Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2004, 01:35 PM
Total Fan

I thought they were REALLY cute [img]smilies/blush.gif[/img]
Old 02-12-2004, 01:45 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by TheAcidQueenOf1977:
<STRONG>I love these two together. I wish we'd get some more affectionate interaction but they're an amusing couple and also have a very sweet feel to them.

Any thoughts on what the writers will do with this storyline?</STRONG>

Maybe they'll have Kelso realize he wants to be with Brooke......not just because of the baby! Right now they seem to be having him always trying to get on her good side so she will except him in the baby's life. It would be nice to have them discover that they've fallen in love along the way!
[img]smilies/love_story.gif[/img] I think they work well together and have a sweetnes about them. She seems to bring out endearing qualities in him. And he makes her less serious. I think he would make a great father despite his kookiness because he's like a "big kid" himself! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] The baby would have a nice balance of serious/fun in his parents! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-13-2004, 12:02 AM
New Fan

I think she's starting to realize she likes him as a person...or she wouldn't have let him near her.

I do have a bad feeling that they'll make this baby not be his. And he'll have gotten attached to her and it, and we'll be left with a crushed Kelso, and she and the baby will disappear.

They're zipping her pregnancy along, and she only has 2 more episodes on her contract...then again that's for this season, but it's just a gut feeling.

I hope I'm 100% wrong. I happen to love them together and I think that we'd get a lot of laughs over the four boys trying to do things with a baby.
Old 02-13-2004, 12:26 AM
Addicted Fan

I hope they don't do the whole "not his baby" thing. I mean a pregnancy alone is almost too dramatic for a sitcom, but having Kelso be broken over the loss of his baby, that would be going too far.

"It's magic between you and me, Max." -Conan O'Brien
Old 02-13-2004, 03:57 AM
New Fan

Quote:
I hope they don't do the whole "not his baby" thing. I mean a pregnancy alone is almost too dramatic for a sitcom, but having Kelso be broken over the loss of his baby, that would be going too far.
I agree. It's managed to be an amusing storyline because of how it's been handled in each episode, while at the same time helping him grow and mature. With only two episodes left on her contract though and no talk that I've seen of adding more on, what else could happen?

I see cliffhanger of her in labor for season finale, then her delivering and it's not his...or it not being his for the finale. I really hope I'm wrong. I think she fits on the show, as a whole, and I don't think it's unrealistic for someone who was as irresponsible as he was to father at a kid.
Old 02-13-2004, 06:43 AM
Part-Time Fan

Another way to write Shannon off would be for Brooke to have a miscarriage and then decide she didn't want to be with Kelso anymore. Then everyone could feel sorry for Kelso and there wouldn't be a "Jump The Shark" baby around. With that the writers will have shown that Kelso has grown but his charactor will be free to explore new storylines.
Old 02-13-2004, 08:18 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Timb:
<STRONG>Another way to write Shannon off would be for Brooke to have a miscarriage and then decide she didn't want to be with Kelso anymore. Then everyone could feel sorry for Kelso and there wouldn't be a "Jump The Shark" baby around. With that the writers will have shown that Kelso has grown but his charactor will be free to explore new storylines.</STRONG>
I was thinking maybe a miscarriage and then he realizes he didn't just want to be with her for the baby's sake.....that he loves her too! It would be sad to have them lose the baby but if they could get the actress to comeback for a good number of epis next season.....they could keep them together [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] . It would show a serious side of Kelso to have them grieving over the loss and then realize that they still want to be together. If they have her leave him that'll be so sad! [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] but like you say......he'll have had a big lesson in growing up! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-13-2004, 08:25 AM
Loyal Fan

Actually I think the baby will happen and Brooke can be talked about on the show without having to be there. I mean how many shows does Bob do. I think it will give a good reason why next season Kelso is not in as many shows. I thought I read somewhere that Ashton might not be in every show next year cause of all his other projects.
Old 02-13-2004, 08:37 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by kezune:
<STRONG>Actually I think the baby will happen and Brooke can be talked about on the show without having to be there. I mean how many shows does Bob do. I think it will give a good reason why next season Kelso is not in as many shows. I thought I read somewhere that Ashton might not be in every show next year cause of all his other projects.</STRONG>
That's also a good possibility. I just heard that next season they will tape around Ashton's and Topher's schedules, not that they would have less screen time. Personally, I hope they keep Brooke around. She is an intelligent, thoughtful charactor. A good influence on Kelso.
Old 02-13-2004, 08:40 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>Actually I think the baby will happen and Brooke can be talked about on the show without having to be there. I mean how many shows does Bob do. I think it will give a good reason why next season Kelso is not in as many shows. I thought I read somewhere that Ashton might not be in every show next year cause of all his other projects.</STRONG>
Oh yeah! That sounds workable! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] And they don't have to show the baby a whole lot.

Come to think of it.....poor Schotzie hasn't had any work for quite awhile [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] .....I know! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] .....they could put him in a bunting and HE could play the baby! [img]smilies/rotfl.gif[/img] an odd looking but still cute baby! [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-13-2004, 10:02 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Yea I think so too. Or I hope so!

At first I thought about a miscarriage too, but that's just TOO serius for a sitcom.
Old 02-13-2004, 12:27 PM
Addicted Fan

I agree. A miscarriage with brooding Kelso would just be too much. But they better keep Brooke around, she makes me actually like Kelso.

"It's magic between you and me, Max." -Conan O'Brien
Old 02-13-2004, 04:59 PM
New Fan

A miscarriage with her this far along would be beyond devastating. Yes there are serious issues like divorce and whatnot that are discussed on the show, but the loss of an unborn life, when people have gotten used to it...while it does happen in reality...is not comedy. And the show is a comedy.

I would love it if they kept the baby AND Brooke around. They continued to increase her contract so that she would be featured on the 8 shows. One can hope they do the same for next season, without making her a regular...although I, for one, would love that.

I happen to like her with Kelso, and I don't think she's detracted from anything at all. If anything, she helps balance things out a bit more.
Old 02-13-2004, 07:53 PM
Ultimate Fan

Katie, I am surprised at you! I can't believe you started this thread. What's next you're going to join us in Paradise-land aka Zenmaster thread? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Oh, by the way, Kelso and Brooke make a cute couple!
Old 02-14-2004, 11:25 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by -diana-:
<STRONG>Katie, I am surprised at you! I can't believe you started this thread. What's next you're going to join us in Paradise-land aka Zenmaster thread? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Oh, by the way, Kelso and Brooke make a cute couple!</STRONG>
Tsk tsk, Diana. You know the little bit of my heart that isn't S/S or E/D would never allow that. My Ice Breaker love is strong. I just figure that since J/K went all UC on me I may as well appreciate the new couple.

Plus, I'm the hugest sucker for babies! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Although J/H didn't have me...well, not shipping them last ep. I'm just not actually shipping them yet.

[ 02-14-2004: Message edited Spud14 ]
For when Glinda chose to remember her youth at all...she could recall far more clearly how she and Elphie had shared a bed on the road to the Emerald City. How brave that had made her feel, and how vulnerable too.