break into school and rescue Donna. So many things could have gone wrong!
You just know Fez would've ended up in one of the girl's uniform's, and Eric, Kelso, and Hyde would've dressed up as nuns.

Quote:
That's probably a plot hole or something. I have a hard time believing that they didn't know who Hyde was. He slept with Kat Peterson and I'm sure that gossip was spread around school. He also slept with Pam Macy.
That's right! Hyde did sleep with Pam Macy. But he did it for a noble reason? Sorta? Or maybe that was his payment for helping out Jackie. ANYWAY ... *coughs*

I wonder if Hyde ever wanted Jackie to borrow Donna's Catholic-school uniform. Jackie would've refused for many reasons, one being that Donna's giant uniform would swallow her up.
Old 01-07-2014, 08:21 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
I wonder if Hyde ever wanted Jackie to borrow Donna's Catholic-school uniform. Jackie would've refused for many reasons, one being that Donna's giant uniform would swallow her up.
That could have been a funny exchange! Jackie would say that!
Old 01-07-2014, 08:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

You know, I think I once read a fanfic where Jackie borrowed her uniform and Jackie and Hyde dressed up as Donna and Eric, I could be imagining that though.
I am an original”