Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2004, 12:56 AM
M3
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by bittersweetxkid:
<STRONG>I usually make my WPs w/ my winamp/media player playing in the background. It makes for great inspiration. But if I have to give that up to get it to work, then I shall at least try. heh. Pssst...just wondering, but how do I get higher(larger?) RAM? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]
</STRONG>
Well you have to buy it... they come in... I don't know how to explain it. They're long and rectangular and they fit into slots in the back of your CPU, if you have any available. If you unhook everything and take it to a CompUSA or something, they can hook it up there and tell you what you have available to add and probably even do it for you for a small fee. I prefer not to mess around back there myself much, but I think brother installed new RAM on his computer and if HE can do it, any slightly humanoid could do it [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Don't wanna be an American idiot. One nation controlled by the media.
I'm not a part of a redneck agenda.
Old 04-26-2004, 05:39 PM
Extreme Fan

So I tried to access Photoshop again. Yea. No luck. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] I deleted all these programs I didn't find extremely necessary hoping that it'll help some for some reason but yea. It still won't work. I'm sad. I don't like messing with the back either, so I don't know if I could/would buy the rectangle thing you're talking about M3. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] So sad [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] I'm looking at all my old WPs right now. *sigh* :feels nostalgic: [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

But man...you know what's even sadder than that? HOW CAN THIS THREAD BE BASICALLY DEAD?! [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] heh. The writers best give us something soon [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]... [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Don't we have anything?? Fics, FA, little things??? [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

[ 04-26-2004: Message edited bittersweetxkid ]

-esther
Old 04-26-2004, 05:49 PM
M3
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by bittersweetxkid:
<STRONG>So I tried to access Photoshop again. Yea. No luck. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] I deleted all these programs I didn't find extremely necessary hoping that it'll help some for some reason but yea. It still won't work. I'm sad. I don't like messing with the back either, so I don't know if I could/would buy the rectangle thing you're talking about M3. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] So sad [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] I'm looking at all my old WPs right now. *sigh* :feels nostalgic: [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

But man...you know what's even sadder than that? HOW CAN THIS THREAD BE BASICALLY DEAD?! [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] heh. The writers best give us something soon [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]... [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Don't we have anything?? Fics, FA, little things??? [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

[ 04-26-2004: Message edited bittersweetxkid ]</STRONG>
I'm so SAD NOW!!!!! I'm deleting PS7 installation from my computer to cut some flab, but I still have the exe if you need it later. I can try and send you Paintshop Pro 6... it's not so VAVAVOOM but it works and some people do a great job with it.... ?

Old 04-27-2004, 04:29 PM
Extreme Fan

Well I posted my problem at the webmaster's board and they sorta have the same suggestion. I love my photoshop but I guess I'm willing to try out PSP. heh. Would you mind sending it to me via yahoo messenger, M3? [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

-esther
Old 04-28-2004, 10:26 PM
Extreme Fan

Ok. Update. Thanks to M3, the awesomest person ever. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] hhe. I have PSP. Too bad I'm just completely stupid when it comes to it, heh. I can't even crop! haha. Ok.

Funny story. See, I was looking through my program files again, and guess what? I found that I had this nifty little program called ImageReady that I never knew I had. Yea. So I really have no idea what that is, and so I click it, and hey! It works! It's kinda like Photoshop so I play around with it a little. And I'm like cool! It virtually is like Photoshop. Maybe I won't need to learn PSP afterall! Cuz, you know, learning photoshop alone was a bitch [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] heh. So I open the pictures and put them together. Then, I find, that I can't blend with it. So me, trying to be all slick and all, and knowing that in Photoshop I can only alter pictures, transer the layers into Photoshop thinking, if they're already on one canvas, all I have to use are layers and the blur tool and such, thus, altering the picture. And I thought I was bein' all slick and *****, and it was working fine. So I was like, HELL YES!, right? And then...it froze. And I reset the computer. And now I'm never doing that again. Funny story, huh? [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]...heh.

So I'm checking out some tutorials to get better acquainted with PSP. You know what's sad, though? Is that it's actually supposed to be easier than Photoshop. But I can't work PSP for ***** [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Oh. Hyde/Donna thread. Right. HD Rocks my socks [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Wait! Before this post becomes completely OT and pointless, here's a little sump'in sump'in to please the eye, yo [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] I was going to cross out Eric and J/K but I felt bad. hhe.

And that's the closest thing to FA you'll get from me in awhile, folks. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] heh.

-esther
Old 05-19-2004, 09:18 PM
M3
Master Fan

Hah, we got a couple scenes! Yay for us! That watertower scene was so sweet, he's always there for her in her worst times, you notice? Always there to make her laugh... They're ending up together, I know it. He won't take much more of Jackie's pecking over getting married, and Donna will realize what that icky feeling in her stomach is. *happy sigh* They're so right for each other its ridiculous

Old 05-19-2004, 09:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

If Donna and Hyde ended up together, I would be really surprised...in a good way. I mean, it can't be a coincidence that in most of the fantasy sequences, they are together (and by most I mean the 2 I remember) First, Eric's dream about Hyde ending up with Donna if Eric never kissed her. Second, in that S4 Christmas episode where Donna was on a motorcycle with Hyde. How hot was that?!

Anyway, to get to my point, I loved the water tower scene. It really showed me what could have been. Sometimes I wish the writer's wouldn't listen to what the fans say (I know, I'm stupid) and just go with what they really want to write. I can guarantee (not really ) that Donna would not be with Eric right now. And this is coming from a 45% Donna and Eric fan!
Old 05-19-2004, 09:46 PM
M3
Master Fan

Well it's been said a couple times that E/D are just wish fulfillment. That Eric types never end up with Donna types, they end up with Big Rhonda types. And I think it's kinda obvious that most of the E/D fans are looking at life and sitcoms from a "settling" point of view too, so they see nothing wrong with being with the first and only person you've ever been with... forever.

Most of us like to actually, you know, date.

Plus Hyde is just damn sexier, kinkier, and sturdier. I can't figure out how Donna hasn't snapped Eric's spine yet during sex. Unless it's just not that great

While I know it's happy for the writers and all that to make Eric out to be this great guy (which um, I don't see, but that's another list), I'd be more interested in the reality of Donna and Hyde with Jackie and Eric. You know, couples that make sense, are compatible, that wouldn't end up divorced in two years.

But hey, I'm a romantic. And I don't settle.

Old 05-19-2004, 09:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I totally agree. I mean, maybe Donna dated Casey for like, 2 days...and Eric dated, well, nobody during their break-up...but they haven't seen the world without each other. Most people don't date and marry the person they've known since they were 4. Maybe if they broke Eric and Donna up for a LONG time and just made the friends...and then put them back together after they have dated more than one person, I would except it...but no.

Donna and Hyde are a much better fit. I mean, you said it best when you said " I'd be more interested in the reality of Donna and Hyde with Jackie and Eric. You know, couples that make sense, are compatible, that wouldn't end up divorced in two years."

I just wish we would have more time to explore different relationships. Jackie and Eric together is something I've been dying to see on-screen.
Old 05-19-2004, 10:07 PM
Passionate Fan

We got a D/H moment! More than one actually!

Loved the water tower scene! Why, oh, why can't they have more scenes together like that???? They have such awesome chemistry!

Those moments made the finale for me.
Old 05-19-2004, 10:51 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by M3
Hah, we got a couple scenes! Yay for us! That watertower scene was so sweet, he's always there for her in her worst times, you notice? Always there to make her laugh... They're ending up together, I know it. He won't take much more of Jackie's pecking over getting married, and Donna will realize what that icky feeling in her stomach is. *happy sigh* They're so right for each other its ridiculous
Could not have said this any better myself. Frankly it pisses me off to no end how the writers have been ignoring any aspect concerning them for so long. Like you've said so many times M3, it actually makes me wonder if the writers forget they're end supposed to be friends for ****'s sake. Real potential wasted there. Guess that's what fic is for sadly...

Speaking of fic though...been giving a little thought to finally finishing VK...maybe this weekend since I have three days off...
Old 05-20-2004, 02:01 AM
Passionate Fan

Glad to hear Donna/Hyde were in the same zip code for the finale, two scenes together and they sound very cool, (any pics?) I kinda hope they were inspiring for fanfic, but I'll make do with the hope that VK will be finished

Grace
Old 05-20-2004, 04:10 PM
M3
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by CreekFreak
I totally agree. I mean, maybe Donna dated Casey for like, 2 days...and Eric dated, well, nobody during their break-up...but they haven't seen the world without each other. Most people don't date and marry the person they've known since they were 4. Maybe if they broke Eric and Donna up for a LONG time and just made the friends...and then put them back together after they have dated more than one person, I would except it...but no.

Donna and Hyde are a much better fit. I mean, you said it best when you said " I'd be more interested in the reality of Donna and Hyde with Jackie and Eric. You know, couples that make sense, are compatible, that wouldn't end up divorced in two years."

I just wish we would have more time to explore different relationships. Jackie and Eric together is something I've been dying to see on-screen.
Yeah, I'm sorry, but when you've really only dated two people and you settle for the first one because the second turned out to be a bit of an ass (well, so's the first one, but anyway), that's really settling. And Donna never wanted to settle in the first three seasons, so... It's really sad. It truly is that she got a taste of freedom and got scared that the world is a big place and it's just safer to stay in Point Place and safer to date/marry Eric than find out there are real men in the world.

I honestly don't see it lasting. There's only so much of Eric screwing up, or over reacting, or apologizing in a lame ass way that makes it seem like it was Donna's fault in the first place that a girl can take before she says "ENOUGH!" Plus she was running away from getting married anyway. We got to hear why Eric thinks he should have left (ruining Donna's life? uh, no, he dreamt she left him because he ruined her life, he was all worried about her LEAVING, not the ruining), but we never got to hear why Donna had cold feet. And not just cold feet, but enough to pack a bag and make a run for it.

Because she knows she's making a mistake. Except she's settled for him for so long she doesn't stand up for herself like she did in Season Three.

And let's not eeeeven get into the Jackie/Hyde dynamic. Jackie will keep picking and poking at Hyde over things like marriage and money and college and buying her things and then he'll be the one to say "ENOUGH!" and leave her. I don't see why she wants to marry the second guy she's ever dated anyway. I mean, hell girl, move to Dallas and be a weather girl like you wanted, get the heck out of Point Place and meet some people!

Geez. What a bad message to send to girls. Donna's settling for the only guy she's ever really known, and Jackie's tried to force both her boyfriends to marry her. *sigh*

Old 05-20-2004, 10:59 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by M3
Jackie's tried to force both her boyfriends to marry her. *sigh*
Hmmm...now that I think about this, in a way this is kind of a burn to the whole 'Jackie' character. For someone who thinks she's so pretty and popular, she has to resort to nagging her only two boyfriends to marry her??? Nor does she even seek friendships outside the gang...just...weird...*shakes head*

Last edited by Robotica; 05-20-2004 at 11:21 PM
Old 05-21-2004, 07:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

M3- ITA with your entire post. I firmly believe that Donna is just settling for Eric because they've been together for years. She hasn't done anything without Eric. It would have been great if the show let Donna travel or go outside Point Place for the summer or something to...clear her thoughts. And Eric should do the same. I like Eric and I think he could find someone that he doesn't have to apoligize to every 5 seconds.

About Jackie...the only guy who I can truly see her with is Kelso. Now, I am biased about it, but they were the only couple that actually made sense. Not only were they practically the same person, but they were together because they knew no one else would take their *****. But...that's a whole other topic.

My point is...people say that "opposites attract," and sure, it can be hot and exciting....but once you're together for so long, how much more arguing can you take? Example: Eric has apoligized to Donna for like, a million things during their relationship.

Ok....my post was long...and maybe it didn't make any sense to anyone...but here's something that should make sense. Hyde and Donna should get together. That's it.