Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2013, 11:57 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistyMountainHop (View Post)

That's true. Man, Hyde and Donna together in that episode were awful. They were such destructive influences on each other. She didn't encourage him to stay in school -- or out of trouble. That's just ... no.
Yeah they were horrible together. Which is why I've said that H/D would have hot fling but that's it. I can't see them really falling in love with each other and if they did they wouldn't bring out the best in each other. The best couples are the ones that bring out the best in each other and help each other grow and become better. J/K were hilarious because they were a disaster but they weren't a good couple. They brought out the worst in each other. But I do enjoy the H/D friendship on the show. I wish more people would explore that in fanfic. You're one of the few writers who has. I've seen more people explore J/E friendship in fanfic even though they barely had any real friendly scenes together on the show compared to H/D.
Old 10-14-2013, 06:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by msstock87 (View Post)
I think you're right Lisa. Donna seeing her parents renew their vows maybe gave her some more faith that relationships could last, which could be why she decided she was ready.
Donna's attitude toward Eric was significantly affected by her parents' relationship. When her parents were doing well together, Donna felt safer in her relationship with Eric. When her parents were not doing well, she withdrew from Eric and became moody -- or she made out with him and didn't want to talk.

It's actually an interesting bit of characterization that I highlighted in the comics. It's also something Donna's gotten criticized for by T7S fans, but she's criticized for so much anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanselnext (View Post)
Yeah they were horrible together. Which is why I've said that H/D would have hot fling but that's it. I can't see them really falling in love with each other and if they did they wouldn't bring out the best in each other. The best couples are the ones that bring out the best in each other and help each other grow and become better. J/K were hilarious because they were a disaster but they weren't a good couple. They brought out the worst in each other. But I do enjoy the H/D friendship on the show. I wish more people would explore that in fanfic. You're one of the few writers who has. I've seen more people explore J/E friendship in fanfic even though they barely had any real friendly scenes together on the show compared to H/D.
I love Hyde and Donna's friendship. I think when she confided in him about her parent-stuff while she used Eric for make-outs says a lot about how she viewed them. Donna didn't think Eric could relate to her parents' weirdo relationship, but Eric was right about her not giving him the chance.

I like the idea of Hyde viewing Donna as a sister. I think in the episode "Everybody Loves Casey," we see this dynamic clearly. He's questioning her about dating Casey Kelso, and she snaps at him nastily 'cause she was in no place to hear it. But Hyde's protective side did come out. What he did in "Eric's False Alarm" wasn't just about Eric; it was also to keep Donna from doing something Hyde probably thought wasn't in her better interest.
Old 10-14-2013, 06:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think Hyde and Donna did have a sister/brother relationship. Their is no doubt he was protective of her.

Donna was going through a lot with her parent's and didn't always know how to handle it, I don't think. She probably didn't think Eric would understand because of his parent's having a good marriage, but I think he wanted to try to.
I am an original”
Old 10-15-2013, 09:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I seriously loved these 2. Can I be added?

Old 10-16-2013, 08:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I think Hyde and Donna did have a sister/brother relationship. Their is no doubt he was protective of her.
Hyde never really seemed to burn Donna, either. Yeah, he'd ogle her once in a while (especially once she started going to Catholic school), but he never really burned her ... unless I just can't remember them.

Quote:
Donna was going through a lot with her parent's and didn't always know how to handle it, I don't think. She probably didn't think Eric would understand because of his parent's having a good marriage, but I think he wanted to try to.
That's one of my favorite things about Eric. He truly loved Donna, and he wanted to support her however he could.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanceWithLife (View Post)
I seriously loved these 2. Can I be added?
Added!
Old 10-16-2013, 07:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

I don't recall Hyde burning Donna either...but if I come across a moment I will let you know!
I am an original”
Old 10-17-2013, 01:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I don't recall Hyde burning Donna either...but if I come across a moment I will let you know!
Thanks!

Hyde kind of subtly burned her in "Bring It On Home". When Donna's complaining about Jackie's insults, she counters them by saying Tommy at the 7/11 gives her free Slurpees. Hyde then counters that by saying Tommy is brain-damaged and gives everyone free Slurpees.

That's about the extent of Hyde's burns on Donna. And he was clearly upset with her in that scene. I think it goes back to Hyde's sense of honor. Donna never really burned Hyde, either. She teased him about his love for Jackie in season 7, but that's about it.

Jackie, on the other hand, burned Hyde all the time in the show's early seasons, so he felt burning her back was fair. But he also protected her -- and was protective of her.

*ahem* *de-Zennifies* Now Eric and Donna burned the hell outta each other in season 4 -- and those were some of the best burns on the show.
Old 10-17-2013, 10:37 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Donna never really burned Hyde, either. She teased him about his love for Jackie in season 7, but that's about it.
Also Hyde teased Donna for liking "scrawny little neighbor boy" in S1 This was before the whole E/D/H love triangle.

Quote:
Now Eric and Donna burned the hell outta each other in season 4 -- and those were some of the best burns on the show.
They sure were some great burns
Old 10-17-2013, 11:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hyde and Donna teased each other, but didn't really burn each other.

I did love some of Eric and Donna's burns to each other in season 4. They were pretty funny.
I am an original”
Old 10-18-2013, 06:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Also Hyde teased Donna for liking "scrawny little neighbor boy" in S1 This was before the whole E/D/H love triangle.
Yes. In "The Best Christmas Ever," it was established that Hyde's feeling for Donna have been there since middle school (he kept that picture of them). So I think all that "scrawny little neighbor-boy" teasing was Hyde's way of being passive-aggressive about Donna's feeling for Eric.

Quote:
Hyde and Donna teased each other, but didn't really burn each other.
Teasing and ogling -- though the ogling went in only one direction.

Quote:
I did love some of Eric and Donna's burns to each other in season 4. They were pretty funny.
We got classic lines in season 4 like, "What did you have for breakfast? Carnation Instant Bitch?" And Donna went off on the basement. Good times.
Old 10-19-2013, 01:00 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
We got classic lines in season 4 like, "What did you have for breakfast? Carnation Instant Bitch?" And Donna went off on the basement. Good times.
Classic line. "Bye-Bye Basement" is a great episode. I have to agree with Donna that Eric's shirt made him look like a stick of fruit stripe gum
Old 10-19-2013, 06:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I have to agree with Donna that Eric's shirt made him look like a stick of fruit stripe gum
It's true. Scrawny little neighbor-boy wearing striped shirts.

I agree with Donna in "Eric's Hot Cousin" that though she had a terrible sunburn, it would fade while Eric's shame at wanting to have sex with his cousin would last forever.
Old 10-19-2013, 11:36 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:

I agree with Donna in "Eric's Hot Cousin" that though she had a terrible sunburn, it would fade while Eric's shame at wanting to have sex with his cousin would last forever.
and yeah the shame would be there forever.
Old 10-20-2013, 12:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:

I agree with both of these statements! Eric did look like fruit stripped gum. I used to love that gum.
I am an original”
Old 10-20-2013, 07:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I agree with both of these statements! Eric did look like fruit stripped gum. I used to love that gum.
I'm sure Eric would find that as a consolation, Colleen!

---

Okay, how about we do 50 reasons why we love Eric and Donna?

---

50 Reasons Why We Love Eric and Donna

1. They're really playful with each other.